SCW World Championship Gauntlet
==========
February 12th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

“The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock is the bearer of a heavy conscience after she and Selena Frost failed to finish the job that Frozen Hell started in the tag team league. Hell, they didn’t just “not finish the job”, they couldn’t even make it out of the blocks. Braddock and Frost lost in the semi-finals to the Psychonauts, Jordan Majors and Cookie, and could not even make it to the final round. Glory has been competing actively since 2008, she has taken her fair share of losses, but this one stings because she didn’t have to be in that spot. She wasn’t even supposed to be in that spot; it was supposed to be Selena and Regan in the semi-finals and had it been them, maybe they would have gotten the job done? But thanks to Xander Valentine, Regan was on the shelf for the foreseeable future and Selena needed a new partner. Glory Braddock was supposed to be that partner and she failed. When it mattered most Braddock could not get the job done. She failed Selena and she failed Regan.

Glory Braddock had failed.

This was supposed to be part of her redemption; redeeming herself in the eyes of her fans and redeeming herself in the eyes of SCW management. Through most of 2020 the formerly popular superstar had gotten full of herself as she bought into her own hype as being “The Best in the World.” She ran with the likes of Sienna Swann and The Beauty Factory. She cheated Peyton Rice at Rise to Greatness to become SCW Adrenaline Champion. Now the guilt of everything she has done is coming down upon her. She lost the Adrenaline Title to Shilo Valiant, who now threatens to make a mockery of it and everything it stands for. Selena Frost tried to trust The British Bombshell but Glory let her down. Braddock let the fans down. She let Supreme Championship Wrestling down. If this is supposed to be a redemption tour then it is failing miserably.

Even this upcoming gauntlet match, a World Championship opportunity created by none other than Ace Marshall, even this match fails to lift the spirits of The British Bombshell. She should be happy about yet another chance to become World Champion. But the guilt is overwhelming, the pressure to succeed is becoming too much to bear, and Glory is beginning to falter. She couldn’t beat two opponents at Rise To Greatness to become World Champion, she couldn’t beat just one opponent at Apocalypse to become World Champion, how can Glory Braddock possibly believe that she even has a chance to overcome fourteen challengers in this chaotic gauntlet match?

Greatness is expected from her family. Her father was an amateur wrestling legend and a popular professional on the European circuits. Her cousins, Angelica and Kayla Jones of the Jones wrestling dynasty, were both former world champions. Glory Braddock herself is an accomplished grappler with many accomplishments and achievements to her credit, but thus far the one brass ring that has eluded her is the SCW World Championship. Her failure to capture that brass ring, along with all of her recent failures in these past several weeks, have led Glory Braddock to doubt her own greatness. It is leading her to question her very future in this sport.

Silence can be deafening, especially when guilt weighs heavy upon your mind. This is the case for the blonde beauty who sits in her office at the Miami, Florida headquarters of her company, currently known as Global Wrestling Enterprise. This company, her business, this is one of the few bright spots that still remain in her life. She may doubt herself and question just how much she has left to give to the sport of professional wrestling but she knows she can still do a ton of good in the position she sits in now as the owner and CEO of GWE.

As expected from someone who grew up in and around wrestling, her business centers around wrestling. Half of the company is devoted to running a promotion while the other half is devoted to training the next generation of professional wrestlers. Helping the dreams of young, up and coming wrestlers come true is what Glory’s father Glenn Braddock would have wanted and she is happy to make those dreams come true through the efforts of her company. But now her vision is about to expand to include modeling. Modeling was never something Glenn Braddock ever got interested in during his lifetime. Glory herself never cared much for it, even when she was briefly aligned with The Beauty Factory. As a result she initially was reluctant to even consider the idea when it was proposed by her company president, Francis Taylor. Things changed the more Glory learned about the deal…

Apparently Francis Taylor had learned from Ronald D. Kennedy that the modeling agency owned and operated by Kayla Jones-Snow, Glory’s first cousin, was having financial difficulties and was on the verge of going bankrupt. Kennedy, who preferred to be known as RDK, insisted that Glory and Francis could easily buy them out and add the modeling agency to their company. Upon talking with Kayla, Glory learned that RDK was either intentionally sabotaging the company or was just completely incompetent at his job, either way RDK was involved and bore responsibility fo the agency going under and wanted to help Glory buy out the modeling agency just so he could save his own ass and ultimately become the head of the modeling agency himself.

Glory Braddock may not be that knowledgeable about the modeling industry, but her cousin is, and her cousin wants to keep this agency alive. It is her dream, always has been. And these models who work for her, they have dreams too. Glory will do whatever she can in order to help these dreams stay alive. So she will buy out the modeling agency but much to Francis Taylor’s chagrin, RDK won’t be coming along for the ride. Kayla Jones will remain on as the head of the modeling agency.

Silence is still in the air of this clean as a whistle office in Miami, Florida. The walls are an off white cream color and the floor have a rough grayish carpeting. Glory’s desk is by a large window where she can see the sights of Miami. To her left and right are two large bookcases, full of books. Paintings and portraits decorate the walls and there is a large plant by the door. The British Bombshell is sitting at her desk in a black swivel chair wearing a black sleeveless top, a white knee length skirt, and a pair of black patent leather high heel pumps. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to past the shoulders.

