Tombstone versus Modern Marvels & Brody / Beard
DEADLINE ONE - 1x 3,250 word RP 26th April 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 1X 750 word shoot / segment 28th April 2019 2359 EST
John Goddard, he had returned to Tombstone and did so because of a situation that had arisen due to Sundown. Recently he had found himself out of sorts and wandered upon a situation between some of the locals and a young woman, a woman they had drugged and planned to take advantage of. Now Sundown being the bringer of Wrath for John took it upon himself to help her, it was the right thing to do and John Goddard knew this, but when he found out who the woman was, it was a different story entirely…

Eli knew this all too well, he could sense that the revelation troubled his father and wasn’t sure how to proceed with things. A lot had changed since the Goddards took their leave from Tombstone to begin their war on the world. In SCW it didn’t go as John Goddard had liked, the distractions he was going through wasn’t helping any and they didn’t seem likely to get any better anytime soon. Eli was walking through the compound; Sawyer was following trying to keep up…

Sawyer: “Hey now where ya’ll going in such a rush?”

Eli: “Out.”

Sawyer: “Out? Where too!? Can I tag a long, things are getting weird here and Minnie is in a mood about something she won’t tell me what?”

Eli: “That’s probably for the best.”

Sawyer: “Hey! You realize I can handle a lot of shit. I’m not a dumb kid anymore.”

Eli stopped and looked back at his brother, who may not be truly blood, but he was a brother nonetheless, one in arms and the hunt.

Eli:” You’re right, you’re a dumb adult now.”

Sawyer: “Yeah… HEY!!”

Eli chuckled which got Sawyer riled up as he run over to leap onto his back, Eli threw him up and over into the dirt, the two men play fighting amongst themselves now each action getting a little more and more violent than the last. It would stop with them both putting a blade to the others throats and the bellow from their father, John Goddard who begun walking towards them.

John: “Stop it.”

Sawyer: “Aww c’mon pa, we’re just havin some fun.”

John: “I see that, but now is not a time for fun, Sawyer. Things are going on around here and I need you to focus because what happens out there, affects what happens here. I need you to understand this.”

John approached Sawyer who stepped away form Eli and places his hand on his shoulder… Sawyer looks away, but with his other hand John moves his adopted son’s gaze back towards his own.

Sawyer: “I’m sorry pa, I just want to belong… I know I say a lot of crazy shit when on that TV in EMERGE, but the last thing I want to do is cause trouble here in ol Tombstone. Minerva is already up in tizz about something, we got that screaming gorger up there in the house and I don’t even know who she is.”

John sighed looking back to Eli now who continued to walk away now, he wanted no part of that conversation for he knew who the woman was, as did Minerva but Sawyer would be the last to know…

John: “You want to know who she is, she is fate… You know that young woman I’ve been seen with up in that there SCW?”

Sawyer: “Uhh… the pretty one?”

John laughed a little, it didn’t shock him that was the first thing Sawyer would have noticed.

John: “Yes, the pretty one. Peyton Rice is her name, she’s a good soul, a pure soul… She reminds me of wife, Minnie, Eli and Viveca’s and your mother.”

Sawyer: “I don’t understand pa, what does it have to do with the pretty girl?”

John: “The one up on that hill, that is her sister. They are family, they are blood. She is a lost soul, one that needs to be found.”

Sawyer ponders for a moment before shrugging his shoulders…

Sawyer: “Okay… But what has that to do with our Minnie?”

John: “Minerva is upset because of my time with young Peyton Rice.  She doesn’t understand everything and why I am doing all of this. I am going to leave that task to you son.”

Sawyer looks away and shakes his head, he was good at hunting, killing and taking a good beating and dishing it out, that was about it.

Sawyer: “Aww, I don’t know pa, I think that would be more suited for Viv, or Eli or maybe Jasper…”

John nods agreeing with Sawyer, but he wanted him to do it for him. One day he may be needed to lead in Johns stead, and if that were to come he wanted him to be ready and this was but one of many tests he might have to endure.

John: “It needs to be you boy, you two have a bond, always have. She’ll listen to you. I’m asking you to do this for me because… I’ve invited Peyton here to the compound, I’m going to reunite her with her sister. So, I don’t want there to be any unwanted surprises from the family.”

Sawyer: “Ya’ll inviting a gorger here?” Are they joining us?”

John: “No, they are not. They aren’t cut out for this life; I wouldn’t wish it upon them.”

Sawyer: “So why then… Why would you?”

John: “They are good people and we always look out for those like that, you know the code.”

