Aphrodite Noel: "My Queen"
Quote:#ooc: This loosely ties into Angelica Jones story. How is her girlfriend coping with the current goings on? This is how.

06/02/2019

Aphrodite traveled to Montreal for several reasons. One of them was to support a woman she considers a daughter, Glory Braddock. Second reason is to support a complicated woman she has been with for roughly a year, Angelica Jones. She has a World Tag Team Championship defense against the Truelove Twins. The question on everyones mind is whether her tag team partner was going to show up. For nearly a month, James Evans has been AWOL. Aphrodite asked Angelica where James was at, not even she knows his precise whereabouts. That bothers Aphrodite more than she is willing to admit out loud.

Prior to SCW’s second biggest pay per view of the year, Taking Hold of the Flame, Aphrodite finds herself in the bathroom, alone. Her friend Brittany Kayl invited people via Twitter to a restaurant where she knows the cook, Aphrodite could not say no to that.. Along for the ride was Jordan Majors, she hit it off with Brittany via Twitter. Also joining the festivities was Aphrodite’s cousin, Abigail Lindsay. Abi had nothing to do at the pay per view. Aphrodite knows her cousin well enough to know Abigail would create trouble.

Aphrodite left Brittany, Jordan and Abigail to have a good time while she stares at the bathroom mirror. The manner in which Aphrodite stares, it would appear to the onlooker she is gazing into the endless abyss.  Aphrodite feels a warm hand on her shoulder. She refuses to acknowledge the person trying to pry her attention away from her own inner thoughts. Hard not to spot Abigail Lindsay’s reflection in the mirror.

“What happened? Chanting mirror, mirror, on the wall doesn’t work like the movies?” Abigail says stoically.  

Aphrodite rolls her eyes. “Now is not the time, Abigail!”

“Let me try.” Abigail clears her throat. “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, why is my cousin the grumpiest of them all?”

Aphrodite sighs.

Shrugging her shoulders, Abigail persist “So much for that. Seriously, come on, you don’t want to keep me, Jordan and Ms. Kayl waiting.”

“You girls have fun without me, I rather be alone.”

Abigail shakes her head. “ If you can’t talk to family, who can you talk too?”

Aphrodite walks over to the door to lock it to ensure no one comes in to interrupt their conversation. Folding her arms, she says... “What’s wrong with me, Abigail? My wrestling career there is nothing to complain about. I am one half of the Underground Tapout Champion with Aubrianna. Our collective set back with Tyberius aside, we are on top of the world right now. A few short weeks ago, me and Angelica taught her sister and husband there are consequences for messing with Angel...”

Unable to look her cousin in the eye, Aphrodite looks away, “Tell me why it doesn’t feel like enough? Why am I not enough, Abi. I am supposed to be Angelica’s emotional support through her... trying times. There is nothing wrong Angel but she feels that way, uniting with James to keep their respective demons in check.”

Aphrodite snarls. “There is nothing wrong with Angel, she doesn’t need fixing. How can she seek help from outside sources. I am the one she is supposed to lean on, not James, not the Church. What if she ‘betters’ herself and decides I am not enough.”

Aphrodite runs her hands through her long, jet black hair. The frustration within her is welling. She has been on edge for sometime. Bad enough she doesn’t spend as much time with Angelica due to their respective travels schedules. Watching her girlfriend’s struggles in Supreme Championship Wrestling knowing she couldn’t do anything about it, life takes a toll. Her innermost thoughts/feelings, she has held back for so long, she couldn’t find it in her to truly enjoy the smallest joys in life, occasions like spending time with her number one best friend, Brittany Kayl and Abigail’s road bestie, Jordan Majors.

Abigail, having processed everything her cousin dumped on her, finally responds. “James is a good guy, he wants to be. I agree, the last person qualified to help anyone with their demons is a person who can’t control their own. Recipe for disaster. No offense, Angelica’s decision making is not the greatest.” Abigail places her left hand on Aphrodite’s right shoulder. “Silly, you are enough. You are Aphrodite, Queen of Queens, Noel. Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. The breaker of chains, the unburned, last of your name--”

Aphrodite glaring a hole straight through Abigail was her cousins cue to stop with the Game of Thrones reference. With a smirk on her face, Abigail continues. “In any event silly goose, Angelica has her own problems. She had dragon problems before you, she’ll have dragon problems after you. Demons don’t disappear. I agree, there is nothing wrong with her. One thing I noticed about her, she’ll embrace her darkness when she needs it. The moment she doesn’t, bad bad Dragon. The question you need to ask yourself, do you want to live life this way? Remember who you are, Aphrodite Fn Noel. You deserve better.”

Aphrodite says emphatically, “I love her.”

Abigail tilts her head to the side. “You love Brittany Kayl too...”

Aphrodite glares at Abigail. “We won’t speak of this again!”

“Why not?”

There is a silence that hangs in the air. Aphrodite doesn’t bother to respond. Abigail continues. “You have a woman out there that completely adores you. A woman out there who appreciates you more than Angelica does by what you’re telling me. Tell her how you feel. Take a chance. What is the worst that can happen.”

“I am not betraying, Angelica. If I leave her, I’m not, lets be clear. If I left her, she may revert back to The Dragon, forever. That isn’t what she wants.”

“Betraying yourself is a lot worse.”

“I’m not you, Abi. How long have you been sleeping with Jordan?”

Abigail giggles, “Katelyn doesn’t care. I am far from a relationship expert, one thing I do know, you should never have to deny yourself when you are in one. What’s the point? Look. Angelica has been good to my sisters. She was good to me. No judgement here. Talking about this won’t solve anything. You, Ms Noel, are a woman of action. Sweetie--” Abigail nods. “Take action.”

Aphrodite sighs knowing her cousins words ring true. “When I figure out what to do, you’ll be the first to know.”

“Not today.” Abigail unlocks the door. “We’ve kept our company waiting long enough.”

Aphrodite allows Abigail to walk out first. She knows her cousin is right, somehow,  she needs to fix her situation with Angelica Jones. Sad part is, she doesn’t know how, inside the wrestling ring she is great at what she does, relationships? Hasn’t been her bread and butter. How will she overcome this challenge? She doesn’t know... she, just, doesn’t, know...