Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
ORIGINS – EPISODE 5

Sure enough, as I walked out of the apartment and into the street, the guards that had been posted outside were nowhere to be seen. The car was still on point, but the men themselves had gone, just as Amberstone had promised. Surprisingly for a fugitive who had a Government agency after him, the address was only a few miles away (because otherwise the timeline wouldn’t make sense and this isn’t Endgame dammit), and as I walked up to some double steel gates, I couldn’t lie, the snake was poking its head out of the cage

…..

Really, you’ve never heard that saying before? I was shitting myself… geez keep up people. Anyway, I rattled the gates, the sound of steel piercing the night.

“Could you please step away from the gates Mr Cross?”

The voice startles me, and if I’m being honest here, it wouldn’t be any great surprise if a giant log had settled in my briefs. But I do as I’m told, because it didn’t look like I was going to get through them any other way. I’ve literally only just stepped back when I there is a click, and the gates swing open ominously, allowing me to step inside. Looking around, it looks like an old scrap yard, predominantly broken down cars. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to stay here, or go somewhere, and the wait starts to get awkward pretty quickly. Thankfully the voice breaks the silence again.

“Over to your right is two lines of cars, can you see them?”

Elijah: Yes

I didn’t know if he / they could hear me or not

“Good, make your way through the gap until you reach two large steel doors.”

He could hear me…

Now at this point, I’m not going to lie, well I might soon enough, but not at this point… I’d seen enough movies to suggest that I was just as likely to get anally abused as find two steel doors. But, I was desperate for answers right? And stepping towards the corridor of cars I was starting to realize exactly how ‘desperate’ I was for the truth. If you’ve been paying attention through this story, you’d know that I am firmly all about the Vagina, I have no desire for ye old Pork Sword. However, if a little bum sex was going to get me my answers, then so be it. It only hurts to begin with and he may have been kind and used lube. Anyway, the corridor of cars goes on for about 300 meters, until finally as promised I reach those very same doors, and with my anal virginity intact. (Shit, I admitted I’d done it earlier) Another click is followed by the doors sliding open, and an elevator revealing itself.

Elijah: What the hell is going on here?

No one answers, and staring into the elevator, its only intrigue that makes me step inside, that and this story would be pretty crap if I didn’t and went home. No sooner have I entered do the doors shut, the elevator starts to descend. Subconsciously I clench my perfectly formed buttocks together, steeling myself for whatever came next. The elevator stops, and the doors open to the darkest darkness I’d seen in my life. As I step out of the elevator, a single spotlight shines from the ceiling, and straight into my eyes.

“Mr Cross, can you please kneel, with your hands behind your head?”

Elijah: You’re shitting me right?

“Please Elijah.”

I assume the position, knowing that there were any amount of things that could escape from the darkness and that I would be powerless to stop them. After what seems like a lifetime the spotlight goes off, and the emergency lighting kicks in, bathing the area in a deep red. I see the little silhouetto of a man… scara… don’t do it Elijah.

“Excuse the theatrics Mr Cross, you never can be too careful.”

The area is then bathed in artificial light, and in front of my I see the guy from the TV, well he wasn’t actually on TV. It was Amberstone ok Christ.

Elijah: I was beginning to wonder what was going on.

Amberstone points to a computer terminal which is situated in front of four giant television screens, each flipping between images taken from within the compound. I recognize some of the areas, as I had been there just moments before.

Amberstone: The people watching you may have been taken care of, but I had to ensure that you were not followed.

Elijah: About them…

Amberstone holds up his hand

Amberstone: Not important Elijah, we should get down to business. You can bet G.U.A.R.D will not be stood around sucking their own dicks whilst we procrastinate.

Now, there were a few things wrong with that sentence. Firstly, I still hadn’t come up with what G.U.A.R.D stood for… and I know, it’s been nearly a year now. Secondly, I was become acutely aware that Amberstone had an obsession with dicks, not a big deal but something you might need to be aware of later. And thirdly, I had literally no clue what procrastinate meant. I’d google it later.

Elijah: Ok, so spill… why have I got all this going on?

Amberstone: Please Elijah, take a seat.