Sawyer grumbles to himself but nods, he agrees to talk to Minerva at some point about what was going on and how it was going to affect things. This was a lot of responsibility on him, and while he has done terrible things to people, bled them out and caused countless injuries, it was something like this John had asked of him that turned his stomach… From the distance we can see Eli watching, standing beside him was the oldest resident of Tombstone, Jasper Jones… He had his pipe in his mouth and a bottle of his moonshine in his pocket…

Jasper: “Whatcha up to boy? Spyin on your daddy?”

Eli: “And Sawyer.”

Jasper: “What they talking about?”

Eli: “The gorger up at the house I think, the one Wendell saved…”

Jasper: “Ah I see…”

He took a few hits form the pipe before offering it to Eli which he accepted, it was a pipe but not of tobacco…

Eli: “She shouldn’t be here, Jasper; it’s going to be trouble I know it. He should have sent her off with Austin.”

Jasper: “Maybe, but she was in no state and wouldn’t have made the trip otherwise. We did all we could and…”

Eli:” And now she is a prisoner of ours, is that it? It will bring unwanted attention to us; more gorgers keep trying their luck to get in these days. It’s getting to the point that I’m going to have to start removing limbs to deter these fucks.”

Jasper takes back the pipe and helps himself to a large hit of it.  He exhales and nods…

Jasper: “Does Wendell know? Does your daddy?”

Eli: “No… My pa has enough on his plate right now, this is something I’m going to deal with on my own. Maybe I’ll talk to Sawyer about it, but I don’t want to burden my father with this unless I must. So, don’t tell him, I know you two old fucks talk.”

The two shared a laugh with each other with Jasper slapping the chest of Eli.

Jasper: “No promises, that moonshine of mine tends to loosen lips. But I’ll do my best.”

Eli knew he was joking, Jasper had been drinking it for years, and had developed an immunity to the major ramifications of that alcohol. Eli patted Jasper on his shoulder and headed off towards his bike, it was one he had built with his father John. Eli looked back to see Jasper wave and he hit the ignition and sped off leaving the compound.

He had a location he wanted to go to, he was going to pay a visit to someone who he thought was behind the encroachment on the compound… There was an area outside of town but before the main road to Tombstone, Eli sped down this dirt track to a lodge that was taken over years ago.

Hundreds of folks littered this place, it was a haven unlike Tombstone you could say but with little law or order. Hell, even Austin did his best to steer clear of it, but this didn’t bother Eli in the slightest, he hoped those here would try something, but his reputation preceded him.

Walking though the doors to the lodge, women sat either side of a desk in the main room. A man sat in-between them both with another woman sat on his lap, he leans in his chair and smirks from behind his pale skin, his name was Dyavol, at least that is what people called him his real name was unknown to all around these parts.

Dyavol: “Well as I live and breathe, a visitor and not just anyone either… Eli Goddard! Tell me for what do I owe this pleasure?”

He grinned at Eli showing very little care for his actual presence. The sarcasm was there for all to see and hear, it even got a few laughs from those nearby…

Eli: “You know why. I’m here to tell you to stop what you’re doing. We won’t ask again.”

Dyavol: “Stop? Stop what exactly, you walk into my house, this sacred land and you have the audacity to make demands to me? Does your father know you’re here? He understands tradition, you need to learn about it.”

Suddenly everyone in the room stands up and hold some form of blade in their hand, they all look at Eli just waiting for the command it looks like. He begins to slide out his machete himself and…

Dyavol: “But that would be for another day, I’m not one to cause a war with your father over something so trivial. But I am curious as to what you think we have done here young one. Tell me.”

Eli: “There are gorgers trying to break into our compound.”

Dyavol: “And you think they are one of us? Dear Eli, if it were one of my children they would not be attempting to get in, that place you call home would be mine already along with everyone in it.”

He spoke to Eli with authority, he was one of the four that Eli knew about only from tales by Jasper. John Goddard was one, Dyavol was another. The other two remained a mystery to him, but if it was not Dyavol then it had to be one of the other two then…

Dyavol: “The look on your face tells me that you believe me, this is good because I really do not wish to get blood out of the floor this afternoon. Now go, leave here and if you come back, I will not be as forthcoming, do I make myself clear?”

Eli nods, he doesn’t even offer a verbal response. He turns to see everyone back up and allow him to exit, this was the power of one of the four possessed over others. He wasn’t mystical or anything like that, he just oozed leadership, his power was with words and his actions. He was one Eli respected in a lot of ways… and the reason why would be clear as Dyavol spoke to himself...

Dyavol: “It’s good seeing you again Eli, we miss you…”

To be continued…

=====================

Flames ignite as Sawyer stands over the open fire pouring gasoline on it haphazardly. He has a grin on his face as he begins to dance around the fire before finally putting the can down on the ground. Not the safest of places but then did any of the Goddard’s really care? No because their focus was their opponents heading into EMERGE. Eli And Sawyer Goddard stood along side Minerva and Sundown, all four members of Tombstone look at the camera’s lens. Minerva and Sundown would speak when they were good and ready. Eli however looked on from behind the flames, his half skull mask illuminated from the fire, his eyes looking almost demonic with the aid of the dancing flames themselves.

