Addiction...
Quote:#ooc: First Blake Mason related content in sometime. Feast your eyes.

June 2nd, 2019.

Montreal. The place to be. Taking Holding the Flame is the talk of the town, not a surprise to William ‘Blake’ Mason. He has witnessed this story before. The hype, the pomp, the circumstance will never get old. After he had left the company two months ago due to his war with Chris Cannon taking the ultimate toll on him, he didn’t have any plans on showing in the same town Taking Hold of the Flame is in. Here he is, standing in front of a mirror, making sure the suit he is wearing is perfect. He has every intention of showing up to the arena to talk to Sasha about getting his job back. Feeling he is presentable, Blake power walks to the door. What he sees when he opens the door is a face he wasn’t expecting to see, his brother, Victor Mason. Not surprising Victor is in town, his wife is competing in the Taking Hold of the Flame match later in the day. Blake wasn’t planning on anyone showing up at his door.

Blake: Look, I need to go. Free to join me if you want.

Victor shakes his head.

Victor:  That won’t be necessary.

Blake: Time is of the essence; move, please.

No doubt Blake is irritated that his own brother refuses to move out of the way. Him trying to secure a meeting with Sasha is of grave importance. Waiting any longer would pretty much guarantee that Sasha would have no time to entertain his contractual request. Taking Hold of the Flame is a very important event. Second biggest. The clock is ticking. Victor wasn’t helping matters by refusing to move.

Victor: We need to have a word...

Blake: Sorry, this is going to need to wait.

Victor: Not this time, you are going to listen to me, ok.

Blake sighs. He steps to the side to allow his brother into the room. Once inside, he slams the door behind him.

Blake: What the hell is your problem?! I need to get a hold of Sasha. It won’t be long before she is so consumed with the normal grind of managing a pay per view; she won’t have enough time to green light my comeback.

Victor: Yeah... about that. You do realize my wife is making her SCW debut tonight? Doesn’t feel like it. The only thing on your mind is ranting on social media about how you are going to make Sienna and Chris pay for their treatment of Kelcey.

Victor unapologetically smirks.

Victor: Nice to know where your priorities are.

Blake: Of course I care about Kelsai; I’m offended you would even question me about that.

Victor: Don’t worry, I am not questioning that; I am questioning your priorities. Taking down Chris is all you are talking about. Where has that landed you, exactly?

Blake pauses to soak in what Victor just said. Hard to argue facts. He ran over Chris, almost killed him. Nearly ended his career inside an Elimination Chamber years ago. Years and years of all out war that has cost him a lot. Blake sighs.

Blake: What do you expect me to do, sit at home, do nothing as I watch that jackass try to raise Kelcey’s baby with Sienna? How is that right, Victor? Tell me. How is it!! Kelsai will understand. I need to get to the arena, Sasha needs to hear me out, I am finishing this, tonight.

Feeling enough talking has been done, Blake goes to leave. He feels Victor’s hand grasping his wrist. Yanking his hand away, Blake rolls his eyes at his brother.

Blake:  Stand down... brother.

Victor rolls his eyes.

Victor: Just like I stood down to Willow...   

Blake: Vic, this isn’t the same thing.

Victor sighs.

Victor: Might as well be. Where did standing on principle land me? I met with Willow, looked her dead in the eye, told her that me and Kelsai didn’t need her out of the box proposal. What happened next? Kelsai was found laying in a park, all because I decided to stand down.

Blake: You need to get over that. What happened to Kelsai wasn’t your fault..

The naturally stoic Victor glares at Blake. He is taken aback by the fire stirring from Victor.

Victor: Yes Blake, it is! You remember when I was apart of Blood Grove. Daisy, I cared about her. I watched her do unimaginable things as Red Rayne, at any moment I could have stepped in. I could have been Daisy’s better angel. What did I do? I stood down. I allowed Daisy to become a worse version of herself. We saw what happened, suspended from SCW, screwed Katya up for the worse. If I had been more assertive... maybe Daisy would have saw the light sooner. I have been passive all my life; look where that got me?

Blake: A more successful marriage then I ever had?

Victor:  I’ll give you that. What else? What else do I have to my name. I could have prevented a lot, including you running Chris over. Maybe, if I had been a better brother, you wouldn’t be addicted to this cycle with you and Chris going on and on forever to see who is going to kill the other first.

Blake places his hand on Victor’s shoulder.

Blake: You’re not responsible for my choices.

Victor: True, I should have been a better influence. Right now  I can be by stopping you, at least for today, of attempting to continue the cycle.

Blake: Kelcey is my friend. I can’t abandon her. That’s what you are asking me to do.

Victor shakes his head.

Victor: For today, I am asking you to put our family first. Kelsai doesn’t need you bringing a halestorm of revenge to Taking Hold of the Flame. No one knows better than me there is no stopping you, you are a force of nature. I can’t, in good conscious, be an enabler. Story of my life, right? I can’t sit silently anymore. Deep down, you know I am telling the truth. This addiction to fighting Chris has made you miserable, prompted you to make bad choices, compromised your well being, at what point does it stop? At what point do you wash your hands of Chris Cannon, forever? This is a Street Family matter. Let them deal with Chris, you support your friends, you can do that without stepping in the ring. You walked away from SCW for a reason. Remember that.

Blake nods.

Blake: Alright... for tonight, I’ll stand down. This is Kelsai’s big night. I won’t cause any trouble.

Victor: Thanks.

Blake: I can’t promise you I’ll stay away forever. This is hard Vic... so hard. Can’t stand the guy... I always knew the guy was a douche, still. He needs to pay.

Victor nods.

Victor: On that, we agree. Do you need to be his executioner?

Blake: Kennedy will handle it. I have faith. Enough about me... this is about Kelsai.

Victor gives Blake a huge hug.

Victor: I appreciate it.

Both brothers pull away from the embrace. Blake smirks.

Blake: I can get used to this new you.

Victor chuckles.

Victor: No, you won’t.

Knowing his brother is right, Blake lightly chuckles. Crisis averted... for now.