End of the Year Open Invitational
Marcus V. Lopez | "A New and Improved, Best Business Marcus"

{The episode starts at the arena for SCW’s End of the Year Show. The scene opens backstage to Katya D. as she is making sure things are perfect for the show so SCW can go into 2019 in the best possible way. Behind Katya, Sasha D. walks up to her.}

Sasha D.: Good luck tonight, Katya.

Katya D.: Ah thank you Sasha. This isn’t just for me. It’s for SCW. We’re going into the new year with a blast.

Sasha D.: That’s great, Katya. I’m really hope it turns out for the best.

{Sasha gives Katya a hug. The camera shows Katya’s face in the sisterly embrace and she is more suspicious by it than anything else. Sasha let’s go of Katya and just looks at her with a smile before walking away.}

{Katya stands there and thinks to herself what that was all about. She figures that Sasha must be up to something for the show.}

Stage Hand: Excuse me, Ms. D. Where would you like this equipment?

{Katya waves her hand up silencing the employee.}

Katya: Shhh, do whatever you want. I got something to squash. My night must be perfect.

{Katya walks away as she tries to figure out what Sasha is planning for the show and the scene fades.}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene opens in the parking garage of the arena where Katya is seen waiting. She knows whatever Sasha is planning they’re bound to show up here and she’s going to catch it and bust them. While she waits in the parking garage she watches for several minutes as the circus themed characters for the battle royal make their way inside. Each one more ridiculous than the next. Katya begins to ponder that maybe an open invite battle royal might be too much with these ridiculous talents walking in. She seems to have enough and goes to turn the more insane ones away, but she gets distracted by a limo pulling up right outside.}

Katya D.: Oh, I knew she was up to something.

{Katya walks over to the limo and walks down the stretch to the back doors and stands there walking to see who steps out of it. The door pops opens and Katya stands back. Out of the limo steps Marcus V. Lopez. He is dressed in a really nice suit and wearing a pair of designer sunglasses. Katya looks at him with a confused look. Also stepping out the car is Marcus’ sister, Mariela who is also dressed in some nice designer clothing too. Mariela looks at Katya and smiles.}

Katya D.: Who are you? Did Sasha send you for the Battle Royal?

Mariela: Who are we? Do you not read the headlines? We are making our return to Marcus’ first home after traveling the world and cultivating his craft. He is so much more than what SCW sees him as and tonight he is prepared to show the world how far Marcus has come in his career and nothing is going to stop him tonight.

Katya D.: So you did talk to Sasha then? She thought she could hi jack the battle royal tonight and try and ruin my show.

Mariela: Katya, I’m not sure what you're talking about, but if you want the best for tonight. Then we should talk. Marcus, I’m going to have a chat with Ms. D. This should take a few minutes.

{Mariela and Katya walks off leaving Marcus and the cameraman alone. Marcus takes off his glasses and puts them away. He walks into the building to check out how things have changed since he’s been away. Marcus walks pass the production truck and checks out the SCW art on the side of it with the SCW Champion, Sienna Swam. Road Agent, Dillusion appears and sees Marcus. He walks over and greets with old tag team partner.}

Dillusion: Hey MV, how’s it going? Long time man. I guess you’re here to be in the battle royal, huh?

Marcus V. Lopez: (laughs) No.

Dillusion: What?

Marcus V. Lopez: I’m here to win the battle royal.

{Marcus turns and walks away giving Dillusion the cold shoulder. He walks up to the backstage area where most of the wrestlers have gathered. Marcus just stands there and puts on a cocky attitude like he’s better than them. Mariela returns after her chat with Katya. She and Marcus step aside from the crowd to talk.}

Mariela: Everything is good, Marcus.I talked to Katya and she’s totally on board with us. When we win this battle royal. It’s going to pay off huge for us.

Marcus V. Lopez: Oh Thank God, I don’t know how much more I can do dis. I just had to blow off Dillusion a second ago. I like dat guy. We were tag team champions together. Now I’m probably off his Christmas card list. I loved his cards.

Mariela: Marcus pull yourself together. We can do this.

Marcus V. Lopez: Can we? We are spending a lot of money and if we don’t win it’s going to be very bad.

Mariela: Marcus, you are a great wrestler. Your story is better than almost everyone in this battle royal and probably half the current roster. Everyone wants to see you win this battle royal. A Championship. The World Title. People want to see your moment and that’s what we are going to give them. That’s what I sold Katya on and she agrees. You are best valued in this battle royal now.

Marcus V. Lopez: You’re right. I needed dis. Thanks for the clothes and the confidences.

Mariela: I know we kind of embellish a little bit, but it’s what we had to do. Now Marcus, look at everyone here. These are you’re competition for the battle royal. What do you think?

{Marcus scans the crowd of wrestlers in the crowd and puts on a smarky smile.}

Marcus V. Lopez: They’re not world class like I am.

Mariela: Good. Let’s go get you ready.

{Marcus and Mariela step away and head to the locker rooms to get Marcus ready for the show, but not before running into Gigi Steward backstage. The two have a bit of a stare down. Perhaps a bit of an eerie sign as Mariela got in good terms with Katya. Mariela pulls Marcus away and the scene fades.}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene changes to the gorilla position during the show and Marcus and Mariela are about to make their entrance for the battle royal. The camera catches up with them to get their final thoughts before they head out.}

Mariela: Tonight the SCW fans get to see the re-debut of a man that has been through so much. A man that has reached the top once in his career and touch his finger tips on the brass ring before falling back down that ladder. Tonight he is back with new attitude. He is done playing the fool. This isn’t a circus wrestling show. This is a business. A business with winners and this man is going to win big tonight.

Marcus V. Lopez: Bonjour, I have seen the world since I’ve been away. I’ve been teaching myself new techinques and new moves. I’m not going to call myself the best. No dat is not for me to call myself. Dat is for all of you to realize. The MV dat you all knew before. He was never more than a tag team wrestler. Partnered with a man dat couldn’t stand him. Sure it got him a hall of fame ring, but dat’s the not prize that I want. The thing dat I want has never change since my finger tips touch it so long ago. Tonight you’re going to see a new side of me. There will be no joking around. Half these entrant dat are just here for a cheap laugh. They’re just reminders of what I was. I see them as making a mockery of me and it will do nothing, but fuel my passion tonight. No one is going to stop me from winning dis battle royal. So to our boss lady Ms. Katya D. tonight we are going to do dis for you. Because 2019 will be a fantastic year for the business dat we make.

{Marcus smiles at the camera as he walks behind the curtains to the ring with his sister as the scene and the episode end,}
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
End of the Year Open Invitational - by supremecw - 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by TSC - 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Kiken'na - 12-27-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Team Desire - 12-29-2018, 03:46 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-29-2018, 02:26 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 05:43 PM