The 2020 World's Best: Tag Team Tournament Information/Sign Ups
Tournament Structure
• The tournament will take place in four phases across four weekends.
• The tournament will be a round-robin style tournament, with the top-scoring teams from each pool facing off in a single-elimination tournament. The number of entrants will dictate the number of pools and the number of finalists. This will be updated when the list of entrants is finalized.
• Pools will be randomized.
• Winners of matches will be rewarded 3 points.
• Draws will result in 1 point rewarded to both teams.
• Losers of matches will be rewarded with zero points.
• All matches will be standard tag team matches.
• Any further questions can be asked on this general tournament forum.

Tentative Schedule (Subject to Change)
Monday, 3/30: Sign-Ups Deadline @ 11:59:59 AM EST

Phase 1
Thursday, 4/9: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 4/10: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 4/11: Round 1 in San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Coliseo de Puerto Rico
Sunday, 4/12: Round 2 in San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Coliseo de Puerto Rico

Phase 2
Thursday, 4/23: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 4/24: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 4/25: Round 3 in Kingston, Jamaica @ Sabina Park
Sunday 4/26: Round 4 in Havana, Cuba @ Coliseo de la Ciudad Deportiva

Phase 3
Thursday, 5/7: 1st Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 5/8: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Saturday, 5/9: Round 5 in Honolulu, Hawaii @ Stan Sheriff Center
Sunday, 5/10: Round 6 in Honolulu, Hawaii @ Stan Sheriff Center

Phase 4
Thursday, 5/28: 1st Deadline  @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Friday, 5/29: 2nd Deadline @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Sunday, 5/31: Taking Hold of the Flame, Finals in Newark, New Jersey @ Prudential Center

Roleplaying
• For each phrase, there will be a 3 RP limit.
• 1st RP Deadline will be Thursday Night @ 11:59:59 PM EST before the events. This will serve as the deadline for the first two possible rps. Your team can post up to two rps but cannot surpass a combined 7000 words in total. This means you can do a joint RP of 7000 or two separate rps that when combined equate to 7000 words. It can be a mixture of CD and shoot.
• 2nd RP Deadline will be Friday Night @ 11:59:59 PM EST before the events. The final rp will be submitted to me through PMs at Adamsama and will be posted along with the show. This should be treated like a shoot/backstage segment for the show that will be made public as part of the results and placed immediately prior to the match. The word cap for the final RP will be 1,000 words.
• Plagiarism of any kind will be an automatic disqualification, this includes self-plagiarism (aka reposting old material).

Judging
• I will be the sole judge.
• Given the format of the tournament, in the case of extremely close matches that I cannot decide where I would otherwise ask for the second opinion, I will determine the match a draw.
• My judging philosophy isn’t far off from SCW’s current scheme and will be used throughout the tournament. 
• All RPs are judged as a whole, meaning you have a right to forgo one or the other, it will not hurt against you. 
• Listed below is modified SCW’s judging criteria that I will consider when judging.

Quote:Roleplays are judged by a mix of creativity (is it unique to the character? Is it a new way of doing a certain concept? Is it fresh in the landscape of roleplays in SCW?), match relevance (promo content, references to the match, how certain angles affect how the character’s life develops), character development (what is learned about the character? What is being focused on? Is the character unique?) and effectiveness (Are promos delivered well? Is the content communicated in a way to good effect? Is it a bad idea done well? Is it a good idea done poorly?). We also stress that we tend to promote a realistic product and therefore that may limit the effectiveness of certain content.

• In addition, the emphasis I will have in judging is the interconnectivity of the story between tag team partners and the exploration of the team dynamics in the process. BE CREATIVE!
• I will view repetition negatively in my evaluation of RPs, such as the final RP repeating points as established in prior RPs. Since I treat both RPs as a whole product, if you are repeating yourself in RP 1 as you would RP 2, it will be viewed negatively. If you're adding a twist in the second to deviate from your first then it shouldn't be a major concern.
• Expectations for the final RP. This should be the opportunity to use as part of the show; this doesn't need to be an outright promo, but can be a backstage segment further introducing your character or a hype video of your character. Formatting should be script-style such as you might see in SCW results. I am not going to judge against deviations in the differentiation in noting action and dialogue; however, when the show is posted, I will have converted all submitted rps to my format in order to have consistency on show.  
• Any further questions can be asked on this general tournament forum.

Shows
• In terms of kayfabe, the first three phrases will broadcast for free on Twitch, presented by Supreme Championship Wrestling and sponsored by Infamously Dangerous Rum.
• Since this is an interfed event, I thought I should explain my outlook on the 'prestige' of feds as I will handle them in the results. This shouldn't be viewed as a slight against you or your home promotion as this is all in-character. Center of the written universe for Best in the World is going to be, of course, SCW and will be treated as a global wrestling promotion such as WWE in reality. Farther away from SCW, its sister feds (GCW/Emerge) will be viewed as the top independent feds such as TNA/IMPACT and Ring of Honor. All other feds will be treated as independents.
• As I mentioned in the judging, final rps will be converted to fit in the style of the show for consistency purposes.
• Expect most finishes to be clean, meaning clean submission and clean pinfalls.
• I will try my best to reward everyone for their efforts by writing your character; even with no shows, I won't bury anyone.
• For any additional questions, please ask on this general tournament forum.

Sign-Ups
• To sign up your team, post the following in this thread:
Quote:Handler Names:
Tag Team Name:
Members:
Home Promotion:
Alignment:

Gimmick:

Entrance Music:

Entrance Description:

Primary Tag Team Finishers:

Signature Tag Team Moves:

Short Biography:

Links to Individual Member Bios:

Messages In This Thread
The 2020 World's Best: Tag Team Tournament Information/Sign Ups - by Adamsama - 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM