Jennifer Helms versus Augustus Parker
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 3,250 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose

FRIDAY 12TH JULY 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 14th JULY 2019 2359 EST
October 28, 2017
Hunter Sportsplex
New York City, New York

New Empire State Wrestling’s Haunted Empire was a huge deal for Augustus Parker. Years of trying to establish his name on the independent scene all came down to this moment. He wanted to make an impression that would stand the test of time. He was new to the promotion, thanks to his charm and determination he managed to get himself on the card. The promoter gave him a chance to show him what he can do. In the opening match of the night against John Carol, everything was going well. The crowd was getting behind the then twenty eight year old man. Him and Carol had amazing chemistry, nothing could possibly go wrong.  

Towards the end of the match, John was slumped in the corner. Standing at the opposite end of the ring, Augustus measured John up. Tapping his knee, Augustus charged at John with reckless abandon, at the last second, John moved, Augustus knee went straight into the second turnbuckle, normally the padding should have been enough to protect Augustus knee from the impact, what Augustus knew before hand was, the middle turnbuckle padding was removed by John. Carol tried to use that to his advantage earlier and failed. In his desire to make an impression, Augustus went for a homerun, instead, his own desperation got the bed of him. 

Upon impact he screamed. 

The referee checked on him. 

And had no choice but to throw up the “X”

Taken to the hospital, Augustus laid in a hospital bed. He was given medicine to numb the pain to a manageable level. His good friend, Alec, traveled with him from Vegas to New York to watch him have his big moment. This wasn’t the moment Alac planned on celebrating with him...

“How can you be so reckless, dude?” Alec said, not condemning Augustus for what he had done. Augustus would not have faulted Alec for doing so, he had done self depreciation himself on the ride to the hospital for Alec and the rest of their friends back home.

“Had to take advantage of the moment.” Augustus tried reasoning with Alec. 

In frustration, Alec said, “What good that did you!”

Augustus sighs. “Leave me alone.”

“Dude, I’m..”

“LEAVE ME ALONE, PLEASE...”

Not wanting to argue with his friend anymore, Alec walked out the room to give Augustus space, in that moment, Augustus knew this was it. His career was done. Five years. Nothing to show for it. No big time promotion was going to touch him, ever. He sat in a hospital damaged goods, the last thing he needed was his good friend cursing him for being a reckless dumbass, he didn’t need another voice to tell him that...   

Las Vegas, Nevada...
2 Years Later.

Augustus Parker woke up, the first thing he did was wipe the crust from his eyes. Rolling over to his left, the blinds were drawn, the sunlight penetrated the room. The space next to him on his King Size bed is completely empty. Tossing of what remains of the sheet on the floor, Augustus sits up, letting out a huge yawn he places his feet on the floor. Running his hands through his hair he reaches to the small table next to his bed to grab his bottle of half empty water. He takes a sip, places the bottle down where he got it. Standing up he makes the trek to his bathroom, pushing the door open slightly he is greeted by steam, stepping into the bathroom, he sees what every man (and some women) in the world wouldn’t mind feasting there eyes on first thing in the morning, the sight of a beautiful woman showering. The steam clouds the glass. He already knew what the woman obscured by the steam looks like, he would yell from the rooftops that the sight of her is glorious. The water stops. Augustus grabs a nearby towel. The door opens to the shower, immediately, he hands the raven haired woman the towel. 

“Aww, such a gentleman.” Persephone says.

“You should have woken me. I could have scrubbed the hard to reach places.” Augustus says playfully. 

Persephone wraps the towel so is covers her chest to her waist. With a smirk she casually tells him. “After last night? Not a good idea.”

“Eh, you’re probably right.”

Persephone gives Augustus a small peck on the cheek. “I’m always right.”

Augustus raises an eyebrow. “Arrogant aren’t we?

Persephone smirks. “Facts don’t lie, Mr. Parker. Would you mind getting my clothes for me?”

Augustus nods. He walks back into his bedroom to retrieve Persephone’s clothes. He has to walk to the opposite side of the bed. On the ground were a pair of purple panties, a purple bra, black shirt and a red top. Walking back to the bathroom door, he steps in far enough to hand Persephone her belongings. Stepping back out the bathroom remarks. “Leaving me already, Persephone? I can make you breakfast if you like?” 

“That’s sweet. I’m not going to impose.”

“Is it imposing if I’m asking you to stay?”

“I have plans, Mr. Parker. Business waits for no one. Don’t worry, I already programmed my number into your phone, call me later.”