[Rec.]

Eli: “Our journey here so far in EMERGE has been one with many twists and turns. But they are the joys of a good hunt, it is always best when your prey leads you on a dance of sorts much akin to these flames, where the danger of being burned is very real. This is true especially in the hunt because sometimes the hunter has the opportunity to become the hunted. Eli and I know all about being both the hunter and hunted out in our world, in EMERGE it was very different… But it was exciting because you give us a glimpse into something special… You gave us a glimpse into the future. A future where we will be challenged on each of our hunts moving forward. This is a joyous occasion for Sawyer, for our sister, for Sundown and for me…”

We can only assume Eli is smirking from behind his mask, Sawyer is seen staring into he flames now almost hypnotically while Sundown and Minerva stand either side of them with their own glares towards the camera…

Eli: “But in doing so, by showing us this future you have created something new, and that is not something that will be good for any one of you four who stand opposite us on Monday night. For while you have two men with you Marvels, that will not be enough to protect you from what is coming. You are the Tag Team Champions of EMERGE, you are now the measuring stick which I am being told is the saying. When we look at you two, the stick falls very short of what I expect, we expect. But you two are just a couple of gorgers who got lucky.”

Eli chuckles to himself before patting Sawyer on the shoulder, he had been listening to everything even though he looked like he hadn’t been…

Sawyer: “Which is a beautiful thing… Luck but it tends to run out to the best of us, our luck run out you could say at the last emerge where Eli and I didn’t look tha good in all ya’ll eyes. Old Mordecai and Dante did a number on us, along with that witch Shadowcat. But she made a mistake, she laid a hand on our sister and while they can’t pay for that mistake, you four can and you will… You look at us like we’re freaks, but you have one us almost on your team. It’s a damn shame if you ask me, you seem like good people.”

Sawyer shrugs his shoulders.

Sawyer: “But it’s like what our pa says, we’re inevitable, we are here to lay waste to all of ya’ll who wish to bring your poison to our lands. Crimes have been committed here, there and everywhere and someone, one of ya’ll, all of ya’ll have to pay the ferryman on this here river styx... Ya’ll look us and see easy targets now, you look us like we’re weak but we’re not, we’re stronger now more than ever. We’re complete, we are Tombstone, we protect our own ya’ll more now than ever before because of what happened three weeks ago. You can thank Dante and Mordecai for what happens next.”

Sawyer looks to his sister who smiles, he looks to Sundown who simply nods his head. Eli rests a hand on his brothers’ shoulder and looks towards the camera.

Eli: “We understand the world will be watching and expecting great things from each of you. Beard you name carries weight around EMERGE, your time in SCW is the talk of EMERGE. You are a former champion on many occasions be it Tag team or TV. You bring with you your worthy accolades which makes you a worthy opponent, a prime hunt for us. Just like your partner Brody McCoy, you’re one of us, that alone tells us that you know how to fight. You understand how we think, and that makes you a threat. But it doesn’t have to be that way, this could be just a one off as far as I am concerned McCoy.”

Eli: “But I think we both know, we all know that you’re here for a fight, you’re here to kick some ass and drink your way from one pay check to the next. Well you and I will stand in that ring and I will give you the fight you’re looking for, I will make you bleed  whether it’s your own blood or the alcohol you live off, it won’t matter because no matter what you do it will not be enough to stop us. Three weeks ago a beast was awoken in each of us in Tombstone, you four will be the victims of this awakening.”

Eli looks to Sawyer who nods as does Minerva and Sundown…

Sawyer: “Victims of circumstances you are, you’re going to feel the wrath of Sundown! You’re going to be blessed by the acts of our beloved sister, Minerva. You’re going to suffer at the hands of our brother Eli who is not your friend or enemy… and me? Old Sawyer? Well shucks I’m going to have me some fuuuun! I’m going to look ya’ll take a pick and make one of you sueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like a pig, yeah that’ll be fun… REALLY Fun!”

Sawyer now grins from behind the flames, his half-painted face illuminating from the light. The stage was now set, the mindset of half of Tombstone has been spoken, it was now only a matter of time before the other half did the same.
[Image: DDSdCJQ.png?1]
OOC: JOINT RP for Sundown and Minerva.

The Views Expressed By Minerva and Sundown Is That of their Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: nRgrY7m.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: Minnie-EAW.gif]

Achievements:

-Coming Soon

Singles Record - | W - 45 | L - 09| D - 04|
Overall Record - | W - 58 | L -13| D - 06|