I take the swivel chair next to the terminal, and swing my legs round to face Amberstone

Elijah: Go…

Amberstone: To explain fully Elijah, I’m going to have to take you back twenty five years…

Fucking hell dude, I wanted answers not story hour.

Amberstone: When G.U.A.R.D was first put together in its original guise, it was indeed designed to protect Earth from ANY enemies, whether it be internal, or indeed extra-terrestrial. And for a good few years, it worked, until about five years ago when Halladay… I believe you’ve met?

I nod, yeah I’d had the pleasure of nearly throttling him.

Amberstone: Well, he became the Head of Operations, and instead of learning from our enemies, he set out to destroy them. Especially those with powers.

Elijah: OK, so hold on… where do you come in?

Amberstone: Well, before he took control, I was lead in a department that was trying to establish if you could in fact ‘create’ someone with superpowers. Halladay saw that as a threat by itself and shut us down, demoting me to the plastic surgery division, working with the clinic you registered with to cover up what we were doing. Only benefit being Charlotte and her Lavender Breasts

I remembered them well, seemed Amberstone had sampled them as well,but we had matters to deal with.

Elijah: I just wanted a scar removed???

Amberstone: We had to do ‘some’ legit work… but our main task was to change the appearance of anyone who was rehabilitated and would no longer commit crime and could therefore be released back into the population.

Elijah: But you used it as an opportunity to continue your work… and that’s where I came in?

Amberstone: Yes, but unfortunately Halladay got wise to my work… and here we now are. Both hunted by G.U.A.R.D (Which doesn’t stand for Gorillas under a ridiculous disguise but it really should), Halladay now wants to get rid of us both, but we can’t allow that. Literally, the fate of the world is at stake.

Now, I was properly confused… the world? He could see my confusion as well, though he probably just thought I was constipated or something.

Elijah: I don’t get it…

Amberstone: Because one day Elijah, an attempt WILL be made to invade Earth, and if Halladay has gotten rid of those which were created, or sent to protect us…

Elijah: We won’t stand a chance

Amberstone: Exactly.

Amberstone pours two glasses of whiskey and hands me one, as I think about what I had just been told. I’d always known I was on this planet for a good reason… saving it was as good a reason as any.

Elijah: Well, you certainly messed up creating me

Amberstone: How so?

Elijah: What’s the point of having a hero that is only useful if it’s in the midst of a storm? I don’t know about you bro, but if I’m planning an alien invasion, I’m doing it when the suns out you know? You could have at least made it so I can invoke lightening… like Thor.

Amberstone: Slight difficulty there, Thor is a God and born that way.

Alright Lady Gaga.

Elijah: OK, but that still doesn’t answer my question does it?

Amberstone: True, but that’s because you only have one piece of the puzzle. Is Thor as powerful without Storm breaker or Mjolnir?

I’m guessing there was that look of constipation again

Amberstone: Just follow me Elijah

I stand, as we walk into a side room, about twelve feet each way. In the middle of the room is what looks like a chamber.

Amberstone: As you are aware, the energy from lightening does indeed ‘charge’ you, but unfortunately that charge isn’t permanent. I’m afraid it does eventually run out, think of it as a battery, and not the longer lasting kinds. Whilst charged, you can as you have found fire lightening from your hands, you also have super strength and speed. The problem of course is its limitations…

He pulls the cover off the chamber, and reveals under a red and black suit, extremely figure hugging in all the right place AND it looked like it was my size. I look at him questionably…

Amberstone: This is the other half to the puzzle. I may seem reckless Elijah, and your first experimentation shows that perhaps I was, but I wasn’t going to just let you loose with this power, without knowing that you were worthy. I’m afraid with Halladay’s latest attempts on our lives, the situation is a lot graver than that and now I have to ‘take a punt’ on you.

I really thought he’d called me a cunt, but he presses a button, and a door slides open, Amberstone taking out the suit and holding it out to me so it’s soon forgotten

Amberstone: Try it on

He passes me the suit that is surprisingly light. I then step into it. As I do, the suit seems to compact, molding itself to my body. As it does, a wave flows through me, like the suit was being drawn to something

Amberstone: Can you feel that Elijah?

