SPIRIT CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 WAY ELIMINATION
Jenni Helms © versus Ryan Singer versus Kelsai Adamson versus Gwen Blair

DEADLINE 1 - 3,500 WORD LIMIT 2359 EST 15TH MARCH 2019

DEADLINE 2 - 750 WORD LIMIT SHOOT / SEG 2359 EST 17 MARCH 2019

GOOD LUCK
***Backstage EMERGE 19 ***

And here I thought the rest of my night was going to be boring. I won my match against Carson, and only got partially smooshed. Thank the Goddess that I didn’t take that shot straight to my jaw, otherwise it might have been a very different story. It nearly was anyway when we were both down for the count, but I surprised everyone (and myself), with the pinfall. I sort of feel sorry for him, it was a heck of a match, but there can only be one winner. And right now I am not thinking about what this means for my future. Right now, I have to think about another future.

I’m glad that I’m fit, so that this hectic sprint down the corridors doesn’t steal the breath from my lungs and send spikes of pain shooting through me. I’m pretty sure I know where I can find Dad, and I have to get to him as soon as I can.

Thankfully the door is ajar as I approach, and try to kill my speed. I partially manage, and what I didn’t manage to bleed of is transferred to the door as I crash into it shoulder first, sending it flying wide and immediately making me the focus of all the eyes in the room.

Dad, Chris, Mark, Josh, Mordecai. No Lindsay. Shitshitshit.

I drag a breath into my heaving lungs, and try to compose myself so that my words come out cleanly.

“Lindsay. Where is she?”

“Out hunting down Bello,” Dad replies, rising to his feet. “What's wrong?”

There's no monitors here, nothing to fill them in on what I heard, what gave wings to my feet. 

“We need to find her. They announced the matches for Invasion. They're going for a revenge match, Mordecai against Lilith and Mya. Instead of Dante as a partner though, they've got Lindsay.”

“Sounds fun,” Chris notes.

I force my tongue to spit out the four words that brought on the panic. “Hell In A Cell.”

They're moving before I can even blink, Dad barking out orders that swirl around me in a flood of noise. I'm caught up in the rush, and go with the flow.

***Waverly Station, Edinburgh - Thursday 6th March ***

I don't quite know how to fill in the last few days. It's been a whole bundle of experiences and feelings all bottled up into a small packet.

I knew some of what Lindsay had been through. It was the whole reason that I had learned who my Dad really was, instead of the weasel that N-Mom described him as. That was what had given impetus to my feet, to find her before she found out about the match from someone else.

But I hadn't realised that it was that bad. I'd never seen her have a flashback before. I'd never seen that tight look on Dads face before.  And it hurt, to see her hurting. And it ached in both a good and bad way to watch as my family swarmed around her, knowing what to do while I stood on the sidelines.

But Lindsay is amazing. By the time we got to Edinburgh, she was acting like her usual self. She wasn't heading south with us though (understandable), but she was working on teaching Mordecai a few tricks for the match.

Note to self, might be wise to track down Bryant and beg on bended knee not to have to face Mordi any time soon. He'd probably not touch me on pain of Dad, but best to be prepared.

But Lindsay and Mordecai aren't the only ones with matches. I've got one to, and the benefit to this chaos is that I haven't been able to think myself into a frenzy. It's a big match considering everything, and I wonder if Kelsai is getting feeling any inch of what I'm feeling, sin e she came to EMERGE at the same time as I did. Probably not. That woman has her head screwed on right. Unlike me, who is still trying to figure my head out.

At least I should have loads of time to think on the train down. One of the reasons I wanted to take the train. The other being that fact that this way I get to see more of the country than I would from being above the clouds. I've got a few publicity things to do, plus I want to see the city, so I'm off early. Dad and Chris have GCW obligations (also investigating creepy blood letters), and Mordecai doesn't have much promotional stuff. Think someone in media is scared of him.

So I'm going solo.

Whoo!

It should take about five hours, and that's depending on whether or not things are running to time. And true to what seems to be British form, they're not. At least the train is in the station, and I've found my assigned seat. I get my headphones set up, my Kindle powered on, and wait.

It's only thirty minutes before the train starts to move, and we rattle out of Edinburgh, heading south. I lean back on the headrest and stare out of the window, looking at the scenery, but not really seeing it.

I was mostly over Chris hitting me with a metaphorical brick, but I was no closer to coming up with an answer to his question. I thought that I had known who I was. You’re you, right? And I knew that I wanted to try to be a role model for others who watched wrestling, as others had been my role model when growing up as a watcher of wrestling. I wanted to give back something to the industry that had given me so much. And I wanted to generally be a good person. 

