The Truelove Twins vs. Red Empire
London & Paris Truelove vs. Ruby Amarant & Scarlet Grey

SCW World Tag Team Championship Contendership Tournament

Winner challenges The Jackass and Big Ass Connection at Rise to Greatness XVI

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 5 PM ET Saturday, July 20, 2019 (this includes pre-show matches)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
ooc: CD only joint effort for the Red Empire. Might seem like an odd choice for this show, but to be honest, we were having difficulty figuring out what to say in regards to dealing with potentially multiple opponents, and we kind of drained ourselves with this CD a lot as it is. There's a reason behind why we did what we did, but you'll see those plans going into motion down the line fairly soon.

Tick... tick... tick...

To Scarlet, that sound was her only company right now, and for lack of a better term, it was driving her mad.

Well, maybe madder than normal.

One would think she would be in a good mood considering what was just on the horizon. In just a few days, she and Ruby would be competing at their very first Rise to Greatness, more than making up for the fact they missed last year's show because of a colossal mental collapse on the former's part she still feels guilty about now in retrospect. It was hard to ignore the high the Red Empire was riding too, considering they were on a tear for the entire leadup to this show and even secured the right to pick their opponents for the impending one-night tournament on the pre-show to decide who would go to the main show and challenge Kandis and Tommy for the gold.

Maybe they were crazy for picking to face the Trueloves right out of the gate, but facing their underlying allies Ryan and Autumn deserved a place in the finals of this tournament for sure, and even though they'd proven twice already they could crush Embers and Ashes beneath their boots, they were tired of dealing with them unless absolutely necessary. Besides, getting rid of the so-called favorites right away would certainly give them more than enough momentum to get what they were finally after.

Right?

As much as Scarlet hated the thought of the Trueloves in general and relished the possibility of facing Ryan and Autumn in the finals and then throwing down with her old friend Kandis and her new fuck toy on the big show itself, she was having a difficult time focusing on the task at hand when her thoughts were more consumed about the Red Empire itself. Or perhaps more specifically... where things stood regarding it.

The voluptuous redhead couldn't deny that there seemed to be a growing divide between her and Ruby lately, and while her partner would respond without hesitation that she was still all for the glory of what Scarlet stood for and aimed to bring to the world, it was getting harder and harder to trust in what she said when she thought about this other woman who was now in the mix. She hadn't said a word about what she'd seen that day in Nashville or even questioned the guitar Ruby suddenly had despite knowing full well where it came from, but for as much as she wanted to trust in her, Scarlet feared the potential collapse of their empire as it currently stood.

To Ruby's credit, she wasn't oblivious about this whole situation. While she didn't say a word to Scarlet about it, she pieced together rather quickly that the way the woman was acting lately was because she'd likely seen her with Maria that day. In a sense, the cat was out of the bag, though the tension still lingered as they hadn't talked about it at all afterwards, only forged ahead with trying to focus on potentially walking out of Rise to Greatness as tag team champions at long last. But without that trust, would there even be a Red Empire to leave that show with the gold? The last thing Ruby wanted was for everything to fall apart again, this time knowing her actions were to blame, but she wasn't simply going to ignore Maria's presence in her life again any longer or the feelings that came with it, and she knew the woman would have some objections to being tied up in some sort of 'empire' of any sort.

Even if she was all for what Scarlet preached, the idea of tying herself down to anyone directing a cause brought bad painful memories of how Maria had lost Ruby, and almost her own life, to begin with.

If there's one thing Ruby hated more than moments where she questioned her own self-worth, it was being torn about a decision she had to make. As far as she was concerned, her whole life up to this point had presneted her with very clear decisions even if others might question half of them simply because they didn't understand. But having to choose between a former life and her current one, knowing the odds of her having both were virtually nonexistent, had her about ready to tear her crimson-dyed hair out.

Knowing the conundrum she was in, Maria had made a suggestion to Ruby that would hopefully clear the air, and while she was hesitant knowing how Scarlet could get, at this point she had nothing to lose. After all, she'd have to come clean to her sooner or later anyway.