She is joined in the room by her cousin, Kayla Jones-Snow. The redhead Boston native is wearing a scarlet red dress with half sleeves and a hemline that stops just at the knee. She is wearing open toed high heel shoes. Her long ginger locks are pulled into a ponytail in the back and she has a scowl of anger that you might expect from an angry redhead.

“Where is she?!”

“Give her time, mate. She’ll be here.”

“You trust her too much.”

Braddock sighs and nods her head. “I admit that I have trusted the wrong people in the past. But Francis [Taylor] hasn’t done wrong yet. And hopefully she will have a good explanation about this whole business regarding your modeling agency and Kennedy.”

“She’d better because I’m telling you, Glory, I am in no damn mood to be diplomatic. That bastard tried to ruin my company…”

“Allegedly.”

The Boston native rolls her eyes. “Yeah, right,” sarcasm is dripping from her voice.

“I know you’re upset and you have every right to be upset at Kennedy. Whether the bloody fool was pure incompetent at his job or whether he intentionally tried to run you into the ground, you have every right to be mad at him. But we do not know what Francis Taylor knew. She may be ignorant in all of this as you were.”

Kayla studies her cousin for a few moments, still skeptical of Braddock’s optimism. Jones then furrows her brow out of curiosity. “And what happens if you find out today that Francis knew more than what she was letting on?”

“If she was in on this, even just a little bit, and didn’t tell me then her ass is fired. Francis is replaceable.” Glory reaches out and clasps Kayla’s hand tightly. “Family isn’t.”

Kayla smirks knowingly as this loving, warm moment between the family members is shared. But it ends rather abruptly when they hear the doorknob turning. Kayla and Glory both put on their game faces and brace themselves for what will be a tense conversation. Francis knows only that the buy out of the modeling agency will happen she just doesn’t know about where RDK fits into this. Francis expected RDK to be the one who runs the agency once the buyout happens. She is in for a rude awakening.

Braddock and Jones watch as a platinum blonde straight haired woman walks in wearing a sleeveless black dress with a hemline that stops just at the thigh and a black blazer. She is perched atop black high heel pumps. This is GWE President Francis Taylor and she is grinning from ear to ear as she was expecting to hear of the good news about the buyout of Kayla’s modeling agency.

That smile quickly turns into a frown as she notices Kayla herself sitting in the office. “Oh...Ms. Jones…” Francis looks up questioningly at Braddock “...uh, I thought…” Francis is completely taken off guard, which is unusual for an expert businesswoman like herself. Braddock motions to an empty chair next to Kayla.

“Sit down, Francis. We have a great deal to talk about.”

Francis and Kayla lock eyes, and they never cease to watch one another as Francis slowly moves towards the empty chair. The platinum blonde sits down in the chair and sighs as she crosses her legs and folds her arms over her chest. She sighs deeply and then looks over at Glory.

“I thought this was just me and you, Ms. Braddock. So why don’t we address the elephant in the room?” She motions to Kayla. “Why is she here?”

“Because it’s my modeling agency you wanted to steal you bi…”

“Kayla, hush.” Glory says sternly. Kayla glares daggers at her cousin but reluctantly obliges and keeps quiet. Braddock turns her attention back to Francis. “You are a smart woman, Francis. Surely you had to know that I would find out about this eventually, didn’t you?”

“Find out what?”

“Find out about RDK.”

“Kennedy?” A lightbulb goes off over Francis’s head as she realizes now what this must be about. “Sorry that I didn’t mention him earlier but I didn’t think you would care where the information about this deal came from. The deal, the buyout of Kayla Jones’s modeling agency, it is going to be a tremendous deal for our company. Who cares where I got the information from?”

“I care!” Kayla exclaims, again speaking out of turn. “I care because…”

“Kayla…” Glory says sharply. Again Kayla silences herself. Braddock turns back to face Francis. “Francis, look, I hired you to be the president of this company because you are very good at business. You are far better than I am. Unfortunately you are so good at business that you have become disconnected from certain things that are more important to business...namely, family. I told you I would not approve of this deal until I spoke with my cousin first because I knew this modeling agency was hers. After speaking with her and learning how passionate she was about it, how could I possibly allow myself to become the person who kills her dream? I was going to drop it altogether until I met Ronald Duane Kennedy. He’s the one who filled me in on his involvement in this, how he was the one who clued you in on Kayla’s failing agency.”

Francis nods her head, confirming the suspicions. “Yes, RDK told me about it. But so what?”

“But did you know that RDK worked for Kayla’s agency as its Chief Finance Officer? Did you know that either through inept decisions on his part or by intentional sabotage, he bears most of the responsibility for Kayla’s modeling agency going under?”

The platinum blonde president of the company’s face goes white as a sheet. Her eyes grow wide with shock at this news, news she clearly had never heard before. “What?! I...never…”

“Don’t play innocent!” Kayla snaps. Francis shakes her head vehemently.