But how does all that gel with my desire to keep my head down, learn the lay of the land and generally not get involved in anything that doesn’t exactly concern me. Case in point, Schmidt versus Bryant. Between me and me, I didn’t actually want either of them to win it. Schmidt seemed like he was only doing things for internet prestige points, and the chance to ogle women in skimpy outfits. And Bryant, he seemed to be doing it to just spoke Schmidt’s wheel and score more points. Couldn’t we have someone who actually wanted the best for EMERGE? Probably not. 

But what happened at the end....shouldn’t have. What Sundown did was reprehensible, but, I could quite easily see Mordecai doing the same thing. And it wasn’t as if Sundown hadn’t given fair warning that he could and would do something like that. He practically held up a sign.

But how can I be a good person, if I’m thinking thoughts like that?

Once again, trying to work out how I work is giving me a sore head, so I pop in my headphones, queue up something mindless and metal on Spotify, and delve into my Kindle. Maybe my subconscious would come up with an answer while I was away in other worlds. 

That’s the beauty of books, you can get well and truly lost in them. When I emerged from the chapter that I was reading, I’d been on the train for about an hour, and the digital boards were telling me that the next station was Alnmouth, and the train was already slowing to a halt. Curious, I peered out the window. There was only two passengers getting on, and one getting off, but that was probably for the best, since the train was still quite full. I suspected that most people would be here until we reached the next big city or they, like me, were in it till the end. 

Alnmouth looked like a sleepy little place, and I wondered what was beyond the station, up the hilly entrance. Probably the sea, close by, since we had travelled alongside it for most of the way so far, the glittering blue always being visible out of the corner of my eye. 

“Hey, mind if I sit here?” 

Or at least, that’s what I assumed that he was saying. I popped out one of my earbuds and looked up at him. He had been one of the guys on the platform, boarding.

The first thing that I noticed about him was his eyes. One eye blue, the other brown. He had one of those weird faces where he could be anywhere between twenty and forty years old. His hair was pale blond, and he was casually dressed.

His distinctive eyes followed the path of my earbud, and he looked sheepish.

“Mind if I sit here?” he repeated.

“Go on ahead,” I told him.

He swung his backpack up into the rack overhead, rummaged around for a moment, and then sat down with his own headphones and Kindle. He set them on his lap, and relaxed with a sigh.

“Thanks for not minding,” he said gratefully. “Not many seats left, and I really didn’t fancy standing all the way down to London.”

“Hard on the legs,” I agreed. 

“I should have pre-booked, but this was a bit of a last minute trip.”

The train jolted into motion again as we pulled out of the station. As we moved out of sight, I caught a glimpse of a man standing on the platform, having stepped out from behind the cover of a sign, watching the train as it pulled away. Weird, but anyway.

I could feel the crawling sensation of the guys eyes on me, and turned my head to catch him staring at me, his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration. Caught, he bit his lip.

“Well?” I asked him, arching my own brow.

“Sorry,” he apologised. “I just...look, this sounds like a line, but I swear I know you from somewhere.”

I knew that it had to happen, sort of. Again, it was one of those things that I had Imposter thoughts about.  To have it actually happen was strange though.

“You might,” I started, but he held up his hand.

“It’s not fair to you to have me asking your twenty questions, especially when you’re reading and stuff. Look, I’ll have a think and try and figure it out, and if I haven’t by Newcastle, I’ll ask. Okay?”

“Okay,” and wasn’t that nice of him? He popped his earbuds in, I retrieved mine, and we settled down into what felt like a companionable silence.

Out of the corner of my eye I did catch him taking sidelong looks at me as he tried to work out where he had seen me before. Thankfully he didn’t take out his phone and take a picture. I could put up with the sidelong looks.

Time passed again as I got lost in the music and in my story, until it registered with me that people were starting to stand up and move towards the doors. I checked the display board, and sure enough, Newcastle was looming. It looked like half the train was getting off here, but by the horde on the platform as we pulled up, nearly that number were about to get on again. 

Beside me, my seating partner set down his Kindle, and took out his headphones, a faint smile on his face. He turned to me, and I politely mimicked his actions, even as the doors slid open.

“So, at first I thought you might be someone I went to school with, but then I realised that your accent isn’t from around here. American, right?”

“Right,” I nod.