Thus, we find ourselves in the present, with Scarlet growing a little annoyed at having been asked to wait while Ruby went to get someone before they had an important chat about what was on the horizon. It was bad enough that she had to sit through a ceremony she could care less about later on, even if getting to compete the next day and hopefully the day after would make up for it. Plain and simple, patience had never been one of her strongest values.

Amarant: I'm back! Sorry it took longer than I thought Scarlet... I have my reasons-

Grey: I'm sure you do Rubes. So what's this even all about?

Ruby picked up on Scarlet's annoyed tone instantly as she entered their hotel suite for the weekend, but she did her best to shrug it off. It was only going to get tougher from here, and she knew it. With a deep breath, Ruby motioned to the doorway, and she was followed in by the same Latina Scarlet had seen back in Nashville, though there was a bit of apprehension in her eyes now that everyone was together. The woman closed the door behind her as Scarlet stretched out on the bed, trying to make herself comfy as Ruby glanced between the two of them for a moment.

Maria: So you're the Scarlet Grey I've heard so much about. I'm Maria, an old friend of Ruby's you could say.

Maria extended her hand, but Scarlet simply eyed it and nothing more. Maria looked a little offended about this, but Ruby placed a hand on her shoulder to try and keep things civil.

Amarant: Scarlet, I know things haven't been on the most stable of ground between us lately, and I know I'm to blame for that. I wanted Maria to be here because... well... I figured it might finally be time to clear the air with you about who I am.

That certainly got Scarlet's attention as she sat up quickly, eyebrows raised as she looked over her partner with intrigue.

Grey: This is information you've been denying me for years no matter how hard I've pried... why the sudden decision to get it all out in the open, especially since you still don't feel comfortable talking about it?

Maria: I'm kind of to blame for that,  señorita. I sort of came across her back when she was preparing to defend her TV title down in my home country of Mexico and we reconnected for the first time in so long. I was hesitant to let her go so easily again since she meant so much to me honestly, but I never meant to cause any tension between you and Valeria.

Grey: Valeria?

That was a name that wasn't familiar to her ears, though Ruby recognized the name and looked a bit surprised that Maria even remembered her old identity at all. Then again, if anyone would, she supposed it would be the one friend she had left from those days, a claim she could never make with anything else from the past.

Amarant: It was... my former name. When we first met Scarlet, I presented myself to you as Ruby Amarant and embraced the identity primarily because I picked up on your affinity for the color red right away. I made everything official in order to hide my previous identity because of some... trouble, for lack of a better term, that Maria and I had gotten involved in.

Maria: 'Trouble' is an understatement considering we robbed a crime lord of his riches and he virtually had the entire Mexican underworld hunting for us.

That was certainly news to Scarlet, who looked both impressed and stunned at the audacity of her patner to make such a move. She got the vibe from this Maria woman, for sure, considering she just looked like a reckless doer as opposed to a thinker like Ruby. But going through with such an act and ignoring the consequences without a plan of any sort? That sounded like a far cry from the woman she'd been partners with for some time now.

Grey: You understand if even I find that hard to believe Rubes.

Amarant: I don't blame you... it's one reason I've been somewhat more cautious since joining you, but one overzealous mistake tends to be the end of one life and the beginning of another for me.

Maria: Forgive me amiga, but you're making it sound as though what happened with us wasn't the first time.

Amarant: That's because it wasn't. Valeria was probably the... sixth name I've taken on? Seventh even? I've gotten so used to this cycle I've lost track, nor do I remember what name I was even given when I was brought into this world.

That's just as much news to Maria as it is to Scarlet, both woman sctually now standing side by side in unity over their mutual shock at what they're learning about a woman who's finally decided she's done locking things away in a proverbial chest of secrets. Ruby looks out the window at the picturesque view of Dallas, though she finds no enjoyment in the sight, only a momentary distraction.

