ToXXin (C) versus Modern Marvels - EMERGE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
DEADLINE 1 - 3,500 WORD LIMIT 2359 EST 15TH MARCH 2019

DEADLINE 2 - 750 WORD LIMIT SHOOT / SEG 2359 EST 17 MARCH 2019

GOOD LUCK
THE ROAD TO LONDON

Alex: “I think from day one, there was never any other plan for the two of us. It was always going to be ‘Wrestler or Bust’.”

The scene opens up inside the front of a vehicle, being driven on the right-hand side of the car by Alex Marchetti. We can only reason, by this, that the current man behind the camera is his brother, Evan, the other half of the Modern Marvels tag team that is rolling into town for Invasion: London to challenge for the Tag Team Championships.

Evan: “Do you remember the night we met Thunder?”

Alex smiles, almost being brought back in time to childhood.

Alex: “What was it? 2005?”

Evan: “2006, actually.”

Alex: “Right. 2006. I was 11, you were 10.”

Evan: “Actually, I hadn’t turned 10 yet…”

Alex: “That’s right.”

Evan: “And Dad took us to that wrestling show in Los Angeles. I had no idea why we were going there when there were some really good shows in Vegas around the same time.”

Alex: “Well, it was simple. Tony Todd wasn’t wrestling in Las Vegas. He was wrestling in Los Angeles. It was a special occasion to see him wrestle at that point, since by then he either mainly ran the Thunderdome or was in the process of setting it up so didn’t get out quite as much… something like that. But that was where Dad wanted to go and brought us along for the ride. So, we got on the bus and took something like six hours driving from Vegas to LA for this show. Dad packed sandwiches and water for the ride so we’d eat and we had those old action figures to keep us busy on the ride. I mean think about it… six hours is a hell of a drive for two kids under 10, and he went through it like a champ.”

Evan can be heard laughing behind the camera.

Evan: “God, I can almost taste that bologna.”

Alex also laughs, keeping his eyes on the road before him.

Alex: “And after the show, the promotion put on this… well… this promotion… get your picture taken with Tony “Thunder” Todd inside the ring with his Championship.”

Evan: “I think that was the moment that we moved beyond “These guys are superheroes to look up to” to “We could actually be these superheroes ourselves one day”.”

Alex: “That was definitely it. That was the moment we stopped being just fans and started being followers and, in time, wrestlers ourselves. Just feeling the ring under our feet and climbing between the middle and bottom ropes to get into the ring… it felt right even back then.”

Evan presumably nods, as the camera trembles a bit more than it would during a standard car ride.

Evan: “It was. It’s just a shame we never actually got a chance to train at the Thunderdome. That would have been a cool experience.”

Alex: “Right, but instead, just think about the ramifications of what we’re driving towards at this Invasion. We’ve got a shot at the EMERGE Tag Team Championships, which we could have, in all likelihood, already won in DC had fortune been different.”

Evan: “And to get them, we have to go through Kaycee Caprice and Persephone… two women who were trained inside the Thunderdome.”

Alex: “Right. It’s kind of one of those “full circle” things. Our careers were essentially seeded at the hand and picture with Tony Todd, and their careers were moulded by him.”

Evan: “Do you believe in coincidences?”

Alex: “Not a Goddamn chance.”

Evan: “It’s kind of funny when you think about it. Their first win in EMERGE was for the Championships. Before that there was the match against us that was thrown out, and Invasion Washington where Dillinger and Wilkes won.”

Alex: “Yeah, sometimes that’s the hand fate deals you. But we had a hell of a night in Washington, beating three other tandems in the steel cage match. Many think that’s where we earned this match. Whether it is or not doesn’t matter though. We wanted a shot. From day one when it was Serotonin on top and untouchable, we’ve wanted this shot. Invasion is going to be put up or shut up for us.”

Evan: “Put up… that’s what we’re going to do. We’ve worked too hard for too long…”

Alex: “Like 5 years.”

Evan: “Yeah. Too long to come up short now. Full circle… it started in a ring with Tony Todd, and if things go our way, we take gold from two of his students.”

Alex: “Easier said than done…”

The brothers continue to drive off into the distance, bringing the scene to black.