End of the Year Open Invitational
OOC: Something fun I decided to do using one of the numerous siblings I keep saying Aaron Blackbourne's girlfriend Liane Forte has, to kind of help add to that story a little bit for possible future use. This Lane Forte RP is not going to be my only effort though... heads up, there is a Blackbourne piece in the works for this match as well, I'm just ironing out a few final details to what I want to do with him before I put it up.
-----------------------------------

There were many words one could use to describe Lane Forte, but one word that was always common among them was ‘winner.’

The fifth oldest of the Forte siblings was the natural born athlete of the family, and her desire to be the absolute best at every sport she could get into naturally made her stand out in a crowd. After all, it’s one thing for a female to rise to the top of her class in both high school and college when it came to basketball, softball, volleyball, etc. but when they actually start forcibly tearing down barriers because they’re also determined to be the best at football and wrestling and sports that you typically don’t see women getting into, then you know you’ve got someone special on your hands. Unsurprisingly, she was a shining star in her parents’ eyes, and while her siblings could be proud of her accomplishments…

Well, the ego that tended to come with it is another story entirely.

Lane loved her family, that much was true, but sometimes it was hard to really notice because the more she was basically “sports star supreme” the bigger her ego tended to grow. This often made her hyper-competitive whenever everyone gathered to do anything, even simple things such as a family board night, and as long as it could have a winner she just had to be that winner no matter what. To some degree, this also made her a bit of a bully towards her siblings, even the older ones because she was capable of overpowering them even if they were much bigger than her. She could try to hide some of it behind the claims that she was trying to help ‘toughen them up’ but that could only hold so much water in so many scenarios. Still, her parents tended to let a lot of it slide for fear of upsetting their ‘greatest accomplishment.’

After all, by this point they’d already driven away their comedian, which resulted in them also losing their now world-renowned fashion designer, their rock star and most recently their comic book artist.

This was one of the reasons that made the holidays a bit of an awkward time for the Forte clan, especially this year. When it came to the siblings that left, there was a giant question mark on whether or not they’d be willing to come back to celebrate, or how things would be with their parents if they did. Liane was obviously a no as mom and dad simply found it very hard to get over her constant joking and pranking, even if they were very much aware now that she had a boyfriend who was finding success in the wrestling industry. Their oldest usually boiled down to whether or not she was more willing to stay with her fiancé’s family, and the others were purely a toss up.

Lane wasn’t really expecting them to come back home, even if she did want to spend some time with them again, especially Liane. This made it quite a surprise when she walked through the front door late from practice one night and found that despite Christmas still being just under a week away, Lina and Liza had both decided to drop by, plopping down on the couch to watch something they both seemed very interested in, which was a rarity in and of itself when it came to the many clashing personalities within their family.

“Come on Liane, you can totes do this!”

“Kick her ass and get Aaron back in there brah!”

“Wow, I’ve never seen you guys both so excited over something on TV. What’s on?”

“Oh Lane, good timing! Liane’s wrestling in SCW and we’re totally giving her all the support we can!”

Lane’s eyes nearly bugged out of her skull as her duffel bag fell from her shoulder with a lot less control than she intended it to. She turned to look at her two older sisters for a moment, trying to find any hints that they were just kidding her, and despite not seeing any sign to prove it she let out a chuckle regardless.

“Alright, good one guys. Seriously, I know Liane’s kind of got something going on in SCW right now since she’s dating that wrestler and got dragged into this storyline going on, but I know you’re joking. She may have gotten into a fight or two, and then there was that stupid bikini contest thing, but Liane is not… wrestling… in a… match…”

Lane’s confidence that she’d seen through the joke immediately evaporated when her eyes locked with the TV and she realized that there, in fact, was no joke this time. Clear as day was that night’s edition of Breakdown, which she already knew she’d have to find a replay of due to her roller derby team’s practice running so late tonight, but right before her very eyes was her immediate older sister actually competing in a match, specifically a tag match alongside her boyfriend against the two women who’d been pushing her around all because one of them wanted to replace her as Aaron’s girlfriend basically. She slowly sat on the couch in silence, her sisters’ cheering becoming nothing but white noise as she watched Liane fight out of a bad spot in order to tag Aaron back in, the awkward landing Ruby Amarant took on her ankle because of some over-aggression on the part of her own partner, the referee accidentally getting knocked out in the scuffle between Liane and Scarlet, Scarlet’s attempt to use a metal gauntlet to rearrange her sister’s face, the perfect timing between boyfriend and girlfriend as Liane ducked so Aaron could clobber Scarlet with a wicked knee strike before she landed her own maneuver and scored the pin. She watched it all play out, and while it was easy to tell just from what she was able to catch that she was still very rough around the edges, Liane hadn’t done too bad, especially against two women who’d been tormenting her and her boyfriend for far too long to the point where it even made Lane’s blood boil as she desperately wanted any excuse to suddenly show up at an SCW event and turn them into human pretzels.