“So then I started to think of where I might have seen an American. Which is pretty much all the shows and films I watch. Getting warm?”

I nodded,  feeling a smile creeping across my face. 

“But,  you're not being swarmed by people so,  no offence,  you can't be that famous.”

“No offence taken,  you're right.” I tell him. 

“So I started to think about all the obscure things I watch. But that's where I hit a brick wall, I watch a lot of weird stuff.  And that's not counting the adverts.  So I know I've seen you, but nope, no idea where,” and he shrugs.  “Could you put me out of my misery?”

“I'm terribly impressed that you actually recognised me,” I tell him honestly.  “I've only been on screen a few times properly, although I'm flipping around in the intro. Gwen Blair, from EMERGE, the developmental arm of Supreme Championship Wrestling.”

He snaps his fingers and leans back in his seat. “That's it!”

He looks pleased to have been informed. The train, now it's loaded starts to pull out of the station. 

“So, you a fan of wrestling?” I ask him. No harm in continuing the conversation.

“On, and off,” he says. “On when uni is quiet, off when the essays are due. Reason I recognised you was because I binge watched the last three episodes of Season One, and all of Season Two in the past week.”

“Uni particularly tough?”

“Elective residencies,” he says, and rubs his face. “Hospital rotations. I had A and E,” he pauses, notes the look on my face, and elaborates. “Emergency Room to you.”

A doctor in training then, I assume. High flying.

“Sounds tough,”

“It was,” he admits. “But I felt like I really did some good there. Glad for the downtime though, holiday back at home. But, back to the grind tomorrow.”

We settle into what feels like an easy ebb and flow of conversation as the train races down towards London. He tells me about University and his course, and things to see and do in London. I tell him about Toronto, New York and wrestling. 

His name is Charles McIntyre, but he insists that I call him Charlie, or else. Or else what, I don't know, but I'm glad that very few people know what Gwen is short for, otherwise he'd be holding it over my head.

We've got enough in common that he's easy to chat too, and just enough differences to make things interesting. By the time our train pulls into the station, I feel like I've known him for a lot longer than a few hours.

Before we leave, him to his house and me to my hotel, we swap numbers. He seems like he could be a good friend. 

Once I'm safely in the hotel, I settle into my room with a takeaway and some trashy TV. I text all interested parties of my safe arrival, and relax.

London, here I am.

[REC]

I have to say, fair play to Carson, that was a totally awesome match, and I wish that we could have both won it. Also, you hit like I'd imagine a freight train would. But as I didn't end up smooshed into a paste on the mat, I'm happy. 

It just means that I now really need to start looking ahead and thinking about the next match. It's the Invasion Pay Per View in London, England, and I am really looking forward to getting to travel to another continent. I've traveled the US, and snuck into Canada, but Britain? Whole new thing.

Add to that a PPV.

Add to that a title match, and I'm buzzing like a bee with excitement and energy. This'll be my first PPV with EMERGE, and I can't wait. Of course, I don't want to make a complete and total ass of myself, but if I haven't messed up yet, then I probably won't on this big stage.

And I get to step in the ring with the Spirit Champion, Jennifer Helms, alongside Ryan Singer and Kelsai Adamson-Mason. Stacked match, right? And if I get the pin, I become Spirit Champion.

Very unfair to Jennifer though, since she doesn't have to be pinned to lose. That's what happened last time, till she reclaimed it. But I don't make the matches, I just turn up. 

Singer is the one she lost it too, if memory serves. So this is his rematch clause? Or are those not a thing? So confusing.

And then there's Kelsai. I have no idea how this woman does everything. Does she have a time machine, or is just very good at managing her time. She's wrestling over in GCW, here in EMERGE and she plays lingerie football, which quite frankly I'm afraid to Google.

I am going to learn so much just being in the ring with these three!

Of course, now it's time to put what feels like my arrogant hat on. I know I can hang with these three in the ring. I can manage to go against them, even if a four way is going to be interesting (and hoo boy, that thought feels dirty).

But, and it's a big but (cue the Kablam!?), can I raise myself to the level of these three and do more than just compete? Can I actually turn myself into a contender?

I could do with a time machine of my own to know the answer.

[/REC]
Good luck everyone

Click here
OOC: Read Regan Street & Chris Cannon’s RP’s from Retribution First, Thanks.

Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Jennifer Helms & The Beauty Factory Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: 1YTZqRM.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: MDfHaGx.png]

Glamorous Achievements:

- 1x EMERGE Champion
- 1x EMERGE Rush Champion
- 2x EMERGE Spirit Champion
-Finalist in the 2019 Ricky Octavius Memorial Tournament
-Defeated Sabrina Bello in her EMERGE Debut singles match at Invasion: Texas 2018

Singles Record - |W - 26 | L - 5 | D - 1 |
Overall Record - |W - 30 | L - 6 | D - 1 |

OOC: It's been a very rough go of it recently, but I wanted to post something, so here it is. Enjoy, and best of luck to all competitors.

Hello, Hello, Hello everyone!

So, I am super excited to be talking to all of you, not that this is unusual mind you, because I think when God thought to himself “If I could on person personify excited, who would I choose?” and there is no doubt in my mind that it would be me. I just can’t help it though, all of you fans are just so good to me that I love it whenever I get the opportunity to give back to all of you in some way.

Giving back is something that is not only very important and special to me, but something that I learned a great deal about since I talked to you the last time. That is because a made a very special new friend who is teaching what it means to have faith, determination, and resolve in the face of tremendous odds. Her name is Jessica, she is eight, and I was fortunate enough to meet her while Victor and I were walking backstage after the GCW Civil War event. She just looked so cute that I had to stop, but as I would soon find out the is much more than meets the eye with Jessica, because she has Medulloblastoma, the most common type of brain tumor for a child. Knowing what Jessica is up against has me on the verge of tears right now, but she is so incredible, always smiling, that it just never seems like she ever has a bad day even though I know that she is because everyone does. Jessica is funny, smart, and always encouraging to other people no matter what the situation might be, and all of this is despite the fact that she is the bravest person I know.

Personally, I have trouble saying the word cancer without breaking down to tears, so you can only imagine how I feel thinking about seeing or hearing the word childhood in front of it, I was just to broken up to think about it. That is another amazing thing about Jessica, (and let me tell you there are several) that little girl never gives up hope no matter what, and they I face opponents in the ring that people don’t think I should have any to face let alone defeat them? That is the way that Jessica chooses to fight cancer! It is truly inspirational how much faith that this little has given to me and I know that not only am I better off for having met her, but I know that Jessica and I are go to be close friends for years to come.

If you want to know what won’t be going on for years to come however, all you need to do is look at the active roster of the Buffalo Blizzard, you will notice my name Kelsai Adamson-Mason is no longer a part of it. The decision though I had input from Victor because he is my manager as well my husband, was in end my own, and I have to say that was unquestionably the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. No, I didn’t leave the Blizzard as many had speculated I was going to do after our rough season, because I would never do anything like that. I am always going to love and support both the Buffalo area and the Blizzard happily and proudly for the rest of my life, those girls after all are an extension of my family, and you don’t mess with my family.

So I didn’t make the decision to go to another, but instead as difficult as it was I decided that I was go to retire from my professional football career. I agonized over this decision for variety of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that at twenty one years old, I am not the normal age for retirement from anything. Add in the fact that last season I had made it all of the way to the pro bowl, and there is no doubt that in a perfectly world I would be playing professional football for a long time to come. This isn’t a perfect world however, and I could no longer wrestle in two promotions and be a professional football player without it possibly causing many difficult problems for my health. I love playing in the e-lfl, and I was honored to be a member of the Buffalo Blizzard but I was drinking so much coffee all the time to stay awake that eventually I was going end up in the hospital if I wasn’t careful. So at least I can say that in my finally season as a professional football that I was the leading receiver in my league, something that I doubt to many receivers can claim. Also, Victor and I have been discussing the fact that we might want to move to a different place to live, although nothing is official on that yet, so I will have to keep you up to date as things happen.

However, that does leave me a lot time to devote to what I really want to do with my career which is wrestle. As we all know the are two promotions I wrestle in currently GCW and Emerge, and to say that I am doing very well in both of them is definitely the understatement of the year. In GCW at the last Livewire event I won a match where I don’t even know I have won, only my boss Ms. Francis Taylor knows what I have won, and so far to this point, she is not saying. I am uber excited about what the possibilities could be and I will be ready when Ms. Taylor calls me into her office to tell me what I did win, as I am sure that it is going to me something really memorable.

Then in Emerge, I am doing even better, as when we have our next event all the way across the ocean in London, England Monday night, I will be competing in my first championship match, and it is fatal four way elimination match, for the Spirit Championship no less. Of course that means I will have face three other people, including my best friend Jenni Helms, the Spirit Champion.

We will just have to see how that goes. Until later remember, Kelsai loves all of you so very much!