Hearing that brought a smile to Augustus Parkers face. Last night he met Persephone at The Chaos Club. He goes clubbing there at least twice a week. Occasionally he noticed Persephone sitting at the bar alone in deep thought. Tired of talking himself out of striking up a conversation, he made his move. The rest is pretty much history. His cellphone ringing snapped him out of his deep thought. Rushing over to his side of the bed, he pulls the cellphone out of his pocket. 

“Hello!”

Whatever he is told forces him anxiety to spike. “What? You can’t be serious!”

Processing the rest of the conversation, he immediately puts on his pants while trying to manage the phone. “Ok. I’ll be right there.”

Augustus grabs his white shirt, grabs his shoes near by. Slipping them on he is going to rush out the door. Remembering he has a guest, he stops himself. “Persephone! I need to go, can you please lock up on your way out.”

Persephone, fully dressed, walks out the bathroom. “Is everything alright?”

“A friend of mine, Alec, he was brutally assaulted. I got to--”

“Calm down, I’ll drive.”

“Are you sure? What about--”

“My friend can wait. I won’t take no for an answer. I’m driving.”

Augustus nods. He walks back to the table to grab Persephone’s purse, handing it to her, they both rushed out his apartment...

About a half hour later, Augustus found himself at the hospital anxiously sitting in the waiting room to learn any news on his friend Alec. He didn’t expect Persphone to stick around, he was grateful she did. Augustus didn’t have any immediate family in the area, Alec is one of his only friends, all the support he could get the better. Alec’s sister walks into the waiting room. She sits next to Augustus, holding his hand, she says. “Who would do something like this? Alec is a good man, he has never harmed anyone. Why would a coward attack him like that?! It’s not fair Augustus, IT’S NOT FAIR.” 

Augustus wraps his arms around his friends sister. Persephone moved over to the other side of the sister, she wraps her arm around her too. “Beverly, it’s going to be alright” is the best Augustus could say to comfort her.

“You should see him.” Beverly said. 

He knew she was right. He stood up. So did Beverly. She led him to the room Alec is staying in. For a man who was assaulted, Alec didn’t come across to Augustus that he was allowing his circumstances to drag him down. 

“I’m still alive, dude, it’s fine.” Alec says with a smile. 

Augustus walks over to his best friend’s bedside. He asked what anyone would ask their friend at a time like this, “Do you know who attacked you?”

“I don’t want to talk about that, dude. I’m glad you came, though. There is something I need to tell you.” 

Augustus shakes his head. “Nonsense, it can wait.”

“Dude, it can’t. This needs to come out now before its too late.”

Augustus scoffs at what he believes Alec is insinuating. “Don’t talk like that, you are going to make a full recovery.”

“Relax man, I’m not dying.” Alec reassures him with a cheesy smile. “Whoever attacked me wasn’t aiming to kill; I don’t think. Who knows. My sister didn’t tell you?”

Augustus looks at Beverly. She lowers her head unable to bring herself to confront the news about Alec head on. He jerks his head back to his best friend. “Tell me what...”

The cool, calm demeanor Alec tried wearing breaks down. A single tear slides down his face, “I can’t feel my legs.” 

Time literally froze for Augustus, he could hardly breath, unable to move Beverly hugs his arm to give him some comfort. When Augustus is able to get any words out he yells, “What the hell!!”

“Yeah... sucks.” Alec sighs. “I am trying my best to stay as calm and chill as possible, I don’t want you guys to worry...”

“Too late.” both Augustus and Beverly say in unison. 

“If I am unable to walk again I won’t be able to climb Mt Everest. Run a marathon. Do all the things I’ve been procrastinating on for a long time. Laying here made me realize how much I took life for granted. I’m going to ask... no... I am going to demand something of you. And please, don’t say no.”

“Anything.”

“Get back in the ring, dude.”

Augustus lowers his head, “Anything... but that. I can’t risk failing again. Five years Alec I tried to make it big. My own stupidity cost me.”

“Fear is costing you everything. Your knee is fine. You can’t use being unable to walk as an excuse. Doctors cleared you weeks after your own negligence. This is very important to me, dude, please. Wrestling is your dream, don’t let fear stand between you and taking what’s yours.” 

Augustus pondered for what felt like an eternity for him. Alec knew him better than anyone else. Over the past two years, all he ever talked about was how he felt the business did a number on him, that he didn’t feel he was mentally strong enough to push through all the rigors men like him faced. It was a daunting task, for sure. Augustus grabbed his best friend’s hand, squeezing his hand he uttered. “Alright.. I’ll give it one more try.”

Alec smiled. “Thanks dude. Live your dream. Beverly, Augustus, love you both. Can I have a moment alone, please?”

Augustus and Beverly grant Alec his wish...

While this was going on, Persephone was in the ladies restroom. Holding a phone to her ear, she casually says. “Good work.”

