Abigail Lindsay vs. Christy Matthews
Winner to face Ravyn Taylor on next Breakdown

3 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Saturday, January 19, 2019
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
[Image: 37bd6e2746389ad396e1fc5d3d1cebe4.jpg]

{So this is it. Beat Christy. Meet Ravyn in the ring. Sounds simple.

Nothing in life is ever that easy.

For starters. What if Katya’s chosen beat Sasha’s chosen? There is a real possibility that Ravyn would use her powers of persuasion to nudge Katya into changing the match. What if I do win? Will Ravyn pull the same stunt that delayed Regan’s rage a few more weeks? I should be excited about beating Christy. Getting my hands on Ravyn Taylor. Finding out in a one on one battle whether I can match wits with her.

Nothing in life is ever that simple.

A million scenarios float in my head. None of them are good. All leading to Ravyn delaying our chance meeting one way or another. I can’t allow my mind to linger. Not yet. Beating Christy is step one. Step two... I’ll figure that out later.

The audience doesn’t have to worry about me sitting on a toilet. The library was kind enough to allow me to film my video in here. After hours, of course. I’d never disrespect a library.

Standing with my back leaning against one of the bookshelves, I nod to the cameraman to hit the record button.}

[REC]

Abigail: “Were you expecting Abigail Lindsay lounging in a bathtub full of bubbles to grace your television screen? The thought did cross my mind. My toilet promo was all the rage on Twitter. No hijinks today, no playing around. We have Kim Williams talking to a hamster for that. As you can see, no bathroom. No talking hamsters. No wild, eccentric side show. This is me, Abigail Lindsay. Learn to--”

{I stop myself from saying “learn to love it.” Imagine the flack I would get. Not that I care. With Aubrey Powers using that phrase to Bree using that phrase, the less annoying route to take is stop myself. Wink for the camera. Continue on with my train of thought, wherever it leads.}

Abigail: “Anyway. Between you and me (and the world) our little dance tomorrow night feels like high school. You remember high school? I do. I was the smartest woman in class. No shock there. I was the talk of the town. Again, no shock there. Remember there was that ONE girl, she struts down the hall, all the boys stand to the side giving the Goddess as much room as possible to saunter her way to the next class. She knows everyone's eyes are on her. Like the cool customer she is, she pays all the little people no mind. Part of her mystique. All the boys look at each other. Desperately they want her attention, all of them view her like Thor’s hammer, they need to prove they are worthy. Can’t blame the girl for loving the attention. Its predictable the boys puff there young adolescent chests out. Can you imagine all the ways they are fantasizing about taking home the prize?”

“High school. Gotta love it.”

“The old adage is true, high school is a preview for the dark dark world we encounter in the future. Ravyn is the girl with all the sway. Me and you want a piece. Kim apparently does, too. Ravyn’s milkshake does bring all the girls to the yard. “This all began when Ravyn made a few threats towards Amy’s children. You took offense. Being the dark knight that you are, you dropped Ravyn’s head into the canvas for her crimes. Since that day, you have made it your mission to stand up to our favorite girl. For months, you have been itching for a one on one match you feel that you’re entitled to.”

“Does that sum everything up? Hope so. I’d hate to be wrong.”

“BUT before you storm down to the ring guns ablazing, aiming to do whatever it takes to get a match with Ravyn. Sit in your room. Look yourself in the mirror and think, seriously think, is getting your hands on Ravyn worth all the trouble?”

{From what I’ve learned about Christy, she is prideful. Pride can be helpful. In this scenario? Pride will prove to be Christy’s weakness. ]

Abigail: “Ravyn is the type of girl who will deal with any possible threats to her existence with extreme prejudice. Her relationship with other people's kids is legendary. You’ve been around SCW longer than me. Not only that, you’ve been in Ravyn’s life as long as Syren has. Do I really need to repeat the tales of how Ravyn loves to sneak into the homes of other people's children to pay them a visit. Imagine a scenario if you win this match. You instantly become a threat. Since it is well known you launched your Ravyn crusade due to comments she made about Amy's kids, do you fully expect Ravyn not to use your own kid as a prop to drive it into your stubborn skull that you are not mentally in her league?”

“She knows your history. She knows the way you think. How you’ll behave. What your next move is? She may give off the appearance she isn’t worried about you, Christy, we both know better than that. Ravyn always has a plan. Based on the years she has been in your professional and personal life, the book of Christy Matthews, in her mind, has already been written. Plus, you are fully aware of the damage Ravyn can do. Being an avenging mother may be cool. To the outside world, trying to hurt Ravyn may feel like the right thing to do, in the long run, it isn’t. Cause and effect. How much damage will going after Ravyn truly cause? One can make the argument, professionally, it already has. You used to be a World Champion. You were the woman who owned Selena Frost. Now? This obsession with Ravyn over one comment has put your career in stasis. On the eve of our match Christy, ask yourself, for the first and only time since this saga began...”

“Who do you think needs you more? Supreme Championship Wrestling, or your daughter?”

{I pause allowing the question to linger. The answer is obvious. Her daughter. Part of me is expecting Christy to go the I need to be a role model for my daughter, feel the need to stand up for what I believe rhetoric.  Protecting your kids from a woman she describes as a monster is not worthy of shame. If Christy is the monster she claims to be, she’ll listen to what I have to say.}

Abigail: “Ravyn can make your entire existence miserable if she really wants to. You should know that better than anyone. So why put your own daughter at risk? Why flaunt a weakness in Ravyn’s eyes for her to latch on to? Sure, you could beat me, Christy. Wouldn't shock no one. Your accolades speak for themselves. Every action has a consequence. Nature of life. And I’m telling you now Christy, this road that you’re on with everything you have to lose. The horrors you could risk your daughter to from Ravyn IF you beat me? Your best bet Christy is to allow me to have my fun. Walk away. Leave Ravyn alone. You are risking so much. Allowing your emotions to lead you down this dark path for one match with a woman you describe as a monster?

“Not worth it, Christy.”

“Not.”

“Worth.”

“It.”

{I shake my head.}

Abigail: “Do the right thing, Christy. Let this go. Be the mother your daughter needs you to be, a healthy sound one who makes sound decisions. The best decision you can make right now is to give up on this obsession. Deep down, you know I’m right. But you won’t listen. Pride goeth before the fall. You are concerned about looking weak, you feel if you give up now the world will judge you? That your legacy will take a hit? Maybe you feel backing away ensures that Ravyn wins. No, this isn't’ about her. This is about you. This is about your well being. This is about being a mother first. This is about giving your pride and joy the life she deserves, one that doesn’t have you worrying every five seconds if Ravyn is lurking, preparing to strike. We both know she will. Do the right thing, Christy. Do the right thing, ten years from now, your kid will thank you for it.”

“Make the right choice or continue on this path of humiliation. I await what path you decide to take at Making Things Right. Ta-ta.    

{I nod to the cameraman to kill the feed. For the record, I expect Christy to fight. Me telling her all this is moreso for my own amusement. People are creatures of habit. She’ll fight. She’ll continue on this pattern. Then I’ll win.  Ravyn, see you soon, sweetie. We’re finally going to play.}