Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
Patience Elizabeth Young, a name that many thought would be a household name by now is barely a whisper on the lips of wrestling fans these days. When the young Patience made her debut within SWC alongside Minka Pressler aka Crissy Gardner as one half of the tag team Bad Behavior she was destined for great things though so many people in the industry as she’s the daughter of Mike Young and the niece of Rick Young. While both men are infamous in their own regard very few can discredit what they have done in the business. So upon hearing that Patience was trained by both her father and uncle in their separate area of expertise in the ring. After not one, but three match of the year level matches with Alana Starr many felt that there was no ceiling as far as she was concerned. However, flash forward to present day that is hardly the case as Patience just suddenly disappeared from the world of professional wrestling.

Through sporadic and rare tweets on Twitter her fans would lean that she was involved in a car accident. She suffered a broken neck in the accident, but luckily it wasn’t severe enough to officially put an end to her wrestling career. It however, came at time when she was going through great emotional pain. She had just lost her infant son, Charlie, to S.I.D.S. caused by a defect that was missed in his lungs at the time of his birth. The thing that hit her the hardest about his death was that he passed away while she was wrestling against Alana Star in their final match against one another. That nearly have killed her to know that her son died and she wasn’t there for him.

It’s time a while, but she’s slowly forgiven herself with the help of her family, friends, and her husband. She’s accepted the fact that she wasn’t there for Charlie in his final moments, but she didn’t… that she couldn’t have known that he was going to pass away like that, because even the doctors missed the under laying cause that was the source of her grief. Even with her acceptance of the situation she couldn’t bring herself to get back into the ring, because it was still too painful for her to bare.

Her uncle, Rick, the great tactician that he was in the ring knew that Patience was going to be big deal in the business if she could only find her way back to it. So when the occasion arise that he would be re-marrying his wife, Jasmine, for the fourth time (don’t judge they’ve had issues) and that he wasn’t getting any younger. Decided to name her husband, Woody Hoyt, a former student of his wrestling school as the new head trainer and offered her job as the Head Director of the school while he was away.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Patience yawned from behind her desk in her office at the wrestling school, she hated having to get up at four thirty in the morning just so her husband could get to the school to work out with Ashlyn, Samantha, and on the rare occasion Minka. She understood the need for it though, because if he tried to work with any of them during the official classes the students wouldn’t leave them alone. Though she shouldn’t really complain too much, because she’s at the school so early in the morning she is able to get all of her work done before noon and have the rest of the day to herself. Which, after the first couple of days of this she realized that her uncle might have set her up for this. So that in her ‘free’ time she could watch the training, possible do some training, and find herself feeling like she was ready to get back in to the ring.

She had to curse her uncle a little bit for that, because it was working slowly, but surely. It started with just stretching with the students so she could keep limber, but it grew to running drills with them, to a selfie of her putting on the very outfit that she was wearing during her last match with Alana the night that her son passed away, and now a days she’s actually helping Woody teach some of the classes that are heavy with female wrestlers. It’s not that she doesn’t trust him with the female students, because she does… it’s because he isn’t quite sure how to work with them. When he was an active wrestler he had no problem wrestling against women just ask the likes of Nova Wonder and Nevaeh Summers. There was a code of conduct and an unsaid agreement between men and women wrestlers all understood, but with the students… they don’t know what to expect or aren’t completely invested in the training and only looking score some kind of sexual scandal to make themselves famous.

Which, considering the reputation that her uncle got while he was wrestling… this school has seen more than their fair share of those. It also doesn’t help that the school indulges in some training practices that would be deemed barbaric by most other schools. Some of which for legal reasons she has to have them sign waivers before they can even take part in, because they may end up injured or possible die. Which lucky, doesn’t happen, because there are safety precautions, but lawyers… they still want you to cover your ass. Like today… it’s everyone’s ‘favorite’ the dunk tank. Patience remembers her first time doing the dunk tank… it wasn’t fun and not the kind of tank you are thinking it is…

“Are you sure you want to do this, Patience?” Her uncle asked, “You don’t have to do this. You’re a Young and don’t need this kind of training to excel.”

“It’s okay uncle Rick, I want to do it.” She said, and at the time she didn’t realize it, but he was so totally using her and reverse psychology on the rest of the cast to prove to them that there was going to be no special treatment towards her, because she’s family.

“Alright, step up and grab the safety rope.” He said, and Patience did just that she stepped up to bucket of water that had a white rope fastened to it. She took a hold of the rope, took a deep breath, and plunged her head down in to the icy cold water. As the water started to sting her face she attempted to lift her head up, but she couldn’t. Normally at this point someone would panic, but not Patience as she knew it was coming. The idea of the dunk tank was to see how long some can hold their breath under water, but more importantly to push past it as well as the fear of someone drowning you.