The big thing that was standing out in her mind right now, though, was the fact that Liane, whose real passion was comedy, had actually gotten to compete in a pro wrestling match. Lane certainly couldn’t blame her if things ultimately boiled down to this with everything the Red Empire had been doing, but Liane getting to accomplish a sports dream before Lane herself was anywhere close to feeling ready to make that leap? Something about that was tearing her up inside.

“Alright Liane! Yay!”

“She didn’t do half-bad, and her boyfriend can definitely throw a wicked knee.”

“I’m glad she was able to use the outfit I made for her. Wrestling attire might just be a new industry I could break into, even if that witch tried to destroy my hard work out of sheer jealousy.”

“Hey, she got what was coming to her, right Lane?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, sure…”

Lina and Liza both shelved their celebrations and glanced at one another before looking over to Lane, who looked like she was in a trance watching Aaron and Liane head backstage on TV in celebration of their big victory. Both of them began to feel a bit concerned, even after she seemed to snap out of it once the show transitioned over to a backstage interview with the Streets. Liza had an idea of what was going on, and she put a hand on her younger sister’s shoulder before things could erupt.

“Look, Lane, I know sports and wrestling and all that’s your thing, but this was just a one time gig for Liane. She couldn’t take what was going down anymore and none of us blame her for that. She’s not going to make a job out of this and steal your thunder dude.”

“She’s still wrestled a match before I ever had the chance to power through some actual training and take the leap myself.”

“So what? You’ve been watching SCW far longer than any of us have, Lina and I really only got into it to check out Liane’s boyfriend since we’ve never gotten the chance to meet him and maybe never will if we keep hanging around here, and to keep tabs on her when we saw she got mixed up in this Red Empire nonsense. You know as well as we do her true passion is making people laugh brah, and this isn’t going to change that. You know the Forte sibling mantra…”

“Right, when we find something we’re passionate about, we’ll fight tooth and nail to keep from losing it. I get that, and I’m happy for her even if I still want to turn those Red Empire bitches black and blue myself, but I just can’t shake the feeling-”

“Dude, turn off the competitive edge for once in your life!”

“Lane, neither Liza or I will sit here and argue with you. When you do become a wrestler, we both know you’ll go on to become the best because you always do, even if it drives us crazy sometimes when you go way overboard with the gloating. Liane’s not a wrestler… she just had to become one tonight to defend her relationship. Like Liza said, this was just one time and it probably won’t happen again-”

Lina never really got the chance to finish before Lane slipped free of Liza’s grip and stormed upstairs, not even bothering to retrieve her duffel bag. She threw open the door to her bedroom and threw herself onto her bed, letting out a frustrated scream into her pillow so it would be muffled enough for no one to hear. The only person who could have would be the sister she shared this room with, but considering the age gap between them if she was home from college for the holidays yet it would be quite a surprise. This was perfect as far as she was concerned, because it meant she could vent without anybody to interrupt her, and she made sure to close and lock the door for good measure first.

“Like those two have any idea what they’re talking about.”

In anger, Lane pulled off her roller derby jersey and hurled it against the wall. She went to stand in front of the mirror that was in the room, looking over her body as a million thoughts rushed through her head. Sure, maybe she wasn’t the most attractive of the Forte sisters, but the various noticeable muscles that rippled across her body made it painfully clear she was the strongest. She took a moment to flex to remind herself of this before going to sit on the edge of her bed with a sigh.

“I hate this… I’m happy for Liane for standing up for herself and what matters to her, and they’re both probably right that this is just a one-off, but I just can’t let go of the fact that she wrestled before I could get the chance to. I know it sounds stupid, but I just can’t let her show me up like that! And I still feel like I need to help finish what she started, because that Ruby chick might be injured because that landing on her ankle just looked nasty, but if that Scarlet bitch still won’t let this go…”

That’s when the lightbulb seemed to go off in Lane’s head. The more she thought about SCW, the more she remembered seeing various commercials run about the End of the Year Special they always held on New Year’s Eve. More specifically, the Open Invitational match that always just turned into a giant mess of human bodies all fighting for a prize of a quarter of a million dollars and a brand new car, the important note about it being that anyone could enter. She didn’t really need the money, as sports scholarships and what she figured would inevitably be lucrative contracts when she turned pro regardless of the sport could solve that problem, but a new car was always nice to consider since a family as large as theirs was always a mess when it came to the idea of financially sorting out transportation. The fact that she could compete despite not being technically trained though… maybe, just maybe this was her chance to prove herself, silently showing Liane just how it’s done while still fighting to lend her sister a helping hand the only way she knew how, especially if that Scarlet woman decided to take part as well. And if her boyfriend threw his name into the fray as well… maybe she could see how she stacks up against him.

“Sorry mom and dad, but I think I’ve got a change of holiday plans in the works.”