“I had no idea. Look, we were friends from our mutual interest in business. I met him back when he was a wrestler and I did help him get started in business after he quit wrestling. But I had no idea he had moved on to your modeling agency. If I had known I never would have asked him to jump on board with our plan.” Francis looks over at Kayla, and the redhead still looks skeptical. Francis looks over at her boss, Braddock, and she too looks skeptical. “You gotta believe me.”

“I don’t like the fact that you didn’t tell me everything you knew. Some of this could have been avoided had you just told me about RDK’s involvement from the start.” Glory begins in a lecturing tone, as a mother might lecture a daughter. “But you’ve never done me wrong before. Just next time do not leave out any details, ok? Am I clear?”

“Crystal clear, Ms. Braddock.” Francis says apologetically. She offers her hand out to Kayla for a shake but Kayla shakes her head, refusing the handshake.

“Glory trusts you and that’s good enough for me, but I’m still pissed.”

“May we please put this behind us so we can get down to business?” Glory asks as she gazes at both women. Kayla sighs and nods her head, as does Francis. “Good. Now Francis, you will be happy to know that my attorneys are working on the legal documentation as we speak which Kayla will sign in order to bring the modeling agency under the GWE umbrella. But there is one caveat.”

“Oh?”

“You wanted RDK to be in charge of the modeling agency. That’s obviously not going to happen. Kayla here will remain in charge of the agency. I may own it but Kayla is in charge of it. In fact, since you admitted yourself at our first meeting that you didn’t know much about the modeling business either, you really shouldn’t have any say over the modeling agency. This is why Kayla will be your equal within the company. She answers only to one person and you are looking at her.”

Braddock turns to face Kayla. “You do understand that since you are now in such a lofty position within the company, a position that even puts you in above Tabitha [Silverstone] in terms of authority, that you will be unable to wrestle for GCW any longer due to conflict of interest?”

“I understand.” Kayla answers, nodding her head.

“I hear you and understand all of this, and I agree with all of it,” Francis begins “but I would like to make one more proposal. Due to the fact that this is no longer a company basing itself solely on professional wrestling, I feel the name Global Wrestling Enterprise no longer fits. Don’t you agree?”

Braddock nods her head. “You make a point, but what do you suggest?”

“I suggest something near and dear to your heart; Glorious Golden Entertainment: GGE. That should be the new name of our company.”

The initials “GGE” are known to The British Bombshell. Glorious Golden Era is a faction Glory Braddock ran in another company, alongside Neil Newman and Kyle Butler. Those who have followed Braddock’s career would recognize and appreciate the nod to the group with this rebranding. Braddock nods her head in agreement.

“I agree. Our new name shall be Glorious Golden Entertainment, Francis Taylor as President of our wrestling operations which includes the promotion and the school, and Kayla Jones-Snow as President of our modeling operation. Are we all in agreement?”

“Agreed.” Francis says.

“Agreed.” Kayla answers, still not letting her eyes off of Francis Taylor. No, this may not be the perfect team when you consider how betrayed Kayla feels right now and how paranoid she will continue to feel having to work with Francis Taylor. But at least her dreams of operating this modeling agency can still happen. And Glory Braddock, for her part, feels happy that even if she is failing in the wrestling ring at present time, she is still succeeding at making other dreams come true. Things are looking up.

==========
February 13th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

It’s a warm Saturday morning in Miami, Florida. Glory Braddock sits in a green patio chair out by the pool of her fancy home. The warm rays beating down from the sky above creates the perfect atmosphere to get a tan or take a dip in the pool and swim some laps. Braddock instead just sits here in a loose, floral print sun dress, flip flops, a pair of sunglasses over her eyes, and a hat covering her head. With the exception of some minor road noise off in the distance it has been fairly quiet all morning and Braddock is pleased with that development. The British Bombshell wants this time to herself to sit, meditate, and think.

Primarily she is thinking about the future, a future that includes a bold new step into territory she has never set foot into before; the modeling industry. It is a business she knows next to nothing about and getting her company involved in it is a risky business but she is confident in her cousin’s ability to run the modeling agency. Besides, this isn’t about Glory’s own selfish desire for personal gain. For Glory she wants to help keep her cousin’s dream alive. Modeling saved Kayla’s life and she wants to give back to the industry and help other young girls like her. That is her dream. Glory Braddock wants to help preserve Kayla’s dream and if that means putting her own finances, her own company even, at risk to keep Kayla’s dream alive then so be it. That is what this is about for Glory Braddock; helping others and caring for others more than herself. That is when Glory Braddock is truly at her best, when she is helping others.

Beyond the risk that is the modeling agency there is also the challenge of the gauntlet match on SCW Breakdown for the World Championship. It is a future that The British Bombshell would rather not think about right now. It is one she has been trying to avoid, to be perfectly honest. Doing business with Francis and Kayla yesterday was a godsend for Braddock because she could use it to distract herself from the gauntlet match. Why would Braddock want to distract herself from focusing on what could be one of the biggest matches in SCW this year?