The way that tank is set up to work a student is submerged with their breath held with only two ways for you to lift your head. The first way is that you tap out as if it was a submission hold, but when you start to run out of breath and start panicking, because someone holding your head under water the first thing you think of is ‘tapping’ out. The safety measure known as the safety rope was devised.  If a student starts to panic and loses all recollection that this is a just a drill and can’t remember to tap out. If they at any point let go of that rope they are let up.

The regular record setting time was set by Dane Stig Severinsen with a time of twenty minutes even though unofficially it belongs to Tony Sietas. Sietas beat the old record by twenty two seconds, but due to controversy with Guinness still listing Severinsen as the record holder. As they claim that Sietas hyperventilated himself with Oxygen before his attempt and credits him with only nineteen and a half minutes. The school’s record though belongs to Samantha at seventeen minutes flat. Patience looks at the clock on her desk and it’s showing the time at quarter past seven. It was just about time for the first student to take the plunge.

Meaning that it was just about time for her to make her way out to help with the class. She stood up from behind the desk and walked up the full length mirror in the office to check her work out clothes to make sure were no holes or gaps where she might show a little too much skin. She moved towards the door of the office, but she didn’t need to open the door to know that something was off about today’s class. Through the window on the door she could see that the dunk tank hadn’t been pulled out yet, the class was all gathered around, Samantha and Ash were still there, and standing right next to her husband was her uncle and her father.

“What’s going on here?” Patience thought to herself as she opened the door and walked out in to the training area. She knew just knew something was up to seeing both of them here, because it’s been nearly six years since the both of them have been here at the same time. In fact, the last time that they were both here was the day that police came to arrest her uncle under suspicion that he killed Jeremiah Landry a former student. Who prior to his death was slandering her uncle and the school telling everyone that would listen that the school was nothing more than vanity project and the only students that make it happen to be members of the Young family and friends.

“Great, now we are all here.” Her uncle said, with a solemn look on his face. “I see a lot of confused faces here and I’m going to explain everything.”

“What’s going on, Uncle Rick?” Patience asked, as she stepped to the front of everyone and in the moment her father wanted to walk up to her to talk about their own issues. However, he stays put right next to his brother, because the last thing he needs to do is trying to fix the problems he has with his daughter in front of the hold class.

“Patience, everyone… due to the tarnished reputation of the school, the fact that our attendance numbers are dropping, and the raise in number schools causing competition for new students.” He said, before he got a little too emotion to continue. He had to stop for a moment to recompose himself. “I have decided that it’s time for the doors of Forever Young Wrestling Academy to close its doors.”

At the moment there is a collective gasp from everyone in the room as they couldn’t believe that the man that was once called the cockroach of professional due to his persistence and never giving up was all of the sudden throwing in the towel.

“I know this is coming to many of as a shock, but this decision has been toyed with for several years now.” Her father said, she couldn’t believe it. They were really closing up the school right now. Part of her knew that it was coming, because as the director of the school she’s seen the drop in attendance, the drop in enrollment, and of course the main thing the drop of tuition fees.

“We appreciate each and every one of you that stayed with us till the point.” Her husband says, and it causes her off guard as it sounds like he was more in the know about this situation than what she originally thought he knew about it. “So as a token of our gratitude if any of you would like to continue your training we will reach out on your behalf to any wrestling school of your choice.”

“It’s been a long ride and I hate to see this place go out like this, but all good things must come to an end eventually. So for the final time… class dismissed!” Her uncle said, and like that the school was gone her refuge that was slowly helping her get her courage to get back in to the ring was gone. Patience looked around the room and most of the students had flocked over to Sam, Woody, and her uncle. She never saw what happened to Ash, but she saw that her father was heading straight towards her… she knew what he wanted. It’s the same thing that’s wanted ever since it happened… forgiveness.

“Patience, can we talk please.” He asked, but at that point Patience was already walking away from him. It’s not that she didn’t want to forgive her father for what happened with Charlie, because he hadn’t done anything to seek forgiveness for.

“Not now dad… I have a lot to process right now.” Patience said, which was true she did have a lot to process, but at the same time she was just trying to use that as a shield to deflect.

“Patience Elizabeth!” He yelled, he was getting more than a little frustrated with his daughter’s avoidance.

“What dad? What do you want from me? I can’t give you the forgiveness you’re searching for.” She said, and that revelation to her father hit him like a ton of bricks. She couldn’t bring herself to forgive him for the simple mistake deciding not to call her the moment he decided to take Charlie to the hospital the night he died. “Dad, just as I can’t blame myself for what happened… I can’t blame you either. So there is no reason for me to forgive you.”

“Patience, I’m still really sorry… I should have called you.” He said and he was on the verge of tears. It killed Patience to see her father hurting in such a way and that’s saying a lot, because he got the nickname of The Tragic Hero, because every time something started to go his way… something else was tragically taken from him. At that moment, Patience knew what she had to do to help heal her broken father even if it’s just a little a bit. She turns on her heels and rushes up to her father and gives him a hug.

