CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE
{All the events in this CD take place BEFORE the events of the Peyton Rice CD coming up.}

Hermosa Beach, CA
After The Last Emerge

Jason Dillinger has faced many uphill battles in his close to one full year in Emerge. Getting locked in his locker room to watch Peyton helplessly piledriven. Pulling back on the damage he could have caused Zero all in the effort of becoming a better man. Responding after failing to become the RUSH Champion to a white hot Gavin Taylor. Nothing paled in comparison to the challenge that stood before him on this day. He stands outside the home of Kelcey Wallace, alone, no Peyton in sight. He has been here once before, Halloween party from last year, he dressed like a modern day gladiator. Last year was about fun. Today... serious business. He gathers the nerve up to knock on the door. He stands there for what feels like forever. The door opens to put him out of her misery.

As expected, Kelcey looks perplexed to see him.   “Jason?”

He can feel the tension in the air between then. Awkward tension. “Sorry to come unannounced.”

Kelcey looks around to confirm that Jason Dillinger is all himself. To make sure she had to ask, “Where is Peyton?”

Jason takes a deep breath allowing his nerves to settle down. “She isn’t here. I was hoping to talk to you alone, just you and me.”

Kelcey makes Jason wait for what feels to him is a second too long. “We are long overdue for a friendly chat. ”

Kelcey steps to the side to allow Jason inside her home. He follows her into the kitchen. He takes a seat. Kelcey heads for the refrigerator. Opening the fridge, Kelcey ask. “Would you like anything to drink, Jason?”

“Do you have any vitamin water?”

“Sorry. I don’t.”

“That’s fine. Regular water will do.”

Kelcey grabs a bottle of water from the fridge. She walks over to the kitchen table where Jason is sitting. Taking a seat herself, she hands him the bottle of water.

“Thank you.” Jason says.  

He opens the bottle. Kelcey doesn’t take her eyes off him as he takes a sip from the bottle. She decides to cut straight to the chase.  “Peyton is a grown woman. She is fully capable of making her own decisions. I haven’t tried to sway her one way or another about your presence in her life. To be frank, Jason, I don’t trust you, completely. Don’t doubt you care about, Peyton. There is something about you that’s... off putting.”

“Why? I have been nothing but devoted to Peyton. I have put my well being on the line several times. I died inside when Mika piledrove her. I couldn’t sleep knowing I had failed her.”

“I don’t question your devotion. But it's that same devotion that reminds me of a man I have history with.”

Jason raises an eyebrow. “Wait a second? You’re comparing me to Blake Mason?” Jason is aware of the history between Blake Mason and Kelcey Wallace. Instantly he knew exactly what she was referring to. Blake loved Kelcey with all his heart. The man made more than his fair share of mistakes in the name of love. All but changed the fabric of his dynamic with Kelcey forever, one would argue he crossed lines there is no way he can come back from.

Kelcey nods. “Yes. He was devoted to me in a similar way you are devoted to Peyton. He allowed his devotion for me to make some reckless decisions, ones that hurt me, dearly. Turned him into a man who I didn’t recognize. I question whether you have followed his path.”

Jason hesitates slightly. The burden he carries for the way he has gone about winning Peyton’s heart all but confirm why Kelcey is concerned. He can’t let her know that. All he can focus on is knowing he stopped paying Alistair to get involved. He is focused on that, not his Blake-like actions. “I assure you; I am nothing like Blake.”

Not fully convinced, Kelcey sighs. “I see the signs.”

“With all due respect, you’re wrong about me.” Jason states firmly. “I want nothing more then for Peyton to succeed, just like you. I may get carried away, according to some. That’s only because Peyton is a special woman. In a world without hope a lot times, she is the one constant. The way she stands up for what’s right? What is there not to like? I wouldn’t be the man I am without Peyton. She gets all the credit for me turning things around.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“I am. Trust me.” Jason smiles, briefly. The smile soon fades away. “What can I do to make this right? You are a very important part of Peyton’s life. She values your support. So do I. Whatever I am doing that causes you concern, I will do whatever it takes to relieve you of your concern. I can come buy, wash your car. I can take Christian to the park to play basketball. Whatever it takes. What do I need to do?”

“None of that will be necessary, Jason.” Kelcey lightly chuckles. Her tone turns serious. “All I ask is you continue to be on your best behavior. I hope I am wrong for Peyton’s sake comparing you to Blake. I have been through too much to overlook what I see. The gut never lies. For Peyton’s sake I will try to see what she sees in you. Prove me, wrong. Ok? ”

Jason nods. “I will.”

Jason takes another sip knowing that Kelcey is part right. Also part wrong. He is not the guy who hired Alistair Taylor anymore. Nothing can erase the fact he was that guy...

Venice Beach, CA.

After Jason spent ten more minutes at Kelcey’s home, he figured the best thing to do from this point was visit Peyton. Hopefully she was home. He should have called. Time was of the essence. He stands at her door. His knocking was more urgent than usual.

Didn’t take long for Peyton to open up. With a smile on her face she says. “Hey Dilly!”   

He smiles back. “Hey. Can I come on?”

“Of course. Is everything ok? You look like something is weighing on you.”

He smirks knowing he can’t get anything past her. “There is.”

Peyton lets him inside. Closing the door behind them, Jason didn’t bother to take a seat in the living room. He is feeling super anxious. He tried to say what was on his mind months ago, he couldn’t take the chance of letting this opportunity slip by again.