If you could look beyond those sunglasses that cover her eyes you could see the answer; you would see doubt written across the eyes of Glory Braddock. For the first time in a very long time Braddock is unsure of herself. She isn’t even certain if she can lay claim to being the Best in the World any longer after she has failed time and time again to get the job done in clutch situations. She has been choking under pressure when it mattered most. This is why Glory Braddock is nervous about the gauntlet and why she would rather not think about it right now. Yet thoughts of the gauntlet are even now returning to her mind. And she knows that she needs a distraction.

A smile creeps across her face as she hears the creaking of a door coming from behind her. Footsteps are heard across a hard surface. Braddock then turns her head ever so slightly and spots the arrival of her two guests, one of which is her cousin, Kayla Jones-Snow. She is dressed for the occasion in a pair of short-shorts and a red tank top. There is a new face with her, someone Braddock was not expecting. This is a female, who appears to be very young...at most twenty one or twenty-two. She has light brown hair that is long, down to the shoulder blades. She is dressed in an oversized white t-shirt and it is obvious that underneath is a bathing suit of some sort. Clearly this newcomer was told she was coming to a pool.

“Hi Kayla…” Glory says before looking over at the visitor “...and who is your friend?”

“Glory Braddock, meet Fiona Osbourne; she is one of the models still with the agency. Fiona, this is Glory Braddock.”

Fiona is clearly nervous as she meekly holds out her hand and quietly speaks “Nice to meet you, Ms. Braddock.”

“Ah, call me Glory, mate.”

“Uh, right, I will Ms. Bra...I mean, I will Glory.”

Glory chuckles lightly. Kayla gently elbows Fiona in the side. “It’s ok, Fiona. Glory isn’t rabid. She won’t bite.”

“I promise I’ve had my shots.” Glory takes Fiona’s hand and they shake. Fiona’s voice is trembling as she tries to find the courage to speak to The British Bombshell.

“Uh, may I...um…” she points to the pool “...Ms. Snow told me about the pool and...um…”

“Yes you may go for a dip, love.” Glory answers with a nod of her head. Fiona smiles a weak grin before turning around and taking the oversized t-shirt off, revealing a two-piece purple bathing suit. Fiona then dives in headfirst and begins to swim laps around the pool. As soon as Fiona begins her swimming Kayla finds a nearby patio chair, a green one that matches the one Glory is sitting in, and sets it down next to Glory. Kayla sits down in the chair next to her cousin.

“Sorry about bringing along a guest, but I didn’t think you’d mind.”

“No need to apologize, mate. I mean, it is probably good that I get to know the models now that I’m technically working in that business now too. But who is this Fiona? Who is she really?”

“That’s another thing. I’ve taken a special interest in her because she reminds me a great deal of myself. She comes from an abusive foster home where her foster father was a drunk. Her foster father also had connections to the modeling industry, saw his new foster child was drop dead gorgeous, and decided to try and take advantage.” Kayla turns and looks over at Glory. “Sound familiar?”

Indeed the story does sound awfully familiar. Kayla ended up in foster care after the death of her mother and being abandoned by her biological father. Her foster father, an abusive drunk named Oliver Hardy, had many connections with powerful people, including people in the modeling industry. He used Kayla to make money to further support his drinking habits. Eventually Kayla was able to free herself from Hardy, as soon as she was old enough to support herself. She would continue modeling a for a couple more years but that would eventually introduce her to professional wrestling and the rest, as they say, is history.

“Sounds like your life story.”

“Bingo. So yeah, you can see why Fiona does have a special place in my heart.” Kayla sighs. “Gosh I want to see her succeed so badly. I’m so glad she decided to stick around with us and not to drink RDK’s kool-aid.”

Braddock arches a brow out of curiosity. “Is that bloke causing trouble again?”

“Ever since he got wind of this merger and that he was on the outs he began talking to the girls. He’s been trying to fill their heads with lies about how I’m old and washed up, how my ideas and visions are out of date and that somehow his radical new vision is better.”

“What IS his vision?”

“That’s the thing, I’m not sure he even has one!” Kayla exclaims with a laugh. “To my knowledge he never had the first clue about modeling when I hired him. I brought him purely for his knowledge of finances and that was it.” Kayla scowls. “And that is another reason I think Kennedy was sabotaging me. He knows finances well. He isn’t stupid.”

“Are any of the models buying any of the crap he’s selling?”

“Unfortunately, yes. They think he is their ticket to a quick and easy payday but I keep telling them it isn’t as easy as RDK makes it sound. But you know it is? The allure of fame and fortune is hard to avoid.”

Braddock sighs and nods her head. “Believe me, I know. It led me to making some bloody terrible decisions, decisions that nearly ruined friendships and caused me to waste two Trios contracts.”

“Speaking of Trios, what about Ace Marshall’s cash in coming up? You’re in it, right?”

“I’d rather not talk about it.” Braddock says, shaking her head.

“Why not? I would think you would be thrilled that you get a World Championship match?”