Amarant: It's the way things go with me. For all the intelligence I possess, I simply abandon one life and find something new to latch onto so I can start over. For someone my age, I've already traveled the world and done more, good and bad, than most have in their entire lives. And yet... you both are the only two who have seen me as my worst... the feeling of despair and self-loathing when I've failed knowing I should have succeeded and either want to simply end it all or wipe the slate clean and start over again. I remained as Valeria because I realized I cared too much for you Maria, and only resorted to starting over because it was the only way I could stay safe. And I've remained as Ruby because, even knowing what you know Scarlet, I am not lying when I say you have been one of the most interesting individuals I have ever met, and as outlndish as it may seem I do believe in what you desire: a unified world, even if it's united under the rule of one person.

As Ruby turned around, she wasn't surprised to see Maria raising an eyebrow at that while Scarlet looked a tiny bit offended at the reaction, but the two slowly seemed to soften as well the more they stared each other down.

Grey: I have to admit... I'm a bit surprised to know I wasn't the first Rubes, but Maria here clearly means something to you.

Maria: You're not entirely what I expected either chica, but while I may not be on board with this crazy belief of yours, I can respect the fact you gave my friend shelter when she needed it most. And again, I didn't intend to stir up any problems by coming back into the equation, even if it seems that way.

The two nodded to one another and even shook hands in a sign of mutual understanding, which caused Ruby to breathe a sigh of relief.

Grey: Well, now that we've got this all out in the open now... what does this mean for the Red Empire?

Amarant: That's... the difficult part. I don't honestly know Scarlet, and I can't even begin to tell you thart I have an answer. I want you to know that no matter what happens, I do still believe in your message and will still work to spread it somehow. But... there's a strong part of me that wants to do something I've never done before... return to a past life, go back to being Valeria and stand side-by-side with Maria again.

Maria: truth be told, after watching you ladies compete... I can't help but admit to feeling inspired by what you've accomplished, even if you may not believe it's much. I'm interested in giving the business a shot myself perhaps... as much as I'd love to have Valeria by my side, though, I don't want to feel like I'm robbing you of your precious Ruby.

This is when Scarlet turned away, leaning down on the bed in a pose that, under any other circumstances, would seemed like she was simply showing off her ass to someone in an attempt to bed them. Now, though? She was simply trying to calmly process all of this. That mysterious 'guardian angel' of hers seemed to be right in predicting the end of the Red Empire, but this didn't really seem like an end to her. If she didn't know any better, it almost felt like someone was trying to wind her up to take advantage of her with lies and deceit, something she refused to tolerate or give in to when that was part of what made her who she was to some degree in front of an SCW crowd to begin with. Ruby had been honest with her, and as hard as it was to believe she had no reason not to doubt her word, especially when she'd brought someone with her to corroborate part of her formerly mysterious backstory. Realizing that this didn't necessarily mean Ruby would be gone, and sensing an opportunity to perhaps spread her wings to prove several individuals wrong, Scarlet turned around with a smile, which caught Ruby very off guard.

Grey: The Red Empire will live on... even if it's just me, it will continue. If nothing else, I owe you a thank you and an apology Ruby, for everything that's happened since I've gotten the chance to know you. Who knows? Maybe we'll see a resurgance someday, assuming we don't simply claim the tag titles outright at Rise to Greatness like I know we totally should. But if that doesn't happen... I know the two of you will do as you please and enjoy it every step of the way, and me? Well, this goddess can take care of a few lingering issues of her own without restrictions at long last, I suppose.

While this wasn't exactly what Ruby was expecting, this was the outcome she'd been silently praying for. With all parties at a mutual understanding, a group hug and kiss (which was a bit awkward for Maria at kissing Scarlet, but she got over it quickly enough) sealed the deal, and the plans for the future were formed. Still, there's always the possibility that things could change, but for now, Scarlet was content no matter what her 'angel' told her, and Ruby had a chance to obtain long lost happiness at long last while still doing her best to stay true to Scarlet's vision.

No matter what, at the end of the day it would always be for the glory of the Red Empire, and that would never change.