EMERGE / RUSH Championship Match - RUSH to be vacated
EMERGE / RUSH Championship Match - RUSH to be vacated

Willow Wilkes © versus Gavin Taylor

DEADLINE ONE - 1x 3,250 word RP 26th April 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 1X 750 word shoot / segment 28th April 2019 2359 EST
OOC Sorry for the lackadaisical effort this week. Wish I could have done better, but got flummoxed with a pretty brutal stomach flu. It may not have killed me, but my Championship aspirations may have been murdered by it. Good luck, O. You're always a tough challenge. Don't be letting my whining take away from that. 

“EMERGE 22 is scheduled to take place on April 29, 2019. When I walk to the ring on that day, set to challenge Willow Wilkes for the EMERGE Championship… well… let’s take a look at the numbers, shall we?

The RUSH Championship was first awarded on March 12, 2018 – 414 days before EMERGE 22.

I, Gavin Taylor, first won said Championship on May 14 – 351 days. So, for 351 days, I have been THE FACE of this Championship. For almost one full year, this Championship has been revolving around me, whether I was the man carrying it or chasing it.

Now it gets interesting… because we’re acknowledging that I have been the beating heart of the RUSH Division for over three-quarters of its existence, we have to look at my reigns. My first, May 14 until July 21, was a paltry 69 days. My second, my current, and the one that will come to an end when I walk to challenge for the EMERGE Championship on April 29, will have lasted since I reclaimed it on September 17… a record-setting 225 days. You want to add those reigns together, and you have an unprecedented 294 days of dominance! 294 days I have reigned as RUSH Champion. 294 days I have carried this company on my back. Contrast that to Peyton Rice’s EMERGE title run, from the time she won it to the time she vacated it – 253 days.

Over two reigns I have defined what it is to be a Champion in EMERGE. So, it only makes sense that I would be granted an opportunity at the top prize before I turn mine into the top prize. Because the numbers don’t lie, and the number say that for over half of the RUSH Championship’s existence, I have been the man! And now, I have the opportunity that I wanted… the opportunity I deserve. I get to challenge for the EMERGE Championship.

Pay attention, folks, because you are about to witness history!

I thought about this night for an awfully long time. And when I thought about it, I thought about how big the night is going to be. Gavin Taylor finally ascends to the top of the mountain, lifts his newly won Championship high above his head… pyro, streamers… shit, maybe the pyro will even set some of the streamers on fire briefly for the spectacle. I mean, I’m sure there’s professionals on standby to prevent any sort of blazing inferno scenario, right? But I thought about it… I thought about the celebration after the referee’s hand slaps the mat for the third and final time. I thought about the immediate aftermath. I thought about the media tours I would do after I won, about the ticker-tape parade I would have celebrating my coronation as Champion. I thought about the way my legacy would be validated by my clear and concise rise to the top. I thought about how that moment would set me up for life… how finally, after having the brass ring dangled just out of reach for so long, it would finally find its way into my hands, and become my property.

But then I thought… maybe I should think a little smaller. Look at this…”

Gavin produces a small medal.

“This is the very first wrestling Championship that Gavin Taylor ever won. I was five years old in the Upper Vancouver Kindergarten Wrestling Championships. And do you see that colour? Take a look…

It’s silver.

My first opportunity to become a wrestling champion and I took home silver.

“So WhY dO yOu KeEp ThE mEdAl ThEn, GaViN??” you ask in a whiny little bitch voice. But I will tell you why anyway because knowing why is important for the narrative. This medal, and the disappointment of not being the best has kept me motivated from that day when I was five fucking years old. It has kept me pushing myself, building myself to be the absolute best out there. But yeah… let’s keep it small time…

I was born and raised in a Vancouver, BC suburb. I didn’t get ahead on anything… anything… except my God-given talent. I fought. I scratched. I clawed. I earned everything along the way. And you’re Goddamn right I fought to keep what I earned while moving ahead. Perhaps that’s what hits me the most about this match with Willow Wilkes. It’s not about the EMERGE Championship itself, although it totally is. See, I came into EMERGE waaaaaaaay back in Season One and had to scratch and claw and earn my spot. And earn it I did… because I’m the All-Star! I watched Willow Wilkes walk in and become Tag Team Champion in what? Her first match? Maybe not, but it sure as fuck felt like it. Then, she gets a shot at the EMERGE Championship because she betrayed her partner, costing them those titles, and leeches onto his previously-earned title shot to decide the vacant title. Meanwhile, I’m doing Gavin Taylor things: Winning matches, defending the RUSH Championship, and being awesome.

You really can’t make any of this up, but Gavin Taylor… he’s not long for EMERGE. The RUSH Championship is what kept me around, and the EMERGE Championship is really the only thing left that I want. If I don’t have it? Maybe I move on. Maybe I move up to SCW where I belong and become THE MAN that everyone knows I am! So maybe that’s what this is. Maybe this is Drew Bryant deciding to cut my strings and let me fly to the top of the real mountain where I belong...

No…

You know what, Toronto? Plan the fucking parade, because THIS All-Star is planning on flying down Yonge Street as your NEW EMERGE WRESTLING CHAMPION!”
OOC: Good Luck G, Sorry to hear About Your Week.

Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Willow Wilkes & The Beauty Factory Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: Willow-Wilkesneondemonlogo.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: willow2019_zpsqjlkra2l.png]

Achievements:
-2x ULW World Champion
-1x ULW Tag Team Champion
-1x MCW/PWD Tag Team Champion
1x EMERGE World Champion
-1x EMERGE Tag Team Champion

Singles Record - | W - 45| L - 7| D - 2|
Overall Record - | W - 60| L - 10| D - 2|