“Dilly, you’re worrying me. Is this about Capital Shake Up? Don’t worry if we’re in the scramble match together. We’re professionals. Let the best person win.”

“No, it’s not about Capital Shake Up. The least on my mind right now.”

“Ok. Talk to me. You can tell me anything.”

“Anything?”

Peyton nods. “Of course. You and Kelcey have been my rock through everything. After my dad let me down, you two have been a constant. Can always depend on you to be there. Let me be there for you right now. What is it?”

Jason takes a deep breath. It was all or nothing at this point. “I don’t want to bring up the night Mika piledrove you... but I need too. Its important to what I need to say. I was there with you in your room. I had faith you would pull through. I tried my best not to show you how scared I was, who knew what was going to happen. The last thing I wanted was for professional wrestling to be taken away from the best woman I know. On that day I said something to you. I finally summoned the courage to tell you what was really in my heart. You fell asleep. I meant to tell you again. Can’t be a  Man of the Century without courage. I’ve just let it go. I can’t anymore.”

Taking a deep breath, Jason knew this was his chance. “Peyton Rice. From the first day you walked into my life I knew. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt you were the woman for me. We didn’t get off on the greatest start. I was a total tool. Then your smile got to me. The way you carry yourself. The way you are able to be the one beacon of light in a messed up world. How can I not be enchanted with a woman like yourself? It hurt that you choose Ricky. He was man enough then steal your heart. I can’t hold back how I’m feeling any longer. Peyton... I love you.”

“You... love me?” Peyton said one hundred person caught off guard by Jason’s declaration of love. Time stopped. He can tell this is the last thing she expected to hear. She had given him no sign that she knew or suspected Jason felt this passionately about her.

Jason nods. “Yes. I do. Don’t worry, you don’t need to say it back if you don’t feel it. Don’t blame you for not wanting to open your heart up, you felt down by Ricky. You really care about the guy. I can’t it. You are one. You are the sun, the moon, the mountain and the river.”

“I’ve never had anyone quote Az Yet before.” Peyton smiles.

“I can sing every song they ever made.”

“Won’t be necessary, Dilly.” She chuckles.

“Like I said. No pressure. Needed to be honest.”

Peyton grabs Jason’s hand. She looks down at his hand for a moment. He stood there on pins and needles wondering what was going through her pretty perfect mind. Slowly, she brings her eyes up to meet his. With a smile on her face she says, “I love you, too.”

Time stopped for Jason, in a good way. He dreamed a thousand times over that Peyton would say those words. Never expected to hear them. His life felt complete. No longer mattered what the future had in store at the Invasion pay per view, this moment is more powerful than winning any piece of gold. He kisses her. She slinks into his embrace. After a passionate moment of pure love, she pulls back. Grabbing his hand again she leads him to her bedroom.

And...

--

<Promo Time>

“Let me take you back to Invasion: Los Angeles.”

“IF I was cutting the same promo today I did back then, I would stand here telling you that my ascension to the top of EMERGE was predestined, written in stone, that the Gods decided long before any of us were even born that The Man of the Century would leave Capital Shake Up with everything his heart desires. Destiny can’t be challenged...”

“What Invasion: Los Angeles taught me was... destiny can be challenged. It takes more than just telling the world you are preordained by the Gods to become champion to make it so. I get a bad rap for being arrogant, I am not delusional. I have always believed in hard work. Dedication to the sport. Being the man, in effect. I never believed I would steam roll into any event expecting the man or woman on the other side to lay down. Of course I believed in my own greatness. Still do. You need to believe in yourself, if you don’t, what’s the point? But back then, I admit, I did get a bit too carried away with the moniker I bestowed on myself. Being the Man of the Century, you need to live up to ‘predestined’ hype. I failed miserable. I lost to an All-Star. A man who is on the biggest role in years, getting ambushed by a purity cult aside, Gavin hasn’t been kept down. Yet. Not going to lie. A huge part of me wants fate to shine down on me. I would love another crack to avenge my loss to Gavin Taylor. He’s good. I concede that. I no longer believe some God wrote in a book somewhere that he was meant to lose to me in epic fashion.”

“I have grown a lot since that one fateful night. I overcame Zero. I had my own run in with the purity cult weeks ago. I am stronger mentally than ever before. If fate allows me to avenge my loss to Gavin and take the RUSH Championship, so be it.”

“But I can’t be hung up on any single match. I need to be ready for anything. That is what Capital Shake Up is all about. The only thing we can control in life is ourselves. We can’t predict what match we’ll be in. We can hope. We can play multiple scenarios in our head. Hammering down the exact match? Not a chance. On Monday, December 10th, will be the ultimate test for everyone on the Emerge roster. I know you’re wondering, what if I am chosen to be apart of the Scramble match? I don’t want to face Peyton. I will forever stand by that. I love her. Will always want the best for the one person who has made the biggest difference in my life. I will accept what fate chooses with grace. Honor. Respect. We’ll see what happens, won’t we?”

“That’s it for now. See you Monday.”
[Image: jdilly.png]

Messages In This Thread
CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-20-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Livin' On A Prayer - by Rick Young - 12-07-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by MOTC - 12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Peyton Rice - 12-07-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Kandis. - 12-08-2018, 12:04 AM