Alistaire Allocco vs. Donovan Kayl
Alistaire Allocco vs. Donovan Kayl

Alistaire Allocco wants to compete fairly. He’ll go up against one of the most experienced grapplers on SCW’s roster, but also someone who has placed themselves against Dark Fantasy. Glory Braddock we’re sure will be watching this one as Kayl and Allocco clash on the first Breakdown of 2019.

Singles: 2 RP Limit; 2 RP Limit for Tag Team Matches
Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, January 8, 2019
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]
https://scwglorious.wordpress.com/2019/0...-all-hope/

BACK TO BASICS

The scene opens up inside the empty Youth of a Nation Wrestling Academy in Baltimore, Maryland. Donovan Kayl can be seen sitting in the middle of his ring, looking around at the lights he had hanging from the rafters above. In recent months, he had been working on renovating the gym into more than just a training center. In order to give his pupils better preparation for the industry, he had decided to set the ring area up as though it was going to be used for wrestling shows. One thing led to another, and now a small YoaN Academy show was actually set to take place, featuring trainees of the Academy and a few guests looking for exposure or the ability to fine-tune their skills booked in matches designed to simulate what they’ll experience in earnest on the big scene.

Donovan sits in the ring, aware of the camera's presence, though he does not look into the lens, choosing instead to continue gazing upon his surroundings as he speaks... 

“In 2010, I took over the SWA’s Shootcamp. It was my first foray into wrestling training, and provided me an opportunity to set wrestlers against each other, to give them real experience before jumping into the fire of the Academy, Territorial, Regional, and finally National scenes in the Alliance system. I had a hand in building up many wrestlers who would go on and do great things. I did great things. It seems in 2019, doing great things for Donovan Kayl is exclusively encompassed by what my trainees have done.”

He snickers.

“After escaping Silas Mason, Sienna Swann was brought to me to fine tune, to work some of the Silas tendencies out of her and replacing it with solid foundation. She’s World Champion today… the “Iron Angel”, and while I don’t necessarily agree with all of her presentations, she certainly retained the foundation of what she was taught. My hand in training my sister-in-law, Kennedy Street, is well-publicized. At Taking Hold of the Flame, that teacher became the student, and Kennedy truly bested me. There’s nothing more to say about that… except that, in 2019, it now appears as though the end of my career is on the horizon.”

Donovan smiles bitterly, looking around the ring.

“Look, don’t be upset for me. I’ve had a 23-year career… almost 24… where I’ve got to see the world. I’ve got to compete on every continent as well as international waters. I’ve fallen in love and out of love. I met the love of my life and, after seven years of pussyfooting around it, got married. I had three beautiful children who I would die for if it was necessary. This… this changed me. God, did it change me. The industry has been everything I needed and everything I needed to get away from at the same time. It’s hard to put it into words. I’ve been given so much by this business that it’s really kind of time that I give back to it. And I feel like I’m doing exactly that. But there’s still this nagging in the back of my head that tells me I have unfinished business in SCW.”

Donovan shakes his head, almost as though he doesn’t know what the unfinished business entails, but knowing that it’s there.

“Last month on the pay per view, I let my family down. I don’t only mean that by what happened in the ring, but in my actions around keeping Regan off the team. It was the wrong call to make, and I made it anyway. I don’t regret the reasons why I made that call at the time. How was I to know with absolute certainty whether or not Regan was going to side with us or with her previous PPF grouping. After January of last year, when I stood across the ring from her in the Trios Tournament… there was nothing I could be absolutely certain of. I let that doubt cost our team that match. Trinity and Kennedy got a measure of revenge by defeating Twin Magic at the End of Year show, but that doesn’t absolve me of my sins. Maybe that’s what draws me back. Maybe I seek absolution. Maybe I seek a tiny bit of redemption, and will stop at nothing until I get it. Maybe I’m just a stubborn old fool looking to take a hold of something that passed me by three years ago.”

He shrugs.

“Who knows? All I know for sure is that I have unfinished business. And Alistaire Allocco stands in the way of me and that business. And so I’ll face him in the ring. I’ll aim to show that I still have what it takes. And, failing that, I always have this…”

He stretches his arms out, displaying his gym.

“Alistaire, you want to judge people for what you perceive are their sins… I don’t need another judge. My harshest critic resides up here…”

Donovan taps the side of his head.

“There is legitimately nothing you can say to me… no judgement you can pass… that is crueller than what I’ve already imagined for myself. So go ahead, Alistaire. Do your worst. Pass your judgement. Blame me for what you perceive my crimes to be. Kick my head square from my shoulders if that makes you feel better. Because in the end, I’ve dealt with people like you before. The talkers. The judges. That’s all it is. Boisterous talk. Self-aggrandizing words that don’t translate inside the ring. If you need to beat me to feel like you’ve done something in the industry… that you’ve built a minute legacy in the business… I’ll warn you now from experience: That high fades. Those steps… everything you accomplish… the shine from that will lose its luster. And if that’s all you focus on, then you’ll be awfully miserable when it’s lost. Take it from someone who had been there. Your road leads to misery. Your road leads to loneliness. Your road leads to a dependence on this. My road… it may end soon, but it ends with people who care about me, who love me, at the end of it. I hope you find something beyond the business to pull you out when the time comes. I really, truly do.”

With that, Donovan lays back in the ring, looking up at the lights as he does. The scene fades to black.