“Kay, I have had TWO world title matches thanks to Trios contracts I won on my own. I failed both times. Now I’m getting another opportunity, gifted to me by Ace Marshall. I don’t deserve this. Hell, I’m coming off losing the Adrenaline title to Shilo and then falling flat on my face to Jordan and Cookie in the semi-finals of the tag team league. I do not deserve this opportunity.”

“But you have the opportunity. Seize the opportunity and…”

“And what?” Glory asks, staring stoically into her cousin’s eyes. After a few moments of pause to let the question sink in Glory just simply shakes her head. “I’ll just fail. Again. That’s what will happen.”

Braddock leans back and sighs out of frustration. “Sorry, mate...but like I said, I didn’t want to talk about this.”

Kayla studies her cousin intensely for a few moments. She is about to speak but decides against it. A knowing smirk forms upon the face of the redheaded Boston native. An idea is in her head. “Tell you what, I’ll go inside and let you two have some alone time.”

“Huh?” Glory asks curiously, wondering what her cousin meant by that. Before she can get an answer she looks and Kayla has already left to go back into the home. Braddock then hears the familiar sound of water splashing and then footsteps on the hard surface. This is an indicator that Fiona has emerged out of the pool. Braddock turns her head in time to see Fiona approaching. The young model notices that the seat next to Glory is empty. She motions to it before meekly speaking.

“Is uh...Ms. Snow…”

“She just stepped inside for something.”

“For what?”

“No clue, mate.” Glory motions to the chair. “But sit down if you want.”

“Are you...are you sure it’s ok?”

“Of course. My chairs, my rules.”

Fiona smiles nervously as she approaches the empty chair and finally, after a momentary indecision, musters up the courage to sit down. Glory looks over at Fiona and can tell she is still nervous. She can’t imagine why. Braddock decides to break the ice and perhaps get to know Fiona a little better.

“Have you always wanted to be a model?”

“Well…” Fiona blushes “...not exactly.”

“That’s odd, isn’t it? Do you dislike modeling?”

“Oh no, no, no...please don’t think that Ms. Braddock...sorry! Glory! Don’t think that Glory!”

Fiona is clearly embarrassed as Glory starts laughing out loud. “It’s ok, love. It’s ok to do something else you enjoy or do something you feel you have to do for whatever reason, just so long as you remember your goal and continue to work towards that goal. That’s what my dad always told me. He would always tell me to remember my goals and keep those goals in mind no matter what twist or turn the road may take. Granted he was a wrestler, not a model, but the same principles apply, I suppose.”

“Glenn Braddock said that?”

“Yeah, he…” Braddock just notices that Fiona used her father’s name. How would she know her father’s name? “...wait a second…”

“Oh God, I said too much!” Fiona blushes furiously as she quickly gets up from the patio chair and starts to walk back to the edge of the pool. She sits down with her legs in the pool. Glory gets up out of her chair and cautiously approaches the young Fiona. Braddock kneels down so that she is right at the same height as Fiona.

“Fiona...what is your dream? If modeling isn’t your dream, then what IS your dream?”

“It’s stupid.”

“No it’s not.”

Fiona sighs deeply. “Fine...it’s wrestling.”

“Really?”

“Wrestling was always my passion. Problem is wrestling doesn’t get you a big payday unless you make it to the big time. And my foster parents were dicks, especially Todd my foster father, and he only wanted to use me to make a quick buck. So he forced me into modeling.”

“How old are you now...if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Twenty-two. And yes, I moved away from them. That’s partly why I am so loyal to Ms. Snow; she helped me get away, she helped me support myself so I could strike out on my own. But my passion still is and always will be wrestling. I am determined to one day make that dream a reality. The other models think I’m crazy. They think I should stick to modeling because its easier. But I know my dream and I will stick with it.”

Fiona looks up at Glory Braddock and grins from ear to ear. A tear is rolling down the younger woman’s cheek. “That’s why I am so honored to get work for you now, Ms. Bra...I mean...Glory. Obviously I am a fan of Ms. Snow’s work in the ring but you were always my favorite. You were my inspiration especially during the rough patch of my life when everyone from my foster parents to my own peers in the modeling business kept telling me that my dream was impossible. Because you kept getting knocked down but you never gave up. You were hit with some of the most devastating losses, from your dad’s death, being removed from power by your company’s board of directors, bitter family betrayals, and you fought through it all to stick true to your dream. Even now despite being on a losing streak you have your eyes on the prize. You are still focused on your dream. You are an inspiration.”

Hearing that heartwarming speech from young Fiona adds further guilt to Glory Braddock. Imagine what Fiona would think if she knew the truth? What would Fiona think about her ‘inspiration’ doubting herself and questioning whether she should even continue, questioning the point of even seeing this gauntlet match on Breakdown through? Braddock isn’t an inspiration. She is a coward.

That is when Glory’s eyes immediately grow steely-eyed with a cold determination. Fiona is a reminder of Glory’s purpose in life; her purpose isn’t to merely fight for the purity of wrestling or to receive a fifteenth world championship. Glory Braddock’s purpose is to inspire millions like Fiona. Glory’s purpose is to help dreams come true. Is there still a place for Glory Braddock in this business? Yes, yes there is.

Braddock reaches out and places a hand on Fiona’s shoulder. “Fiona...I will do everything I can within my power to make sure that your dreams come true. And do not listen to what anyone tells you, because if you have the skills, the ability, and the determination then you can do anything. That’s what my father taught me and I still believe it. If you have the determination then I know between Kayla, myself, and my wrestling school we can get you the ability. Your dreams will come true.”

Tears are now flowing freely down Fiona’s cheeks as if a well had erupted. Fiona stands up as does Glory and the two embrace in a tight hug. “Thanks!”

Upon breaking the embrace Fiona decides to go back into the pool for another few laps. Glory smiles warmly as she turns around. The British Bombshell comes face to face with her cousin. Kayla Jones has a smug smirk upon her face and her arms are folded over her chest. Braddock knows immediately that this was a setup all along.

“Manipulate little brasser, you are.” Glory says with a smirk of her own. “Did you tell Fiona to…”

“Not at all.” Kayla shakes her head. “I knew Fiona looked up to you, I knew she wanted to meet you, and I also knew you needed someone to talk you out of this funk you’ve been in. And believe me, you have been in a funk. It’s hard not to notice it. I just brought Fiona in hoping that you two would eventually find time alone together and that she would say something that would spark something in you, hoping that she would say something that would remind you just who the hell you are.”

Braddock chuckles lightly. “Well your risk paid off.” Braddock leans in and embraces Kayla in a hug. “Thanks, mate. You have no idea how badly I needed to hear that.”

Upon breaking the embrace Kayla places her hands upon her hips and stares questioningly at her cousin. “So, about that SCW World Championship?”

“I’m going to win it. No excuses, no cop outs, no settling. I will win it or else…”

“Or else what?” Kayla asks with her eyebrow arched curiously.

“...or else there’s nothing. I win or nothing at all. It’s that simple. I’m all in for SCW Breakdown. World Championship or bust.”

==========
February 16th, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio
On Camera
==========

Gray clouds cover the sky overhead in Cleveland, Ohio, creating a somber mood in what would ordinarily be a bright cheerful day in this park. Another factor adding to the dreariness of the setting is its vast emptiness. You can see swings, see-saws, and other parts of a playground where children would usually be playing, benches are also scattered nearby where their parents would ordinarily be watching them. But this park is quiet, empty, with an almost solemn feel, the feeling one has just before impending doom. The silence is broken with the sound of approaching footsteps. A few moments pass before “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock steps into the stage from the right. The blonde is dressed in a purple jacket, a white blouse, denim jeans, and black boots. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to just past the shoulders. Her face is stoic, emotionless, or perhaps solem? Solem to match the environment she has set foot in. The British Bombshell turns and approaches one of the black iron benches and the camera follows. Braddock sits down on the bench, leans back, and crosses her legs; meanwhile the camera negotiates itself to where it is facing her. Glory stares deep into the camera, her expression still doesn’t change. She remains intense and focused.

“Something special happens Thursday on Breakdown. Obviously it’s a gauntlet match, chaos from the mind of Ace Marshall cashing in his Trios contract, and obviously it is a SCW World Championship Match. That’s what it is just on the face. Being purely materialistic, that’s all that happens on Breakdown. But if you peel back the onion you’ll see that there are layers beyond just the material. Now I’ve heard a lot of talk about what that is; and I think it changes depending upon who you talk to. For some this is a very special night. Jordan Majors, Kimberly Williams, and others have never been able to say that they have been SCW World Champion. For some this is the closest they’ve been to the main event picture of Supreme Championship Wrestling in a long ass time. For others this is just another day in the office. Now don’t get me wrong, I know Selena Frost wants to be World Champion very badly, I know she respects what the World Championship stands for, but she’s won it before, she’s a Supreme Champion, she’s done it all here in SCW. So another big time marquee match like this gauntlet is nothing new to her. Same thing with Syren and Ravyn, the bitches from Infamous.”

Braddock motions to herself. “But what about me? I have had a lot of time to think about that and I will be perfectly honest with you, my first reaction was the predictable one; finally! Another opportunity to be world champion! I lost the Adrenaline Title to Shilo Valiant but so what? Now thanks to that bloody fruitcake Ace Marshall I can redeem myself and win the World Championship! But then Selena Frost happened, and the tag team league loss to the Psychonauts in the semi-finals happened, and I was jolted right back to reality. And the reality is that I have been living a lie ever since Rise to Greatness XVI.”

“See this gauntlet coming up on Thursday is a result of Ace Marshall’s twisted mind but it is also because of his Trios Contract. Ace is a unique individual, he has pretty screwed up ideas, but do you think Sasha would ever have booked this insanity of her own free will? Do you think she would have willingly given so damn many people an opportunity at the World Championship all at once?” Braddock pauses to let the viewers consider her question before eventually giving them the answer with a shake of her hand. “No, Sasha and SCW would never touch a match like this. Only Trios can make this happen.”