Persephone listens to the person on the other end. “My plan will work, trust me, nothing inspires a call to action like watching one of your loved ones experience a traumatic ordeal. Augustus is destined to become a force in wrestling, all he needs is a little push. The real fun will begin.”

Persephone sighs listening to the person on the other end say something that has irritated her. “Leave that to me. Now if you excuse me, Augustus needs a new friend. Bye”

With a smirk on her face, Persephone puts the phone back into her purse. She walks out the bathroom. Heading back to the waiting room  she notices Beverly and Augustus sitting down. Taking a seat next to the man who is unaware she has plans for him, she rest her hand on his knee cap. 

“I’ll stay as long as you need me too. Ok?” Persephone reassures Augustus. 

“You really don’t need--” 

She cuts Augustus off. “Nonsense. If anything happened to my best friend, I wouldn’t push away all the support offered to me. Besides, I informed her our plans needed a rain check, another friend needs me.” Persephone says with a smile. 

Augustus smiles. “Thanks P.” 

Persephone flips her hair. “Anytime.”
----

<Promo Time>

“There is one word that describes Jennifer Helms... limitless.”

“There is one word that describes me... reckless.”

“I was supposed to head to New Orleans, stop by Blackout Academy, sign up, work with there amazing staff for a couple months to get back into ring shape. I haven’t competed in two years, it does make practical sense ease back on the horse. That was the plan. The one thing you’re gonna learn about me very quickly is I don’t tend to follow the script given. I rolled into the Emerge offices, signed a contract, Drew didn’t have a match for me initially. Cool. I could still go to Blackout, work the rust off, no harm no foul, to my surprise I noticed Jennifer Helms wasn’t competing. A light bulb went off. Challenge the former Spirit Champion. I was shocked Drew actually sanctioned the match, I was excited at first. Wow. I am competing for the first time in two years. This is exactly what I have been waiting for.”

“Two days later it dawned me on, shit, I’m facing Jennifer Helms. What the fuck did I get myself into?”

“Here is a young woman who has bounced back from every professional setback she has ever had. Not many setbacks. She went from losing a battle royal to winning a tournament to become Spirit Champion, from losing to Ryan Singer to proving he was full of it, not only is she prepared to prove losing to Tommy Cook was a bump in the road, a friend of hers died. She has plenty to fight for, just like when Christian was involved in an accident, Jennifer showed that suffering a personal setback is not enough to slow her down.” 

“So what possible hope do I have of beating her in my first match in two years? See, pretty reckless asking for this match.” 

“In my first match in two years, facing Jennifer Helms  under ideal circumstances wasn’t going to be easy. Competing with a Jennifer Helms with something to prove who is also fighting for her friend is a limitless storm coming my way. I don’t like my chances, believe it or not, I am good with that. Why you wonder? Because playing it safe is not the Augustus Parker way.”

“I may crash and burn, it wouldn’t be the first time, likely won’t be the last. I am going to approach this match being exactly who I am. Who am I? I am a man who can be a tad bit reckless, I am a man who is way over his head, Emerge from what I’ve gathered is a talented place that houses a roster that could easily hang with anyone competing at Rise to Greatness, tough sell for a man who hasn’t competed in two years? You can’t get anywhere in life hiding in a corner, I refuse to hide anymore, I wasted two years being afraid of looking like an ass.” 

“Confidence is earned, not stolen, I apologize to anyone who was expecting me to come out guns ablazing. I am comfortable enough to concede I have my doubts. I don’t know if I can hang with Jennifer Helms. I don’t know if I have what it takes to make it big. I know this to be true, we’re all gonna have doubts, its pushing through those doubts that matter. So that is what I am going to do, I am reckless enough to push through the noise in my head.” 

“Jennifer, thanks for being gracious enough to not totally dismiss the new guy, I am not the superstars you’ve wrestled before, I don’t have there cache. But I promise you this, you won’t regret taking this match, you won’t feel like you wasted your time, we are going to give the fans a show, that I have one hundred percent faith in.”
OOC: This RP is Part One of Two, it concludes in Willow’s RP.

Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Jennifer Helms & The Beauty Factory Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: 1YTZqRM.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: MDfHaGx.png]

Glamorous Achievements:

- 1x EMERGE Champion
- 1x EMERGE Rush Champion
- 2x EMERGE Spirit Champion
-Finalist in the 2019 Ricky Octavius Memorial Tournament
-Defeated Sabrina Bello in her EMERGE Debut singles match at Invasion: Texas 2018

Singles Record - |W - 26 | L - 5 | D - 1 |
Overall Record - |W - 30 | L - 6 | D - 1 |