“The One” Kirsten Scott vs. Chris Lawler
{PROMO}

After Taking the Leap, many have vacated the backstage area, leaving just the cleanup crew to begin preparing the venue for its next hosted event.  One locker room, however, that is not done being used is that of Kirsten Scott, who, since losing to Selena Frost, has done nothing but walk into that room, sit down in a metal folding chair, and even with the advising of Hailey and Emma, has not moved or spoken.  She's simply clasped her hands in front of her, and looked directly at the ground.  A sense of anger, a sense of failure, a sense of any negative emotion you can bring, fills her soul.  Emma and Hailey elect to leave Kirsten alone and simply stand around outside her door, awaiting her to exit, and deciding it is best to just follow her, and keep the words to a minimum.

A cameraperson, however, is inside, and Kirsten knows this.  It films her as her body position simply does not change.  She's a statue in a situation that is difficult to process, and simply continues to focus on her, hoping eventually, the silence is broken.

It was there...

It was right... There...

I could feel it...

I could taste it...

All of the work, all of the effort, everything I had put into this had finally come to a moment where I had EARNED something, again, in my life, and wasn't just handed it because of luck, and next thing I know, it's fucking gone again.  It's gone.  It's not there.  I EARNED a World Title shot that I KNEW, and everyone else knew, I could pull out the win in.  I EARNED an opportunity to prove myself as a viable leader in this organization.  I didn't steal it, like people do.  I didn't demand it, like people do.  I EARNED it.  And then what did I do?

Nothing...

Not a damn thing...

I didn't come up short.  I didn't make a mistake that cost it for me.  I just did nothing, and let Selena Frost walk away with something that she is LUCKY to have in her possession, and deep down, she knows it.  She knows that she initially missed the mark with me.  She knows she had to dig to a place she hasn't with ANY, OTHER, OPPONENT, in order to beat me, and she did it.  So I can't say, I came up just a little be short.  I can't say I did anything but one thing...

I fucking failed...

And I did so on the biggest stage of my life, and for that I sit here and simply say that, it's gone.  My opportunity, it's gone.  Yeah, it may sound fatalistic, but answer me this, am I guaranteed another World Title match, ever?  Am I guaranteed another chance to take out the Frosts in a way that proves the new generation is superior?  For fuck's sake, am I guaranteed ANYTHING in SCW, going forward?

The answer is no...

I'm guaranteed jack shit...

So I failed.  I fucked up.  I let the Frosts get their way, and I'm not going to make the excuses that are out there, and I'm not going to give into the "reasons" people have tried to tell me and justify why I came up short.  Why?  Because they're all fucking crap!  Each and every one of them.  They're all excuses for saying Selena Frost is better.  They're all reasons to say she is superior to Kirsten Scott.  So I fucking don't want to hear them.  I don't want to even entertain them because they're just that... Crap.  They're YOUR reasons.  They aren't mine.  They aren't my crew's.  They're YOURS.  And like assholes, we all have our opinions and they all smell like dogshit, I don't care how much you believe in them, I don't, and I simply look at it in my own way... I failed.  I didn't remove all doubt.  I was the defense, and she was the prosecution, and guess what, my legal team, my words, my actions, MY EVERYTHING didn't cause those who defend her ass to even give me a modicum of credit.  It was always Selena.  It was ALWAYS the defending champion, because it just ALWAYS is...

And so I'm guaranteed nothing going forward...

I'm stuck in a state of limbo that others would look at and doubt everything about themselves...

And yeah, that doubt is creeping in, but ONLY because it's one, single, family... And not because it's that I can't beat them...