I nod, I can feel it alright, so much so I’d get an erection if the suit wasn’t so tight.

Amberstone: Now, you see the ceiling lights… hold out your hands

I gingerly lift my hands, bringing them up to the lights and almost immediately I feel the power surging through the suit and transferring itself to my veins. I can literally feel the electricity flowing through my body just like I had on that first night.

Amberstone: Now Elijah… release that power

I didn’t know where, or how… I wasn’t sure of anything right now except that it felt like that moment, just before climax. I thrust my hands in the direction of a pile of crates, the electricity surging out of my hands like a beam, and setting the crates on fire. Almost immediately Amberstone grabs a fire extinguisher, and puts out the flames, as I bring my hands up, looking at them in disbelief

Elijah: Whoa

Amberstone puts the extinguisher down after putting out the fire, turning back to Elijah

Amberstone: Whoa indeed, and that was from a low voltage light. Imagine the surge from an electricity pylon, or lightning bolts. With that suit, you can draw that power from literally anywhere, even out of the air. I can show you the power it possesses Elijah, it renders you pretty much indestructible… all you have to do is use it to help me bring down G.U.A.R.D.

Elijah: And I get to keep the suit?

Amberstone nods, as the surge slows down, but I am still aware it is there for me to draw on whenever I need it. It was a no brainer.

Elijah: I’m in…balls fucking deep.

Amberstone: Excellent… I need to do some further advancements on the suit. But we should be ready for a live test in three days or so.

Elijah: Live test?

Amberstone: You’ll understand… just be ready

Amberstone presses the middle of my chest, and the suit seems to deflate, allowing me to step out of it. Fact was, I couldn’t wait to step back into that son of a bitch, no matter what this ‘test’ entailed.

Elijah: Do I get a name?

Amberstone: Excuse me?

Elijah: A name… like Thor and shit.

Amberstone: You can call yourself whatever you like, as long as you get the job done.

Elijah: Lightening Man?

Amberstone: No… hell no.

Elijah: Flash?

Amberstone: Been done

I look at the smoking crates, which through the middle is burnt a circle, and then at the suit before looking back towards Amberstone with a grin on my face.

Elijah: Yeah… well in that case from now on you can call me ‘Zero’, like Ground Zero and shit

Amberstone: Zero huh? Well welcome aboard Zero.

Hearing it for the first time, it felt like I had found my purpose, and all I wanted to do was put the suit back on and get started. Little did I know, that it came a shit ton of man hours and responsibility. And suit or not, giving me responsibility had never been a good idea, and Amberstone and I were about to find out why.

THREE WEEKS LATER

Why didn’t I have a ‘Zerophone’ or a light that shined an image up into the sky when I was needed? I’d get Amberstone on that straight away, it didn’t seem that much to ask. No, I’d received a text, to tell me to be at a warehouse downtown where one of the local gangs was receiving delivery of a shipment of drugs. The plan was simple… harness the electricity, fry the fuck out of the drugs van, and then get out of dodge. But as anyone who watches Game of Thrones will attest to, plans never go to, well, plan. Dragon kebab anyone?

I’m getting ahead of myself… so I’d received a text from Amberstone… hold on a minute, how did he know this drugs deal was going down? Doesn’t matter, it’s can be an Avengers style plot hole. Right now I find myself perched behind a huge storage crate, watching the ‘action’ through the enhancement that had been built into the suit, a mask that now also covered my face, because that’s pretty useful when you don’t want people to know who you are.

Amusing myself with the ‘zoom’ facility, and zooming in and out on one of the guy’s ass cracks, I receive the fright of my life

“Be careful, that’s not a toy.”

Now be honest, you thought that was someone behind me right? Yeah well so did I.

“It’s me… Amberstone.”

You probably didn’t think it was Amberstone behind me, but I did. After a while though I figured out that Amberstone had also built something in said mask that allowed him to not only see what I was seeing, but also communicate with me. Pretty cool huh and not a rip off at all of any movie you may have seen.

“OK, just running some diagnostics… you’re good to go Elijah.”

Zero: Err, Excuse me?

“You’re powered up. Get out there and light it up.”