“Alright dad, I forgive you.” She said, as she gave him a kiss on the side of his cheek and it wasn’t long after that he broke down and started to cry with relief that he was given what he was looking for. Knowing that sooner or later some of the students would come looking for her father she tucked him away in her office. Once he was tucked away in the office she leaned up against the door. She didn’t know which way was up at the moment so when she heard Ash’s voice she was a little startled by it.

“You have a strange relationship with your dad.” Ash said, but it wasn’t because she really thought it was strange. It’s more out of jealously, because she never had a chance to know her father.

“Maybe, what can I do for you Ash?” Patience asked, because she knew that there had to be something that Ash wanted. She always wanting something and more often than not it was training.

“Sucks this place is closing down.” Ash says, stating the obvious. “Especially considering all the traditions that were going to die, because of it.”

“It’s a shame, but my uncle knows what he’s doing. I mean he did build this place from the ground up.” Patience said, with a great sense of pride in her uncle, because she remembers back when she was seven and they held the ceremony for the ribbon cutting.

“Oh I don’t doubt that, but seeing as I’m going to be the last official graduate of the school… I don’t want to the one that breaks tradition.” Ash said, and it too Patience a moment to realize the tradition that she was talking about. Even though she along with Minka had been teasing her about finding a tag team partner for her big debut.

“What trad… oh…” Patience started to say, but she couldn’t finish it when the revelation hit her as to way Ash was bring it up to her of all people.

“Minka didn’t want me to ask you, but Patience. Will you please be my tag team partner?” Ash asked, and Patience couldn’t tell if it was, because of the raging conflicting emotions within herself, Ash’s plea not to let the tradition die with her, or if it’s the itch that’s finally taken a hold of her body.

“Yes, I’ll be your tag team partner.” Patience barely said, before she was hugged by Ash tightly.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you…” Ash just started to say on repeat, because she was entirely over the moon with the news that Patience was going to be her tag team partner of the match.

“Don’t thank me yet… I’m going to be rusty.” Patience said, but Ash was too far over the moon to care in the moment.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

“I would like to say that this would be the first time for me that I have been in a match like this. However, I can’t as I have been in match like this before early on in my career.” At first all we can hear is Ember’s voice as the only thing we can see is the immediate darkness of the room. “However, this is the first time being in one when not everyone in the match is known. I have no idea who I am going to end up in the ring with even though I heard that a few familiar faces were going to be in the match.”

“Glory Braddock and of course my sister from another mister Crissy for starters. Having a history with both of them won’t give me a leg up on them, but then again the fact that I’m a virtual unknown to the major the roster… that does.” Ember says, and even though it’s still too dark to see Ember in the room, a smirk can be felt forming on her lips. “This match is truly something else with the prize being a World Title shot at Rise to Greatness, but also for the whole ‘open door’ policy of sorts. It’s because of that policy that I’m going to be taking part in the match, but the more I think about it the more that I realize that means even my dad or uncle could join the fight for the title.”

“Unfortunately, if you are one of the fans hoping to see that… don’t count it. My uncle and dad are coming out of retirement for the match, but hey I will give bonus points to anyone that guesses and are correct if my any of cousins show up. That’s what I love about this match, because it’s like taking a shot in the dark. Or maybe I should say swing, because as lax the rules are going to be for this match… I don’t someone is going to do anything lethal with a gun.” Ember said, with a short concise laugh at the little pun she just made. She’s talking about how the match is like taking a short in the dark and she’s sitting the dark to where no one can see her. “However, I’ll be damned if some of the wrestlers in this match don’t pack enough punch as gun would. I mean there could be some monstrous giant by the name of Blitzkrieg in the match for all I know.”

“I know that I haven’t been in the ring for a long while… in fact, you could say I’ve rusted completely through in terms familiarity in ring. Dealing with the pain of dropped on my head, back, neck… whatever, but don’t count me out.” Patience says, as she briefly pauses as we start to hear some rummaging. Most likely it’s Ember fishing through her pockets from something. “I just want to give a free lesson for everyone that’s going to be in the match. Be it SCW main stays or new comers to the party like me. I’m a woman of many things, but I am not stupid, nor do I have such a huge ego that I won’t woman up to mistakes that I make of the facts. Trust me, it hasn’t escaped me that even I, myself am just as likely to be eliminated in four seconds like the next person.”

“Do I honestly think that I deserve to be in the main event of Rise to Greatness? No, I’m not the same naïve girl I was in SWC, IWC, UWA… excreta. I haven’t done nothing to earn the right yet, but when I win this battle royal to take the main event at Rise to Greatness I will have earned it.” Finally, a bit of light enters the room and shines on Ember. It doesn’t take long to realize that the light is coming from the flashlight on her phone. She turns it from side to side, and we are finally given the opportunity to see that she is standing in the middle of a wrestling ring. “Ring rust or not… I won’t hold back. This insignificant ember… is about to set SCW in to a blazing inferno.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Rick Young - 05-31-2019, 01:03 PM