End of the Year Open Invitational
Jordan Majors 2

(The crowd roars as Jordan Majors throws her hands in the air after tossing the final competitor over the ropes. Streamers and confetti fall from the sky as a trophy and bag of cash are ushered into the ring. Bad to the bone plays and suddenly Jordan is driving a convertible through sunny California with a girl in the passenger seat next to her. Suddenly she’s seen place to place in a montage of footage tossing money out for various items and services. Then a microphone is pushed into her face by TMZ.)

TMZ: So… everyone wants to know when your next match will be?

Jordan: My next… what?

(An alarm blares and Jordan jolts out of bed and grabs her phone to silence the beast.)

Jordan: What the f…? Man, what a dream that was.

(The door to her room opens as another woman walks in and stares down at Jordan, arms crossed and shaking her head.)

Woman: Were you dreaming again? I could hear you thrashing about in bed from the other side of the house.

Jordan: What do you care, Kara?

Kara: I care because I’m your cousin. And your personal trainer. And you agent. And your publicist. I think I’m your assistant, too, but I haven’t figured that one out yet.

Jordan: Well did you get me my coffee then?

Kara: Are you kidding? Who do you think I am?

Jordan: My assistant?

Kara: Get your ass out of bed, we’ve got to get you to the gym to get you ready for this big debut you can’t stop talking about.

(Jordan rolls out of the bed and stretches as she throws on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top, finishing it off with a hoodie.)

Kara: You’re wearing that? Just going to roll outta bed and head out like that? When will you learn that you’ve got to keep up appearances if you want to be a Star.

Jordan: Well I’m already a star, and if someone has a problem with the way I look I have no issue cracking their jaw with my left foot. And that’s only if I’m being nice.

Kara: Still, people care how you’re dressed. They care how you look no matter where you’re at. If you want to be the top dawg, you’ve got to make them believe it in and out of the ring.

Jordan: What do you want me to do, wear a suit and a Rolex and fly on private jets every where I go?

Kara: It wouldn’t hurt, but frankly I don’t know that we have the money.

Jordan: We will soon. We don’t need it, really, but we’ll be cashing a pretty big check come the end of this pay per view. This is about to be the biggest debut SCW has ever seen. After this I could buy us both Rolexes, suits and flights on private jets.

Kara: Ok, it’s only $250,000 so let’s not get crazy. But I’d appreciate the gifts.

Jordan: It doesn’t matter what you’d appreciate, Kara. I wouldn’t give you that stuff if you weren’t related to me and we were dating. I wouldn’t give that stuff to any many or woman who I took by my side. I don’t care about any of that stuff. I might as well take that bag of money, walk to ring side and pour it out in the front row where the real fans are. Why would I waste money on a watch for you? I already I have to deal with your crap every single day of the week.

Kara: I was just thinking nice thoughts, I guess.

Jordan: Is that all you can think now after that one time I “accidentally” kicked you with my right foot?

Kara: ---

Jordan: Nothing to say now, huh? I’m wearing this and we’re going to the gym.

(At the gym, Jordan is lifting as she stares straight into the mirror in front of her, focusing on her muscles.)

Kara: You’re looking stronger and stronger by the day. Looking like you could fight your way through a brick wall.

(Jordan drops the weights and sits down on a bench. She looks up at Kara and flashes a smile.)

Jordan: You know what makes me different than all the rest of the people that are entering this match? It’s not that I have the most legitimate chance to run the table. It’s that I’ve worked harder than anyone who wrestles to reach the point I’m currently at. They’re busy promoting their rich lifestyles and their flashy Christmas vacations and all the nonsense that takes place in their personal lives. I’m not a fantasy, I’m a reality and reality comes at them super fast when they try and step up to me in that ring. It’s not that I could fight my way through a brick wall, it’s that I am THE brock wall that they are going to face in the battle royal. Think about it. They say little me, 5-foot-3 of pure energy and brunette hair running to the ring and they immediately think they have it easy. It’s the first thought they have about me and the last mistake they make with me before they’re sitting on their ass on the outside of the ring and turning back to see that little girl just tossed them from the match. Countless men and women are about to have that exact experience in a few days.

Kara: I like the confidence, obviously, but where in the hell did it come from? Is this about your dream?

Jordan: It is Kara. I saw the future. I saw myself winning that bag of cash and carrying it with me straight to the west coast to enjoy myself. But that’s not who I am.

Kara: No, you’re a little more robotic than that.

Jordan: You shut your mouth!

Kara: Seriously, all you do is talk about yourself like you’re some sort of perfectly oiled machine. You’re not perfect. I’ve seen you completely humbled. Robots don’t have emotion.

