Donovan Street / Charis Kensington versus Gluteous Maximus / Georgi Spelini
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 3,250 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose

FRIDAY 12TH JULY 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 14th JULY 2019 2359 EST
OOC: Joint RP

Years Ago...

I can’t believe how little security she has on this place. I mean, if I was a world famous and world renowned wrestler, I’d have more than a deadbolt on my door! It’s not even a tricky one to open!

I mean, I didn’t need a sign to tell me that we were destined to meet and be friends, but honestly, all that’s lacking right now is the neon sign declaring ‘Keenie & Charis - BFF4EVA’.

You’d think that with her being away wowing the world so much that her home would have this sterile edge to it, cold and unlived in. But it doesn’t. Of course, there’s nothing but the best of everything, from the wood on the floor and rugs, to the paper and paint on the walls and the furnishings. I can’t wait till she invites me to live with her.

I daren’t turn on the lights to get a good look at the place, because I’m not quite ready to meet the neighbours yet, so I have to settle for running my hands over everything that I can reach, being careful not to knock over anything delicate, navigating by ambient light.

I can feel it the moment that I enter her bedroom. It smells clean, and just like I’d imagine that Kennedy smells. I wonder what perfume she uses? But there’s something else, something masculine that still lingers in the air. Maybe it was the cleaner, getting things ready for her return.

The sheets on the bed are softer than anything that I’ve felt before, silky against my fingers, and I can’t help but run my hands over them, imagining what it would feel like to lie against them naked. I wonder if Kennedy would mind if I made myself comfortable while I waited for her?

But no. That would just be creepy. I’ll go and find the guest room and make myself comfortable there.

I turn away from the bed,  and move towards where I think the door is again, when the shadows seem to move. At first glance, I chalk it up to my vivid imagination. Ghosts aren’t real, and if they were, they certainly wouldn’t be hanging around Kennedy Street. I shrug it off, and take another step.

And then the shadows rush at me in the figure of a man. Sweetness fills my lungs and burns as iron bands clamp my arms at my sides. I try and raise my leg to kick, but a firmly muscled thigh wraps over me, and I’m pinned like a helpless butterfly. There’s something over my face and my scream is muffled. I gasp for air, but there is only sweetness that stings as it replaces my air.

Everything turns to grey at the edge of my vision, and sirens ring in my ears, clanging bells that drown out everything else.

The shadows claim me.

###

Saturday 29th June 2019

The morning sun touches my face, a better alarm clock than anything invented.  I'm wrapped in his arms,  the warmth of his body pressed against mine, and I thank my stars every time I open my eyes.

His breathing is soft and even behind me,  his arm resting heavy against my hip,  pinning me.  Its reassuring,  that he cares enough for me even in sleep.

I can hear the birds outside singing their hearts out, serenading the day. It feels so good to know that there is nothing holding us in the house anymore.  House arrest,  however unjustified,  is finally done,  and Donovan is a free man.

It's a delight just to lie here, sleepy and warm as I come round, existing in the moment. But all too soon, my stomach starts to prompt me that it's time to rise. I'm practised now at sneaking out from beneath him, slowly sliding out of the bed. The moment I'm clear, he rolls to fill my spot, soaking in the heat I've left behind.

I like to let him sleep as long as he can. Stars above know that he has enough on his mind.

The air in the house has just enough of a chilly bite to it, enough to make me grab a robe from the back of the chair, and wrapping it around myself. It smells of him, and I take a deep breath as I head to the kitchen.

I have my routine in the morning,  the things I like to do before he gets up.  Everything is cleaned,  dusted and swept making it tidy.  Tea fixings are laid out in preparation,  and breakfast is started.  Having everything perfect for Donovan when he wakes is the least I can do for him.

The table and chairs outside need a clean,  and it's while I'm doing that, I hear footsteps from behind me.  Donovan is up.

As he steps out into the air,  he raises his head to the sun,  a motion that I don't think he's even aware of making.  He slides the robe from my shoulders and wraps it around himself,  pressing a kiss to my shoulder blade in passing. It's cold in only my scanty nightdress,  but the look in his eyes warms me more than any piece of cloth does.

As he eats his breakfast and browses the news,  I retire to dress.  If today follows the same pattern as our other days,  we'll be running the trails very soon.

I learnt the hard way not to eat before running, or training.

I never thought that wrestling would be a career for me.  I was an aspiring actress,  sure that my first starring role was just around the corner. I only got into wrestling after my likeness to one was pointed out. And even then, setting foot in the ring was something that never crossed my mind.

Until Donovan.

He opened my eyes, he set my feet on a new path, and he let me into his life, into his heart.

And I plan to stay there.

