End of the Year Open Invitational
ooc: Since there was a bit of an issue regarding the "joint" effort in my last match, I wanted to make it explicitly clear this time that Ruby's handler gave me a helping hand with a lot of her dialogue in this to help set up where things will be at for us to start the new year for a little bit.

It should come as no surprise that the mansion/castle that serves as the home of the Red Empire was anything but merry for the holidays.

After all, how can Scarlet Grey be merry about what went down on that final Breakdown of 2018?

In her mind, it was all so simple: she saunters out there looking as “creatively sexy” as possible and gives Aaron one last chance to ditch Liane and be hers. Best case scenario, that's exactly what happens and there's no need for a tag match. Worst case scenario, as far as she was concerned, was he stubbornly shoots her down and she and Ruby make both him and his precious girlfriend pay dearly for it en route to notching a technical win, regardless of whether he was pinned or not, over a former champion to close out the year with some nice momentum.

Unfortunately, there existed a scenario far worse than what Scarlet was willing to imagine, and she was living in a world where such a hell truly existed at this point in time.

Not only had she and Ruby actually LOST that match, which was devastating in its own right because once again they were beaten by a not-actual team, which really set them back in their tag team exploits, but she had found herself being pinned by a non-wrestler in Liane. Sure, she and Ruby could bring up the fact that Aaron wasn't very “good guy-like” in how he did it, but it didn't change the fact that they were a lot farther behind the 8-ball regardless to end the year. Sure, there was still the possibility of the open invitational, but it didn't seem as interesting to Scarlet this year because it was just “ordinary” compared to the fun idea put forth by Ace Marshall last year with his trios contract.

Not to mention the glaring face of her partner and the reminder that 2019 wasn't going to be starting off very well for their plans no matter what Scarlet decided to do about the invitational.

Ruby laid on the couch in the living room, her anger clearly transfixed on a depressed Scarlet as she sat on the floor against the wall. Not even her sexy version of a Mrs. Claus outfit could liven things up for the holidays right now, but that was to be expected. She didn't have Aaron here to truly enjoy it and anything else she could think up and she never would at this point, she was ending the year on quite a low note barring an appearance and win in the invitational, and perhaps worst of all was the sight of Ruby's ankle in bandages elevated onto the couch's armrest, a casualty from the nightmare of a tag match that was more her fault than anyone else's. After all, in the midst of her psychotic episode to try and destroy Aaron and his girlfriend, she hadn't paid attention to the fact Ruby was up on Aaron's shoulders when she leaped onto his back, and the resulting fall was now going to force Scarlet to be in action solo for the immediate future. Ruby could normally be forgiving about Scarlet “losing her cool” like that, but when it put her on the shelf for merely being in the crossfire, that was going to be a little less easy to overlook.

Grey: I'm sorry Rubes...

Scarlet's voice came out almost in a whisper, the clear sign of a woman that had been broken. Ruby still heard it, and it didn't soften her glare one bit.

Amarant: It's good to know that you're sorry Scarlet, even though that's all you've tried to say to me since I came back here, but it still doesn't magically fix my ankle or our fractured plans, now does it?

Grey: Well... you're talking to me again at least... that's progress. Still, what will it take-

Amarant: Don't even start throwing out suggestions Scarlet, because you're going to be helping me out regardless when I absolutely need it while this is what I have to put up with, and it's not simply going to make me any less upset with you. I get it, I know that you really wanted to make a statement about how unwise it was to get on your bad side and deny you what you want, but when you get so lost in this irrational temper tantrum that it costs me the ability to be able to walk correctly for a while, let alone compete, then clearly something needs to be done about it. As much as I hate to say it, this is one time where you simply can't get your way and we have to move on and refocus.

Grey: That's easy for you to say...

It was the truth, and while Ruby knew it as well as Scarlet did she wasn't about to let the crimson-haired temptress off the hook that easily, not this time. Scarlet always had a problem with letting things go when she actually became focused on them, but at this point it was clear there was nothing left in regards to trying to pursue Aaron Blackbourne. Maybe their paths would cross again in the ring one day, maybe some opportunity would arise somehow for Scarlet to still get what she wanted, but the more she obsessed over it the less progress they were going to make at this point. As far as Aaron was no doubt concerned, this was done and he would shift gears to starting the impending year trying to make up for all the time he lost dealing with the Red Empire, and with the current landscape of things these two ladies would need to shift gears as well if they hoped to benefit in any way.

Amarant: Look, Scarlet... I'm not going to be out of commission forever. It's not like my ankle was completely destroyed or anything. Give it a month or two and we can pick up as a team where we left off, assuming I'm willing to fully trust you again after this. We need to look at the bigger picture right now: the current state of SCW and how we can use it to our advantage.

Grey: ...I guess you're right. I mean, if Katya's willing to let me have as much freedom as I want to be me, then I don't see a problem with the way she runs things. Maybe we can help open SCW up to some other ideas that are more beneficial and fair to people like us. Plus, I can just see a few title pictures that are pretty wide open that we could take a stab at, or even big opportunities like that trios thing I know SCW does every year. Worse case scenario, I could just use that as a chance to still get what I want from Aaron.

Amarant: Not exactly what I had in mind on that avenue, but as long as you're willing to keep yourself in check before flying off the handle, it's at least a step in the right direction. If we're on Katya's good side I'd like to stay there, so please try not to go overboard with “convincing” her to give you whatever you're hoping for, and as long as we play our part the Red Empire could soon have everything we desire.

Grey: ...you think I could see if she'd give me a TV title shot? I mean, I did kind of get robbed the last time by that useless Justin Davis guy, and I think it's only fair if I get a shot before, say, Aaron does since he didn't exactly play fair to beat us. Plus, I think I'm clearly more than that fat slob can handle, and even I feel like he's a disgrace to televisions everywhere.

Ruby looks like she's contemplating this for a moment.

Amarant: Perhaps, but baby steps Scarlet. First thing's first... I know it may not be as much “fun” to you as last year's, but maybe you should consider the invitational. It wouldn't hurt to try and regain SOME momentum going into next year, and I'm sure you could still have some fun if you wanted to.

Grey: Maybe, but I don't know-

Amarant: What if Aaron's in the match too? He debuted in it last year, just like you, and I doubt he'd pass up a chance to try and bring one of those “demons” of his to life since he blames us for preventing him from doing that nonsense for about half of the year. And even if he's not, maybe this is a good chance for you to get all of this out of your system so that way when next year begins and especially when I'm good to go again, we don't have another incident like...

Ruby points to her bandaged ankle to make it clear what she's referring to, and while Scarlet sheepishly looks away, the more she contemplates it the more she realizes that Ruby's got a point. She doesn't really have anything to lose in all honesty, and regardless of whether or not Aaron decides to do the match too she can easily let her emotions be vented all over everybody without much repercussion so that next year she can try and start tackling things the Red Empire way again: with the head and not the heart, or whatever Scarlet could substitute for a heart since she liked to think she was a little lacking in such a thing. With a determined look, Scarlet pops up to her feet and tightens her fists.

Grey: Alright, I'll do it. I mean, what have I really got to lose, right?

Messages In This Thread
End of the Year Open Invitational - by supremecw - 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by TSC - 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Kiken'na - 12-27-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Da Queen - 12-28-2018, 03:59 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-29-2018, 02:26 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 05:43 PM