Jordan: Do you want me to humble you in the middle of this crowded gym?

Kara: I’m just saying. You need to be prepared for anything. What makes you better than them is not how hard you hit, but how hard you care. It always has been. I’ve seen you hit people as hard as the next, but it’s also true that you care about what happens more than any of them ever could. That is what makes you special in my opinion. So if you win, you better sure as hell do something more with that money than robotically walk off.

Jordan: Of course I care. I care a lot. This is my debut and this is the lone chance I have to make an impact. But I’m not the type to go limousine riding and relax in front of the fire on a bear rug with a bottle of wine. If that’s who you think I am, than you have no idea who I am at all. I want more than anything in this world for that entire roster to never forget my name after this weekend. I’ve been fighting in rings all of my life, all over this country, but I’ve never fought at this level before. So I have to be prepared. I have to. You don’t break the glass ceilings they try to trap you under if you aren’t ready for anything. So I have to believe I’ll win this. But I can’t start making plans for how I’ll spend that money until after the match is over.

Kara: Let’s get out of here.

(Jordan and Kara load up and leave the gym, heading for their car. Arriving back home, Jordan walks away to head to her room and makes her way into the bathroom and stares into the mirror at herself.)

Jordan: No matter what they say, no matter what they do, you can’t let it be a distraction. This match was made for your debut. They created this years ago not knowing what they’d done. The past? That was there moment. This one is yours. You have to take what’s in front of you and grab it and never look back again. Everything that’s lead up to this has prepared you. Your family has the pedigree. You have the work ethic. You have the faith in yourself. No matter the cost, you can go into this battle royal and come out on the other end this as the winner. This has the potential to be a career defining moment. They will never forget your name after this one. You have nothing better to do than to become the last one standing in this match.

(There’s a creak in the door as Kara pokes her head in looking concerned.)

Kara: What are you doing in here?

(Jordan reaches forward and grabs her phone and flashes it in the air.)

Jordan: Nothing, just playing Fortnite, you know? Battle royal! Woo!

Kara: Ok, weirdo.

(Kara shuts the door and leaves and Jordan turns and tosses her phone back on the counter, leaning forward and looking in the mirror. She nods.)

Jordan: There is no doubt in my mind now. I’ve seen the best of what so many have to offer and I’ve overcome it all. No matter what they do to me I fight and I claw and I scratch across that mat until I can get back to my feet and keep fighting. I’ve bled all over the mat. I’ve fought through streams of tears from broken bones that I refused to let keep me down. Everyone in this match wants to believe that something separates them from the rest. They want to believe that they are –

(Kara bursts through the door again, this time laughing.)

Kara: Ok, you’ve got to stop. You’re cracking me up, girl. What are you doing, cutting a promo on your reflection or something?

Jordan: Maybe.

Kara: Why don’t you save it for the match?

Jordan: Why don’t I just give it to you right now? You call yourself a trainer? I call you a leach. You hang around here following me from place to place and pretending like you’re some sort of hard worker. I’m the one that does all the work and you’re just here reaping the benefits of what I do. I look at you and I see the same mentality of every person that has entered this match. I see that same fat and happy attitude. That happy go lucky look in your eyes that tells me when the tough gets going it will be you that crumbles and me that rises to the top and proves that I am truly the cream of the crop. You think it means anything that I’ve never fought in SCW before? You’re wrong. They’re wrong. This is my match to lose and I’m not letting anyone else take it from me.

(Kara looks at Jordan startled, not knowing what to say before Jordan flashes a smile and then lets out a soft laugh.)

Jordan: I’m just messing with you Kara.

Kara: Ah, ok.

Jordan: I do have to tell you something though. You suck as an assistant. All I asked for this morning was coffee. You didn’t do it. You stink as a trainer. I was working out and you were playing on your iPhone Tamagotchi. Someone called to interview me and you told them you’d call them back later when I was sitting like five feet away from you. So long story short, I know what I’m doing when I win that $250,000.

Kara: Oh, well what’s that Jordan?

Jordan: I’m hiring someone who can actually do all the jobs you claim to do.

(Kara gets huffy and walks out of the bathroom, stomping away and slamming the door to Jordan’s bedroom. Jordan snickers and turns back to her mirror.)

Jordan: Well that was easy. Now it’s time to go win the next battle.

Messages In This Thread
End of the Year Open Invitational - by supremecw - 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by TSC - 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Kiken'na - 12-27-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Jsquared - 12-29-2018, 01:46 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-29-2018, 02:26 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 05:43 PM