###

It’s a little cloudy this morning, but the air is still humid as I jog slowly along the trail. Donovan chose Malibu Bluffs Park this morning, and he’s already ahead of me. I know that at my level, I can’t keep up with him, and I’m content to let him do what he needs to, before he joins me again for encouragement.

But there’s something else going on his head this morning. He’s been distant, those mesmerising eyes of his looking off into the distance. There’s that set to his jaw that suggests that he’s holding something back.

And I know that this time, it’s nothing that I’ve done.

The light sparkles on the waves as they break against the beach, and I can see the houses that stretch along the length. It’s calm and peaceful this morning, and the trail is fairly quiet. Maybe it’s too early for the kids to be out and about.

I try and pick up the pace, feeling the burning starting in the bottom of my lungs, and the tightening of my muscles. It hurts, and always in the past, this would be the point that I would give in. But, Donovan taught me how to get past the pain, how to deal with it, and as I watch his figure disappearing into the distance, I keep going.

I find my stride, and it feels like I’m flying.

There’s no room for anything else inside my head but keeping track of my breathing, listening to the sound of my feet on the trail, and watching Donovan.

And all too soon, it ends, and I come back down to earth with a sharp jolt as my body abruptly tells me that I’ve pushed it too hard with a stinging pain in my calf. I slow to a more sedate pace and then to a walk, trying to ease it out through movement. I pause for a second to dig my fingers into the muscle, to find the tense section before I start walking again. But my brief pause must have been enough to draw the attention of Donovan, and he’s by my side before I can blink.

He doesn’t even have to say anything, and I can feel my cheeks flame red with embarrassment. I should be better than this, and I bite my lower lip before stretching out again.

Approval lights those green eyes, and he easily matches my pace.

“We have to be ready, love,” he says quietly, under the sound of our feet pounding in unison.

“Ready for Emerge?” I ask, startled. He’s not let me into his confidence yet about his plans for Emerge. And I know that he has them. He’s always planning, my Donovan.

“That, and more,” he confides. “You’re almost ready.”

Warmth lights my cheeks again, but this time with pride. I have worked my ass off to try and rise to a level where I can make Donovan proud of me. To have him not only notice, but comment means the world to me.

“I’m always ready to learn from you,” I tell him honestly, and realise almost instantly that I’ve said the wrong thing. His smooth stride stutters for a second before it smooths out, and his fists clench at his side before they release.

I trap my tongue behind my teeth.

“At least you listen,” he says, bitterness coating and flavoring every word, before he falls silent again.

It all comes back in the end to Kennedy. I just don’t understand why she doesn’t let Donovan help her? He only wants the best for her, only wants to help her achieve the greatness that is inherent in the name of Street. Everything that he’s done, he’s done for her and for his family, and yet none of them have ever thanked him for it.

He’s tolerated by his twin sister. His father barely even speaks to him anymore. And all because of the woman that I once thought could be my best friend and idol .

I could almost hate her.

But it’s not her fault. It’s not her fault that she’s had poison spewed into her ears, had her mind warped and twisted. I can’t think too badly of her, I don’t think that I could have resisted if someone had tried to turn my own mind against everything that was right.

But Donovan always has a plan, and I am proud to be a part of it.

###

Years Ago...

Everything hurts, from my head down to my feet. It feels like the worst hangover that I’ve ever had, and I don’t remember drinking anything. I don’t exactly remember much of anything right now. My mouth is dry, and there’s a burning feeling in my sinuses. My cheek is pressed against something cold and plastic, and there’s harsh light burning beyond my closed eyelids.

I really want to go back into sleep in the hope that things will make more sense when I wake up again.

The plastic beneath me vibrates with a heavy step, and something kicks me in the ribs, hard enough to make me cry out from the force and from the shock.

“Time to wake up, love,” and the voice is harsh, punctuating the words with another kick.

I open my eyes, tears streaming freely from the bright light and the pain. Through the watery haze I can make out a pair of sturdy boots standing near me.

The next kick rolls me over onto my back,  and I have to close my eyes against the burning pain of the fluorescent light.  I can't make sense of any of this.

Fingers wrap around my throat,  oddly gentle and soft.  Fabric rubs against my windpipe,  and gradually the pressure increases as my head is forced back, but just on the edge of pain. It feels like my air is being cut off,  but as I gasp frantically for air,  I find that it still comes easily.

"Nothing to say to your dear old brother?" the voice asks.

But I don't have a brother, I can't help the thought that flashes across my mind.  I don't know if I say it,  or if the owner of the voice reads it off my face,  but the grip tightens around my throat.

"Fuck!" and the curse is loud,  echoing and drowning out the sound of the steps as whoever it is let's my throat go.  My head bounces painfully off the floor .

A door slams.

I can't stay awake any longer.  Please,  can this all just be a nightmare?

But the memory of the fingers on my throat...