With that, Lane carefully dug around under her mattress to find something she’d sunk money into earlier this year without her parents knowing: a passport. True, it was still a bit iffy on whether or not she truly needed it for a trip to Canada, but she bought it in hopes that before it expired she could travel down to Mexico to get some authentic lucha libre training, and she might as well potentially get some use out of it now. She tucked that and some travel money away in a spare duffel bag, along with the outfit she knew would serve as her wrestling attire, knowing exactly how she was going to welcome in the new year.

She’d make a note to apologize to Aaron and Liane later after winning the invitational if she had to overcome the former to pull it off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys might have to forgive me on this. I originally planned on doing some kind of video to help demonstrate who I am and what you can expect from me, but I don’t exactly have the time to do that right now, so this audio recording will have to do. I guess that’s what I get for making last minute travel plans around the holidays, am I right? Yeah, this whole thing’s kind of a ‘spur of the moment’ decision, but I don’t regret it one bit.

How can I when I’m about to get my first taste of pro wrestling action?

I’m sure my voice sounds familiar to at least one of you, and that’s where I’ll say hello to my older sister Liane. That’s right, I said sister, as in I happen to come from the Forte family just like she does. Hope you’re doing well sis, and I do have to say you did a pretty rad job for your first wrestling match. Granted, I haven’t actually wrestled professionally at all yet myself or gone through any sort of formal training, but the big difference between Liane and I is that wrestling falls right into where my passion lies, so in addition to some high school and even a bit of collegiate wrestling I’ve also been watching and practicing what I see for a very long time… by the way, sorry for the camel clutch I kind of put you in the last time we actually saw one another Liane.

My name’s Lane Forte, and sports are basically a way of life for me. I’ve been lifting weights and trying to get ripped from a young age because I wanted any FAIR edge I could get over everyone else. Trust me when I say that people trying to skirt the rules is a big pet peeve of mine, because if you aren’t doing any sport the way it’s intended then what the heck are you even here for? Anyways, around where our family grew up I’ve kind of become something of a sports legend. Kind of happens when you don’t have a problem with kicking the door in on all that ‘gender-exclusive’ nonsense people get way too political over because you’re there to prove you’re the best. You name a sport, no matter where in the world it comes from, and not only do I know about it, I can probably beat you at it without breaking a sweat. Yeah, maybe that’s a little bold to say, but I’ve always subscribed to the idea that if I practice every chance I get no matter what the sport in question is, I’ll always be the best, and we can all agree that being the best is pretty sweet, am I right?

So what brings me to SCW, you ask? Well, I might as well be a bit truthful here since I know if Liane’s watching she’d prefer to not have to try and dig through to figure out what she probably already knows a bit. You all saw on the last Breakdown that she basically had her wrestling debut alongside her boyfriend against the team known as the Red Empire. Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud of my sister for stepping out of her comfort zone and proving she can kick some ass, but I also can’t deny that I might be a little bit jealous. I mean, wanting to be a wrestler is just one of the many sports I want to be involved with and dominate, and she kind of beat me to the punch at my own game even if she didn’t really seem like she had much of a choice. If I can’t say I’m the first Forte to compete in the ring, then I guess the next best thing is try and prove that I’m the best Forte to compete in the ring. Yeah, I know I said I don’t have any actual formal training yet, but that’ll come, and it doesn’t take away from the fact that I’ve still been practicing a lot over the years, which has to count for something, right?

Besides, there’s a little bit of sisterly instinct at work here too. I know Liane and her boyfriend kind of put things to rest on that last Breakdown, but now that I see this Scarlet chick’s throwing her name into this big invitational match SCW does every year? Part of me feels like I owe her a couple of bruises at the very least for what she put my sister through, especially since I don’t think she’s the kind of person that’s just going to accept this is over that easily. Consider it my personal mission to make absolutely sure she knows before we hit the new year that she’s done messing with my sister, and since I don’t plan on this being the last time you guys see in in a ring, SCW or otherwise, I want her to walk away from this match remembering that if she tries anything again, there’s nothing stopping me from coming back to give her a reminder that sometimes, messing with one person means you’re messing with far more than you realized.

Also, to Liane’s boyfriend Aaron… I don’t know if you’re planning on throwing down in this invitational thing, but if you are I hope you won’t hold it against me when I win. I know, you’ve got the training and all that, but if there’s one thing that defines me it’s that I’m a natural born winner, and I will find some way to fight past you if you’re in along with everybody else in order to stand at the top. It’s not about the prize to me, but I’ll gladly take being called number one. Sorry, but it’s kind of how I roll, and when I get on a roll there is no stopping the Lanesanity that’s going to blitz right past you all. That said, I guess I’ll see you guys on New Year’s Eve, huh? And bring your A-games, because I plan on bringing mine and then some.
[Image: yC0vuyj.png]

Messages In This Thread
End of the Year Open Invitational - by supremecw - 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by TSC - 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Kiken'na - 12-27-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Owen - 12-29-2018, 02:26 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: End of the Year Open Invitational - by Ruppy - 12-29-2018, 05:43 PM