End of Season - Please ALL read
OK with the final show of 2018 in the books (and what a show it was), I just wanted to say thanks you for making EMERGE the fun ride it’s been this year. I know a few people scowled at the format when I announced it, some were even confused (Kris), but I think it works, for both you as rpers and me as the fed head, as it isn’t too taxing for either. A lot of storylines have come from you guys and your segments, and hopefully next year we can build on that, either way it’s been a good first year, and I hope the next is even better.

So before I wish you all a Merry Christmas and all that jazz (even though we are still all roleplaying in SCW lol) I just wanted to bring to your attention a few things, dates etc going forwards into the next year.

First of all, over the next few hours a thread will go up, in that thread I need anyone who is going to be a part of EMERGE, both existing and new, to let me know their intentions re characters for 2019. Obviously I don’t need to know details, but I do need to know for the first card who is going to be around. That thread will close on December 31st 2018 at 2359 EST and whoever hasn’t answered will not be on that first card. If you are new, and you are bringing in a new character and want it to be a surprise, just put ‘new character’ and then pm me the details separately. The first show will ‘probably’ be the 14th of January so will just be two weeks to rp, but it may be the 21st not sure yet. I’d love to see some new folks join the current crop, so give it a go peoples.

Secondly, I have done away with the idea of the bi-weekly schedule as I’m afraid looking at things realistically, I don’t think I’d be able to cope with everything else I’ll have going on. So it will stay as a show every three weeks. I know this might be a disappointment to some, but it is the only way I can guarantee the shows future. With my r/l wedding in 2020 that’s going to dominate my life, plus work will be changing too… so therefore it’s going to be much more difficult to write.

However, thirdly… I know people find it difficult to push their story along and bi-weekly would have helped. So therefore as of 2019, the word limit will increase to 3250 words. Now, I don’t want people to see that as a target, and I categorically guarantee the only reason I check is to make sure people haven’t gone significantly over. There is no fancy pants scoring system in place, it’s do I like it, or not, so how many words you write doesn’t matter if I was entertained. The shoot / segment portion will stay at 750 words however, and as usual will be used in the show. I do again want to stress the importance of that 750 part, because on more than one occasion now it has changed the result, so please continue being creative with it.

Fourth and finally, I want to take this opportunity to ask you, the guys that make this work, if there is anything I could do to make EMERGE even better. Hopefully you all know by now I’m pretty open to ideas etc, and anything that makes it even more fun would be welcomed. No Josh… not that… never again.

And really finally, thanks to everyone and the EMERGE part of SCW is now officially closed till the 1st of January 2019 when it all starts again. If I don’t get the chance to say it personally, or in discord, wherever, stay safe, have a good Christmas and a fantastic new year

Chris