###

I thought long and hard about doing this to me own sister. Kennedy Street is a gem and maybe you people simply misunderstand who I am. I’m her brother, her protector and for years Kennedy was out of control. So, I did what any brother would do….

Save Kennedy from herself.

She was alone, dating no one, it was at time when she had no friends, they all bloody hated her except for me. I knew all she wanted was an out, to come back home, find herself and be the woman I wanted her to become. That night, I had it all set up, ready to take her, all I needed was an opening. Camping out, I was able to get in her house, seeing her staring at some clothes and other belongings throughout the bedroom seemed a bit weird but I didn’t give a fuck…

I poured the chloroform in the cloth and came right behind me sister, in an instance she was out cold, scooping her up, I quietly walked out the back, dumped her in me truck and drove off. For once things were starting to look up and I would finally have her back where she belongs.

Thirty Minutes Later

I laid her face down after opening the door to the room I made. It took me almost a fucking year to make it practically bulletproof. She was wearing all black, Kennedy used to have some style but fuck it, whatever floats her boat. I took off her jacket, then proceeded to take off her boots and socks, last thing I needed was for my sister to kick me with them shit kickers on. I then tied her ankles and wrists behind her back just to make sure she didn’t get overly crass with me. I sat and waited, watched her sleep peacefully as the strands of her long blonde hair hung down over her face…..

I waited until I couldn’t wait any longer as I booted her in the ribs again, shaking her a bit….

I asked her to wake up and when she slowly started to stir, I grabbed her by the golden locks and turned her over….

That is when me heart stopped and skipped a beat for a second when I realized the woman, I abducted was NOT me sister….

I didn’t know who the fuck she was.

REC:

“There are going to be times in our lives where we have to make a tough decision, those that can change the perception of anyone in an instance. See, for years all of you think I’m some abusive asshole that beats up his little sister, you couldn’t be further from the truth. I spent over a year in House Arrest when all I was trying to do was toughen me sister up, show her that she was better than she claimed, some weak little barb instead of the Sexy Flawless Diva. The problem is most of you don’t know the history behind this. Have you ever had anyone that embarrassed your family so bad that you had to do something about it?

Mate, in 2010, Kennedy fought some wanker that knocked her cold and stripped her down to her bare knickers. They laughed, they cheered, there was my sister unconscious in the middle of the ring almost naked. I walked into me dad’s work and there were tossers with her picture all over, screen shots, everything…

Do you understand how humiliating that is?

She didn’t think so until the day I walked into her house and almost broke her orbital bone. It has always been about tough love and the thing is, life in many strange ways can work against you or even for you. Kennedy learned her lesson, she understood that she was a Street, damn it and not some piece of ass. During that time, she has had some influences and trust me when I tell you that I plan to visit each and every single one of them so that you and the rest can understand the consequences to your actions.

See, I am in EMERGE now and I didn’t come alone, I brought Charis Kensington with me. You’re probably wondering who this beautiful, green eyed blonde is? Catchy last name, eh? Remind you of someone? Yeah, I thought so. For her and I, we met by fate. Do you believe in fate? What about you two jamokes? Georgi Spellini and Gluteus Maximus? I don’t know if I should feel fucking insulted that Charis and I drew you too twats. Let me tell you a little story while Charis stands next to me, warming my arm, kissing my cheek, doing the one thing Kennedy failed to do….

Support her big brother.

What Georgi and Gluteus are? They are the example. At Symphony of The Sea, I didn’t come to win some stupid battle royal, I came to send a message and let you all now that I am back after a long time being away from the ring. I knew this was not going to be some little cat and mouse game mate, instead it was going to transition into a war. My sister maybe Rising to Greatness and if she loses again to that Cannon cunt, then what does that make her?

Spellini and Maximus.

Cause you see boys, Charis and I aren’t here to play, we aren’t here to be entertaining or show something none of you have seen before. If you seen a car wreck, you seen it what’s gonna happen two these two. They call me “The Ripper”, I never had a care in the world for another man or woman’s well-being. So now I will come to you as one with Charis and show what I can do with a woman so dedicated and strong like me sister, by me side. Drew Bryant, this is only the beginning, what you’re seeing here is the Bonnie and Clyde of professional wrestling but trust me….

We ain’t going to end up like Bonnie or Clyde.

This is a world where the weak are eradicated and the strong survive. Kennedy and Trinity, loves I hope you’re watching what Charis and I do on Monday night. Watch her closely little sister and you too could have been her. The time for talk is over and when we are done, all eyes will be on us, the two who came in with one purpose, to change the script and rewrite our own history. Every step I take, every move I make….

I will be watching you.

I spent enough time locked away while Kennedy flourished with her backstabbing friends and purple hearts. Well? Charis and me will do her the honor…..

And ridding her life of every poison she has one head at a time.

We love you Kennedy, Stay Tuned, love.”

/REC