Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
OOC: I really hate this, but due to timer constraints and family issues its only a shoot, still enjoy!

This Fire Burns

Friday May 31st, 2019
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
9 pm

Hello, Hello, Hello everyone!

Okay so I am not going to lie to all of you, because today was supposed to be a huge day in the life of me, Kelsai Adamson-Mason. Because today is the day that I finally make my big break and do what I have always dreamed of doing since the time I was 7 or 8 when I realized that the best wrestlers in the world, wrestlers that I have always wanted to compete against, always ended up eventually in Supreme Championship Wrestling.

My manager Ms. Amy Chastaine is an icon in SCW, the first female and fastest person ever to be crowned the Supreme Champion. My brother-in-law Blake Mason won both the Adrenaline Championship and the World Tag Team Championship as well as leaving a lasting impression for years to come. My husband Victor Mason has never wrestled here but a girl can hope can’t she, because not only would I adore watching my husband wrestle (I just like watching him move!) but in the future I could possible use a tag team partner down the line and I think he would be perfect for the job. In fact, the only person that I know who I am closely related to in pro wrestling that will never be involved in SCW is my Daddy Dwayne Adamson, but by the time SCW was getting started Daddy was already semi-retired and had started making movies, which I think everyone will agree that he has done quite well there for himself too.

Now finally after years of preparation mentally, I have joined the SCW roster in time to be in the Taking Hold of the Flame battle royal this Sunday, one of the biggest pay per views of the year,  so you would think that me, Ms. Excitement would be on cloud nine right now and believe me on one level I certainly am. However, as I was getting ready with Ms. Amy today in they gym where I have been training since yesterday I got a phone call from my friend Jessica, and to say the least it was not a good phone call at all.

Jessica is 7-year-old Jessica Smart, who I meant one night after wrestling in North Carolina for GCW where I am also continuing to work. Jessica is smart, spunky, silly just like me besides being one of the best and thoughtful listeners I have ever meant. Jessica is truly mature beyond her years, many times offering me wisdom when I didn’t even know that I was asking for any wisdom. Like when I decided to leave Emerge after being attacked last month, she was there to comfort me and offer advice even giving me some thoughtful consideration about where my career might be going next since I was no longer involved with Emerge. Coincidentally for anyone that is wondering, my decision to leave Emerge did not come easily. Almost everyone at Emerge treated me with an overflowing amount of respect, much more than I ever deserved, and I am truly thankful everything that Drew Bryant and everyone on his staff tried to do for me, so I have nothing but good things to say about most of Emerge.

Back to Jessica though, what I have always found to be truly remarkable about is the fact that she is so wise beyond her years and she does it all despite the fact that she has Medulloblastoma, a childhood form of brain cancer. Jessica is so brave, in fact Victor and I have talked about amongst ourselves and we believe that she is unquestionably the bravest person that we know. However, while I was working out at the gym getting ready for my SCW in ring debut, I got a call from Jessica, who was very adamant that I stay right here in Montreal and train for Taking Hold of the Flame, because she is extremely brave as always and is very excited about seeing me perform this Sunday…

As long as she gets the chance.

You see for as long as I have known Jessica, which is about three and a half months, this has been the one phone call that I was always worried about receiving, the phone call that I had always dreaded. Late Thursday night Jessica’s father Jack ended up rushing Jessica to the children’s hospital in Raleigh, North Carolina after a particularly rough day for Jessica in which she had thrown up violently multiple times. After doctors ran tests and scans on Jessica despite all the prayers and support of so many people, they confirmed what we already knew to be true; Jessica tumor was growing, in fact it was not just growing but it had nearly doubled in size. So, if you can imagine being 7 years old and having doctors tell you that it is not a matter of if but rather just a matter of when you are going to die. She could have a matter of days, a couple of weeks, not much more than a month, and in fact she could already be passed on right now. I want more than anything to pack my bags and go down to Raleigh and stay with Jessica until the very end, unbelievable when you consider that I have waited my whole life for this moment, but this little girl is special, so special that only because I promised her that I would and compete in the battle royal this Sunday that I am.

There are forty different competitors competing in Taking Hold of the Flame, and forty different sets of stories about how and why the fans are supposed to cheer for them, but I will guarantee you that none of them are going to have emotional impact of Jessica Smart, the 7-year-old with an indomitable spirit, huge heart, and unfortunately an even larger brain tumor as well. I don’t know if Jessica will still be with us by the time that my number is called this Sunday, but you better believe that either way she will be with me in spirit and that spirit will help me to do my very best inside of that right, whatever my best will be.

You can bet that I will be giving it everything I have for myself, for my family, for my manager, for my fans and of course for Jessica. I know that to be eliminated that I will have to be thrown over the top and have both feet touch the floor, and I am telling you right now that I am not planning on Sunday night being anything less than one long night for this girl because I am going to take all of my excitement coupled with all of this emotion to try and make it all the way to the main event of Rise to Greatness and then?

Then I will be on the next plane to Raleigh to say goodbye to a friend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Simple77 - 05-31-2019, 11:26 PM