And I'm not OK with that... I'm not OK with doubt.  I am not OK with not believing I can overcome ANYONE, and that includes a family who seemingly has my number each and every time.  Because all it takes is once.  All it takes is A MOMENT in time for the script to flip and those who always seemed to be the dominant force to be the once scrambling trying to reclaim it.  But the problem is... Getting to them, having that moment, again, it's not a guarantee.  Nobody in the brass is sitting there thinking, "I guarantee Kirsten Scott and the Frosts will cross paths again," because they have the bigger picture to think about, and let's be real... Now... In their eyes... I'm not a big player.  I didn't come up with the big win.  I didn't upset the unflappable champion, but instead succumbed just like others who have tried before me, and had much bigger resumes to argue their case on.

So like I said... I'm not guaranteed a thing...

Instead I'm put in a position where I have to do everything thrown in front of me, big or small, and overcome it.  I have to achieve a level of greatness that actually makes those people in suits look at me again and say, "eh, let's give her another chance for shits and giggles," because to them, that's ALL I would be.  Is another moment where they could put some fearless underdog in a match where they don't believe there's a snowballs chance in hell that they'd survive.

The intensity in her voice subsides a bit.

But I also acknowledge I'm not alone there... I also acknowledge many feel the same.  We are all facing the same demon in these undefeatable enemeies who we enter into battle with, and we all have this desire, this WANT, to be the one to knock them off their horse.  And this is where I have to change my perspective on things, and accept that nothing is given, but instead, EVERYTHING IS FUCKING EARNED!

Because what I sit here and think about, yes, is Taking Hold of the Flame.  I think about the debut of "The One."  I think about the two years I've made it through a gauntlet and almost begun to ascend to grab the ultimate juggernaut of a brass ring.  And yes, that's something on my horizon for the third time.  Am I guaranteed anything out of it, no.  Like I said, I'm guaranteed nothing.  But WINNING, but grabbing the juggernaut ring, THEN you ARE once again guaranteed something.  And I get that it's the most far fetched idea in SCW because only a handful of people have actually WON it.  It's the ultimate challenge of who can outsmart the rest.  And yes, I've come close, but I haven't won yet.  I haven't been down to that final pairing where the odds go from one in however many are allowed in, to one in two.  But I've come close.  I know the STENCH.  And two years in a row, that stench has entered my nose, so I know there is a chance of a guarantee once again.  And if I come up short...

I'm fucked... What can I say...

So I have to look past what people tell me about the Frosts.  I have to look past the fact that I SHOULD have won, but fate decided otherwise.  I have to look to momentum because it is something that can and DOES carry into that battle royal.  It is something that people lean on as heavily as a drunk on a traffic light post at 4AM.  It DEFINES whether or not you are a contender, or a mere number in the entry and exit tallies come the next day.  So I can't sit here and kill myself, blame others, claim I was robbed, any of that, I have to do what I have done in SCW since the fucking day I came into it, and it's one...

She jumps up, slams the chair shut and throws it against the lockers, making a loud enough sound that Emma and Hailey come darting in to check on her.  They quickly see what's going on, and slowly exit, closing the door quietly, not to change Kirsten's mentality.

... GODDAMN, MOTHERFUCKING, THING, NOBODY ELSE HAS THE FUCKING NUTS TO DO, AND THAT'S SHOW UP, OR STEP TO THE FUCKING SIDE!

So YOU want to take away my guarantee, I'll simply make another.  I'll simply take it a step further.  I'll simply MAKE YOU BELIEVE in someone who is greener than pure Jade in the belly of a Buddha, and make you HAVE to give me what I want.  I'm not going to threaten by hook or by crook, because you've all heard that.  It's cliche.  It's what you expect.  No, I'm going to guarantee it by hurting people, once again.  It's what made "The One" notorious, from the start.  She hurt people.  She physically destroyed people, and THAT included the Frosts, who you want to protect at all costs.  Ask Deanna.  Ask her what happened when Kirsten Scott got ahold of her.  Ask her how much PAIN she felt.  Ask her how much it SUCKED having to have those bones aligned, and then slowly healed.  She will tell you the TRUTH of what it is like to cross me...

And that is going to extend to EVERYONE, and I emphasize EVERYONE, going forward...