“Now there was a time when I thought a match like the one Ace booked was laughable. There was a time I thought it was degrading to the prestige of the SCW World Championship. At one point I would have mocked Ace for using his Trios in this manner. But then I look at my own previous Trios cash ins. I mean, I have won Trios in back to back years, so I have a history with those bloody contracts. My first cash in was to insert myself into the Rise To Greatness XVI main event against Syren and Alistaire for the World Title. I did it because I didn’t think Alistaire could get the job done, I did it because I felt I was the only one who could stop Syren’s reign of terror. But the end result was Alistaire Allocco proved me wrong by defeating me AND Syren to become World Champion.”

Braddock holds up two fingers. “Then comes my second Trios cash in over a year later, at Apocalypse. David Helms had just become World Champion and I felt that he was unworthy of being champion. The words I used to describe Helms were ‘ancient monolith’. I felt his time had come and gone and that he should step aside and that I would send him packing into retirement. But again I was proven wrong when David beat me to retain the championship. And I really haven’t been the same since. Sure, I was Adrenaline Champion for a time but I eventually lost that to the bloody loon Shilo Valiant. I had another opportunity to form a team with Selena Frost and I screwed that one up to. But that last failure was an eye opener. I came to realize that this entire time from Rise To Greatness XVI until now I have been trying to be someone I am not…”

“...The Best in the World.”

Braddock chuckles lightly. “Funny...I never thought I’d ever say that, but it’s true. I am not the Best in the World. It is the one lesson I never truly learned from my late father. Glenn Braddock was an impressive amateur wrestler and most of his peers called him Britain’s Best but did he ever call himself that? No, he didn’t. He just competed. He fought whoever he had to fight and let the people make up their own minds. He let the chips fall where they may but he was never arrogant, he was never condescending. He lifted people up, he lifted this sport up but me? For far too long I have been lifting myself up. I have been trying to hoist myself up onto the pedestal of Best in the World. To be the Best in the World I had to become World Champion and so it became an obsession. That’s why I really used my two Trios contracts on myself to get a world title match. I did it for my own selfish gain. I did it because I have been obsessed with becoming World Champion.”

“You look at me and my past, you look at the other promotions I have been in and you will see that I have held fourteen other world championships. But the SCW World Championship is the one mountain I have thus far been unable to climb. It had become my Mount Everest and I needed to reach the summit. I needed to conquer this mountain. Having a dream or a goal is fine, but when that dream or that goal turns into an obsession it can destroy you, and in my case it caused me to forget who I really am.”

Glory Braddock stands up to her feet. Her facial expression changes slightly as a little more intensity and emotion seems to form. “But now I know who the hell I am. I am ‘The British Bombshell’ Glory Braddock! I am a woman who grew up surrounded by wrestling, a woman who loves getting in the ring and wrestling week in and week out for all of my friends, my family, my supporters, and most importantly my fans, all of my fans out there who never forgot what Glory Braddock really and truly stood for even when I did.”

“And this Trios cash in from the lunatic mind of Ace Marshall, this is what Trios is all about. Creating opportunities and possibility making dreams come true. Do you think Jordan Majors, who kicked some major ass last week and has had some spectacular matches against Sienna Swann, someone like Jordan who knows she is on the precipice of greatness would love to use this to make her dream come true? Or my own cousin, Kimberly Williams, she has never been a world champion. She has never even had a world title match in her career. And while some dim bulbed, self-absorbed bitches may not think she matters, the fact is that she does matter and she will do whatever it takes to achieve her dream of winning her first world championship. My old sparring partner Asher Hayes, he has never been World Champion either, despite having the talents and caliber to get the job done. I’ve been in the ring with him, I’ve gazed into his eyes and look into his soul, I know he would love to become World Champion.”

The British Bombshell shakes her head. “Unfortunately this is where I have to be the bearer of bad news, this is where I have to tell the world that The British Bombshell is also the woman who will shatter the dreams of each and every individual in that gauntlet. Because that’s the thing about Trios, it CAN make dreams come true but it is never a guarantee to make dreams come true. Only the person who wants it the most will be able to go the distance, survive this chaotic gauntlet, and walk away with the SCW World Championship. It won’t be Syren or Ravyn who have no heart or soul to even speak of, it won’t be Datura who isn’t consistent enough with her dedication to SCW, and it damn sure isn’t going to be the self-absorbed bitch of a World Champion we have now...and Bree, you have to know that your time is running out. Your reign as champion is coming to an end. There is no way you will survive this because there are fourteen other competitors with more heart than you, more determination, and who care about this sport more than you who will sacrifice anything and everything to win. You may go a long way in this gauntlet, you may even come close to surviving, but you won’t survive. You will not retain. That I guarantee.”

“And another thing I guarantee is that the one person who has enough will to win, who has enough endurance to go the distance, is the British Bitch talking to you right now! I have to because this is my personal Mount Everest that I have to climb, that I have to conquer. And it is only fitting that this chance comes not in the form of a one on one or even a triple threat, but a match where I quite literally have to overcome just about the very best SCW has to offer. It isn’t going to be easy, as I have tried to make it on myself the previous two Trios attempts. This time I have to overcome overwhelming odds. But this time I know who the hell I am, this time I am confident, and this time I know it will be a different story.”

