Poll: Do you support this new RP format?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
72.22%
13 72.22%
No
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wanting your thoughts: Changes to SCW roleplaying
Hi all,

I've been giving some things some thought. There are a couple of things I should emphasize as to why I'm considering this:

1) The roster is aging but also has a lot of greater responsibility outside of the fed
2) A number of people have noted the growing issue of finding time to properly commit their characters or they suffer from burn out.

I've already made some changes to the schedule, namely adding an extra week off before pay per views. At the same time, SCW is a relic. I've made no secret that I am stubborn, having run SCW a certain way now for nearly 18 years. This includes a lack of word limits on roleplays and an encouragement for people to write as they wish (within certain parameters). But hearing that others are turning to other feds (for completely legitimate reasons) and that SCW hasn't recruited much fresh blood as of late, despite our reputation for being a strong, competitive fed with a lengthy track record, I've started to think very seriously about SCW's future. Simply put, for it to continue, it needs to rejuvenate in one way or another. Either it needs new fresh handlers to provide an influx of new ideas, stories, etc. or it needs to be friendlier to existing handlers in our circle to be able to commit to roleplaying and, I hope, enjoying SCW...or it needs to be both (and ideally, this would be the case).

As a result, I've debated changing the roleplay rules in SCW, but with a twist. For those of us who have been in the game a long time, pay per views were traditionally seen as the show people went all out for. Why not reaffirm the classic parts of the hobby we fell in love with while making the week to week less onerous?

So I propose the following option:

- Word and rp limits for Breakdown (2000 to 2500 words per RP, with 2 RP limits for singles is what I would propose - this allows enough room to tell a story, and also write a strong promo);
- PPVs only have a RP limit (allowing roleplayers to focus more on ppvs);
- Non-TV title title matches (so World, US, Tag and Adrenaline) would also operate under PPV rules, thus emphasizing their importance.
- TV Title would only be defended on Breakdowns and operate under BD rules, making it unique by emphasizing this new format.

My hope is that this would allow handlers to still be involved week to week, with less commitment, be friendlier to new handlers who may want to join SCW but are turned off by the lack of word limits, while allowing still an emphasis on storytelling and strong promo writing broadly-speaking, and especially for more important matches and events.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Wanting your thoughts: Changes to SCW roleplaying - by supremecw - 05-20-2021, 11:09 AM