You see, plans are in the works for something big... Something bigger than SCW... Something that will bring this business to its knees as it realizes there are those who are willing to fight for something BIGGER and BETTER than it has ever seen... But it will begin at Breakdown...

And it will begin with one of SCW's legends, who have magically reappeared to save it from a hostile takeover, in Chris Lawler...

For the first time Kirsten faces the camera, with a look on her face riddled with anger and determination.

Chris Lawler, you're a name synonymous with the old days of SCW, and magically you've returned to its history books in a modern era that I question whether or not you truly belong in.  Because, to be blunt, things have changed.  This isn't the "old days," where Chris Lawler could skate by and pull off an upset or two.  This is now, something I like to call, REAL LIFE.  This is where the rubber meets the road, and this is where you're effectively putting your entire career, your entire legacy, everything you've accomplished on the line just to do what?  Remind people that you once wrestled here?  Remind people that you were once a pestilence upon the land?  I know your history and I know you amounted to as much as that of a turd in a punchbowl, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have improved since.  That doesn't mean "Modern Day" Chris Lawler is someone different.  But the fact of the matter is, IT DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER IF YOU'RE BETTER.  I'm tired of people coming back, thinking they're some "evolution" of themselves, instead of realizing their peak was far beyond the year we are into...

And that is going to be the case with you, Chris...

I'm coming off of something that has me more pissed off than being underneath a horse with incontinence...

I'm coming off of something that you have never felt the negativity of, at least in SCW...

But here you are, in my path, before Taking Hold of the Flame, before Rise to Greatness, before everything that COULD and WOULD give me the one thing that I say is not there for me, and it's a guarantee, and you're who?  You're one of the past.  You're one of the legacy of SCW.  You're one of those people trying to define the future based on what YOU may or may not have done in the past, and I'm sorry, you son of a bitch, you're not going to ride your trusty steed into Breakdown and not end up being the one tilted 180 degrees and ultimately becoming the one who just isn't pissed off, but also pissed on.  Because that is where I am sending you...

This card, this Breakdown, this moment, this shows where everyone is out for the moment to try and save SCW from actually growing the fuck up, and I am going to be one of the LEGEND KILLERS to end it before it EVER starts.  I thought my match with Justin Davis at Fatal Fortunes would signal to the rest of the "oldies but goodies" to stay away," but I guess I was wrong.  Here comes Sean Prime, as well, along with Chris Lawler to start trying to resurrect an era that is one thing, and one thing only...

IT'S DEAD!

And if it takes someone to be the "bad guy" in the eyes of others, simply to show the truth that time moves FORWARD and not BACKWARD, in the eyes of the fans, I'll do it.  Because in the end, I'm out for one thing... I'm out for my redemption.  I'm out for my guarantee.  I'm out for my moment where Selena Frost isn't given some hall pass to a win because people think she's just "that much better," when she isn't, never was, and never will be.  She's mid.  She's average.  And I was suckered into believing the hype, and now it's my time to, not just END THE HYPE, but END THE FROSTS, one and for all.  And while it may not begin with them, and begin with Chris Lawler, it will END with them, and if someone else doesn't beat me to it...

I GUARANTEE I WILL DO IT AT RISE TO GREATNESS!

Kirsten shoves her hand into the lens of the camera, pushing the camera man back, and forcing the scene to go to black.
[Image: W4cpQhO.png]
-------------------------

Overall Record: 26-20-4   |   2024 Record: 7-3-1

-------------------------

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SCW Television Champion - 10/13/22 - 12/8/22 (56 Days)
2023 Trios Tournament Champion (w/ Adam Allocco & Kimberly Williams)

SCW Television Champion (2x) - 07/06/23 - 11/02/23 (119 Days)

Messages In This Thread
RE: “The One” Kirsten Scott vs. Chris Lawler - by TheOne - 04-24-2024, 02:56 AM