Zero: No, what’s my name?

You can’t tell, but knowing Amberstone, he was obviously rolling his eyes.

Amberstone: OK… you’re good to go Zero.

Zero: On it bro, like a car bonnet.

I step out from behind the crate, and walk towards the van, the four guys stood around all criminal like not noticing me. Once close enough, I stop and stand with my hands on my hips in my best superhero pose.

Zero: Good evening Citizens

“Really?”

I ignore Amberstone, and relish their look at they turn

Thug 1: Dude, Halloween was month ago

Thug 2: Seriously brah, that get up is wack

Rude. #jealousmuch

Zero: Step away from the truck and you will not be harmed.

“Technically it’s a van.”

Zero: Seriously, will you shut up already?

Thug 1: You dissing me bro?

Zero: No, I wasn’t saying it to you, I have this voice, in my head like.

Thug 3: You for reals?

Zero: Well, I could tell you the story, but needless to say I’m a superhero, and I need to stop those drugs on that truck from…

“Van!!”

Zero: Does it fucking matter Amberstone… Jesus Christ.

“And now you’ve said my name… awesome.”

Zero: Look, just step back. I’ll fire electricity from my hands, no one gets hurt, job done.

Thug 4: You talk too much…

He starts to step forwards, a pretty crude plank held in his hand. I knew Amberstone said I would be pretty much indestructible but I wasn’t going to take the chance. I lift my hands, and just like I had done before, bring forth the power surge… which like I said, was the plan. For the record… it didn’t happen

Zero: Amberstone?

“Concentrate… you’ve lost your emotional connection to the suit. Try again.”

No one said anything about an emotional connection, but I do try again, and again get nothing, and now all four thugs were advancing on me

“You’re overthinking it… harness the power Elijah.”

Zero: My fucking name is Z…

The crack of the wood doesn’t hurt, but the force does drop me to one knee. Another to the face sends me flying backwards and to the floor, which is when the boots start flying in. I cover up to avoid the shots, and then catch the glimmer of a street light on a blade.

“Elijah… concentrate.”

Yeah, concentrate with feet trying to break my ribs. The thug lifts the knife and brings it down, aiming for my chest. I didn’t know if it would pierce the suit, but I wasn’t going to find out.

“ELIJAH… CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!”

The light is blinding, as extreme power flows from the suit, throwing the Thugs through the air and landing over ten feet away. None of them move as I get to my feet, shaking my head

Zero: What the hell was that?

“I overrode the system and did it for you… neat huh?”

Before I can answer, I hear the waling of sirens, Amberstone does too apparently.

Amberstone: Get out of there, they will still be out cold when the police arrive.

Zero: But…

Amberstone: Next time Zero… come back to base.

If he’d called me Elijah, I would have told him to whistle, especially how this test somehow felt like a failure. Why couldn’t I get the link when I needed it, and why had Amberstone needed to bail me out? I hoped Amberstone had the answers.

ZERO HOUR
/RECORDING

“Ladies, Gentlemen and Children of the SCW… be fearful no longer. Your savior has arrived, and his name…is…ZERO!!!”

The empty space that the camera is focused on is filled by the muscular frame of Zero who steps into shot, smiling behind the mask… (You’re gonna have to take my word for that.) We are in a small room, a single window to our left. Outside the weather is calm, and there isn’t a single cloud in the sky.

“After my glorious resurrection was gratefully received by the citizens of EMERGE, it became clear that the problem had spread beyond my domain. I heard the words of Giovanni Aries, carried by the winds of hope and justice, and saw them falling on empty ears. I saw the carnage left behind by what he calls the Lizard King, and I realized that EMERGE was only a small part of the issue. That this ‘separation’ of the two cities would lead to a far bigger problem… a kingdom divided.

See, although EMERGE has become the breeding ground for filth, and corruption and is my true home. Right here in the SCW is where the real darkness resides. RIGHT HERE my good people is where I need to be in this moment, stood side by side with the one person who wants to bring in a bright future, and not burn your city and mine to the ground.

