Tyler Jackson versus Sundown
DEADLINE 1 - 3,500 WORD LIMIT 2359 EST 15TH MARCH 2019

DEADLINE 2 - 750 WORD LIMIT SHOOT / SEG 2359 EST 17 MARCH 2019

GOOD LUCK
[Camera pans open.]

[Outside Buckingham Palace, at nighttime, Tyler Jackson is seen walking around. Sporting a beige peacoat with blue jeans, the young man looks around his surroundings.]

Tyler: Never been to London before. I've always seen pictures of this place. Seen movies. Heard people with the accent. I've always wanted to come and visit. You can check that off the bucket list for me.

[Tyler turns his head and looks at the Palace again before turning back around.]

Tyler: I want to enjoy it. I want to. I want to enjoy this. But. You all knew a but was coming. Last time I was in the ring,, I was fighting for Team Drew Bryant. I wanted him to become the new Gm of this place. Especially considering the alternative is a pervert. Dex Schdmit is a lot of things and the main thing is a predator.

And we won the match. I was the first eliminated, which wasn't great. But my team won. That's all that matters to me. We won and Drew is the man in charge. A man who knows a few things about running a company, despite his flaws and his past. So everything's good right? Everything should be good. Dex lost. And he's out of here.

And he got what was coming to him too.

He got taken out to end the show and we all went home happy. That's what you would think if you heard the news out of context. We all would be throwing a big party. Some of you did. And I may have too. It's just, the person that did it, Sundown..not only did he..

[Tyler swallows his spit a bit.]

Tyler; Not only did he take Dex out. He injured his spine. He almost killed De. Again, for everything that Dex has done, normally I wouldn't be too upset. Granted, no one should ever have to deal with a spine injury. With that said, Dex isn't a normal man. But as I saw Sundown tear that man apart, limn for limb, piece by piece..

[Tyler starts to slowly pace back and forth. He exhales.]

Tyler: For me, I was looking at the man I'm going to see across the ring from me at Invasion. See, it's one thing to be in the crowd and be appalled or even afraid of seeing a real life monster come to life. It's another thing to realize you're the next thing in that monster's way. And so as I'm watching Dex get destroyed, I'm picturing myself in that position.

What if that happens to me?

What if at the end of our match, I'm the one getting stretchered?

[Tyler runs a hand through his face.]

Tyler: Sundown doesn't run alone. His roots run deep in this business and everyone associated with him; Rachel Tatum Lee, Minerva, you're talking about some of the most ruthless, heartless people walking on Earth. They don't care who they hurt or how badly they do it. They don't care if their victims scream. They don't care if they end up paralyzed. They. Just. Want. To Maim.

Sundown, i watched you almost kill a man. Literally. Dex is not a wrestler like I am. But he's a man. He's a person and you had no regard for his life. And I know that same feeling goes for me as well. I know your family is watching. Tombstone protects their own. So whether or not I want to be involved or not, come Invasion, I could potentially be set up. I could be sacrificed. And so this match, it's more than just a match.

[Tyler looks at the camera.]

Tyler: My career could be on the line.

[Tyler looks down at the ground before exhaling.]

Tyler: My life could be on the line. And that gives me a lot of perspective. It's made me think about my family. My brothers and sisters. My sister Saddie, who's still injured. Who still can't train on her ankle. It puts a lot into perspective for me knowing that you are a real monster come to life, Sundown.

Some people would look at this as an opportunity to springboard myself into another SPIRIT Championship shot. But you and I know, Sundown, this isn't about championships. I'm not worried about titles or being the next contender or any of that. I'm not looking ahead. I can't look ahead. You are the reason why I can't. Because there may not be anything ahead if I'm not careful.

[Tyler places his hands inside his pockets.]

tyer: So I only have two options. I could run. I could forfeit this match. Save myself from harm or getting hurt or making my parents worried about me. I could live to fight another day.

[Tyler pauses.]

Tyler: Or.

Or.

[Tyler takes a deep breath.]

Tyler: I can walk up to that monster, I can walk up to you and I swing for the fences, holding I land something. If there's one thing that got me this contract, this opportunity, the opportunity to even be wrestling in fucking London of all places, it's with my fist. There's nothing fancy to what I do. I stand up, I look the other guy in the ear and I slug it out.

Sundown, as much as I know what's ahead for me at Invasion, the only way is forward. I can't coward. I can't hide. I can't run. I have to stand up to you and fight. And I know you're going to hurt me. I know you're going to cause pain. I know, there's a chance, something really bad is going to happen. But I'm not going into that ring looking just to survive.

I'm looking to be the last one standing.

[Tyler looks at the sky.]

Tyler: As God is my witness. Sundown, there's no other way. If intimidation was your goal, you got it. I've never felt this nervous before a match in my life. But you're not going to be in my head when the bell rings. When the bell rings, all that stuff I talked about goes out the window. The other day you called me a boy living in a man's body. I found that to be interesting. that you view me as a boy.

The only thing I can say to that is does as you wish.

Think whatever you want of me. Because my goal is, when I hit you, square?

[Tyler eyes the camera.]

Tyler: I doubt you'll have that same opinion. And then it'll be on. At Invasion, I'll be there. And you are my target. I may not get all my shots in. But I promise to my family, to my friends, my fans, to EMERGE, that I will walk out of that ring on my own power. Win, lose or draw. I will walk out. I won't be taken out. I will finish.

Sundown, like I said, it's on.

Bring everything you have, Because, for sure, you will
OOC: Shorter RP by about a 1K of the normal length, still liked what I put up, been a long week. Thanks.

Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Sundown & Tombstone Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: sundownsplsh.png]

(Click Title)

[Image: sundown_zps9pquj1n4.png]