Look at it this way my friends, not all superheroes wear masks, and for the last two years Giovanni has been the superhero you have needed, taking the Flame last year,  only to be shunned by you all in favor of those that pull the wool over your eyes every…single…week. I have arrived, not only to help with the cleanup of your City, but to also make sure Giovanni’s word gets out there amongst the people, and isn’t stifled by those that don’t want you to know the truth… by doing whatever it takes to accomplish that.”

He now stands with his hands on his hips, in a classic superhero pose. I’m not saying that he has quite an impressive bulge in the crotchuler region, but it isn’t an accident that the camera seems focused on it for just long enough that it doesn’t get awkward.

“And citizens, it seems that I am in luck. As on the 2nd of June, all the enemies of SCW will convene in one place, all with one goal. To claim the legendary ‘Flame’ that gives them ultimate power, much like the fabled Infinity Stones. All believing that their inevitable victory will allow them to take over your city.”

He wags his finger at the camera

“Not on our watch friends… not on our watch. Only two people could possibly carry an object such as the Flame, two men that could wield such power effectively. One of them leads the Wonderland, and the other one? You’re looking at him. WE are the only ones that couldn’t be corrupted by its aura. WE are the only ones that wouldn’t be consumed by its power. WE can take hold of the Flame, and use it in the manner it was supposed to be, and for the reason it was created, not for manipulation, or greed, but for enlightenment.

To give people the chance to realize that they shouldn’t be afraid of what they believe to be different, just because there are others who shout louder. And to show that just because your name is Drachawych, or Street, or Lancaster, or indeed Swann, you have no more right to be heard than anyone else, no matter how much you squeal your innocence in the form of a ‘Tweet’. It is the citizens that should be allowed to decide, not the ego driven maniacs that preside over them by force feeding them a diet of lies and deceit.

And you see, this is why my experiences in EMERGE will hold me in good stead as I undertake this mission. Take my first opportunity for example, Ryan Singer… who waved the flag as the company man and was supposed to be the person that the ‘people’ could believe in, and yet his actions betrayed him. Is Selena Frost not exactly the same kind of person? Take Lilith Evans, who somehow managed to deceive the paymasters of EMERGE into believe they were of some worth. Are we not talking about the same situation with Casterillo? And what about Mark O’Brian, someone who craved for so long to step out of the shadow of his sibling, and yet failed every single time. Have I not just described ANY of the Streets, who will always be in Trinity’s shadow?”

He holds his stomach as he chuckles

“And the vane, full of himself, Jason Dillinger… who in the end was trying to persuade us that he was doing it all for the Citizens and that he wanted to be a better man for them. Is that not the rhetoric that we have to listen to from our ‘Champion’ Sienna Swann every single week? The Citizens actually being the last people that she thinks about. And her prettiness, I said prettiness and not pettiness even though I could have, in her mind allowing her to ‘lord’ it over you all.

But not me my friends, and not Giovanni. We see through the deception with clear eyes, and do not fall for the wiles of a temptress and matters of the flesh. I WILL eliminate those that live by a code of deceit and lies. WE will purge the SCW of its demons, and turn it AND EMERGE into the land of wonder it was always supposed to be. Without the anger and hatred that consumes it right now.”

He brings his right fist down into his left hand, squeezing.

“Enemies of SCW, listen up as I address you all. You may mock, and deride me as you did Giovanni, but I assure you that we will be the ones laughing in the end. You know not who I am, and I accept that. I know I have to prove myself to the Citizens of SCW, but I will do that by my actions. You know not what I am capable of, and the powers that I possess…”

He shrugs his shoulders and then brings his arms out, so he forms a crucifix shape. The lighting in the room starts to flicker, and in the distance the first rumblings of thunder are followed by a loud crack of lightening, and the eyes of his mask glow a light blue.

“…but at Taking Hold of the Flame, you are going to find out.”

He brings his arms forwards and holds them out in front of him, and then forms a diamond shape with his forefingers and thumbs.

“The Iron Dragon has arrived… the phenomenon is here.”

From the tip of his forefingers, to his thumb, lightening seems to strike between them, crackling intermittently.

“Sleep easy SCW… I got you.”

SCENE FADES

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Zero - 05-31-2019, 07:53 AM