Braddock bows her head and closes her eyes. She is silent for several moments as she considers her next words. These are tough words, difficult words that she has thought about for several days, and still isn’t sure if she should say it. But finally she lifts her head and opens her eyes and here eyes still have that same determination as before.

“I am so confident that I here to tell each and every one of you that I am all in for Breakdown. This doesn’t mean I am fully committed to Breakdown and the gauntlet, although it is true that I am fully committed. When I say that I am ALL IN I mean it in turns of gambling. Ask any gambler what it means when you go all in...it means that you are pushing every last chip you have in your disposal into the pot. That means that either you win and live to fight another day or your game of Texas Hold ‘Em is officially done. You see, I am tired of settling for ‘almost’, I am tired of the excuses, I am tired of the cop outs. Most of all, I am tired of not conquering my Mount Everest. So on Breakdown, I will conquer Mount Everest, I will become SCW World Champion, or I will LEAVE Supreme Championship Wrestling.”

Braddock bows her head and shuts her eyes a second time before silently muttering her catchphrase “Sic Semper Tyrannis…”
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
The Dark Side of the Sun

”The Price For Admission”

Office of the Mayor
Nome, Alaska
February 16th, 2021
1:13pm

She had been sitting in that lobby – she quickly flicked her wrist to gaze at the black, Nixon Kensington watch strapped there to be sure – two hours. Yes, she was certain she had been there at least that long because when she had sat down and checked her watch when she had first arrived, she had noticed how the little hand of the watch pointed at eleven and the little hand pointed at the big hand pointed at the one to make an asymmetrical ‘V’ that she thought was cute.

Which meant that this would be the third time in as many hours that she needed to get out of her chair, crimson and leather, and need to walk the stiffness out of her legs…

With a quiet sigh, Selena pushed against the black material of her pant suit, using her knees to stand and fighting back the groan that threatened to leave her throat as the blood in the rest of her body began fully rushing down her legs, reawakening her toes. She adjusted the buttons of her top, redoing them up to cover part of the white undershirt she wore. Her hair was pulled back into it’s iconic Frost-braid, with the top pushed forward a little show a bit more volume. The only thing that the woman needed to further complete the “business woman” look would be a pair of glasses – though her eyesight didn’t require it, so it wasn’t worn.

Slowly, Selena took a few steps across the lobby, taking in the same details she had for the last two hours: potted plants that looked more fake than real, pictures on the wall of the mayor shaking hands with various people she knew from Nome, Alaska. Everyone knows everyone…nothing to really brag about… Selena thought until a sound behind her grabbed her attention, her black heeled shoes turning with her to observe the maker of the noise – the secretary lowering her plain white cup of coffee onto her desk which was covered by the attached ‘lobby-counter’.

“Must be some meeting, huh?” Selena remarked at the woman, crossing her arms as she regarded the woman. The secretary merely nodded her head, but otherwise didn’t acknowledge her. The same woman had told Selena, when the platinum-blonde had arrived, that the mayor was in a meeting and would not see anyone until it had concluded – and to add a nice little ‘cherry’ on top, when Selena had mentioned her name and asked when the meeting would conclude, the secretary had merely shrugged her shoulders in response.

Oh it was beyond rude, Selena was certain of that. She had called the mayor the second she had finished her conversation with Talia days ago (she had used Talia’s phone to make use of the ‘personal family number’). Of course, even for Talia’s phone number, there had been no pickup, which was fine with the young Frost, who had left a clear message.

It’s Selena. I’m coming in to see you. I’ll be there Thursday. Make time.

After so many years of dealing with that bastard, Selena knew how to deal with him. This wasn’t the mysterious “Frost/Frostmere clan” or Fredric Castle… no, those had/were people that Selena knew very little…

But Malcolm Scythe? Oh she knew him. She knew this man.

And direct was the only way that she would get anywhere with him. Still, that she had walked into a meeting that was still running and waited for two hours to see him? It’s freakin’ Nome! What the hell could they be talking about that needs two hours to discuss?! ‘Should we change the dead-end on the side of Horton’s into a parking space or leave it as is? DISCUSS!’

She didn’t laugh at her own humor, but she did find it amusing, picturing all the crusty, old men sitting at a big table, huffing and wheezing their breaths out as they pretended to give a damn about Nome or its residents. Yeah, while people like my father and I were freezing during the winters – which ran year long… Selena grumbled in her thoughts. These asses were probably basting in their private saunas like cooked turkeys!

She kept her arms crossed over her chest as she leaned against one of the pillars that stood as part of the wall. There was only one large window in the room and it stood just to the right of the door, meaning Selena had no desire to walk over to it just for the secretary to assume she was going to the door again and respond “he’s not done his meeting yet” in that high-pitched, whiny voice of hers-

Gods, and I thought Syren talking was bad. Selena rolled her sapphire eyes. 

She knew that she was risking much, in terms of her career, by doing this – at least in the immediate short-term. Breakdown, and the World Title Gauntlet match, was just two days away and instead of being in Cleveland, preparing to face any of 14 other wrestlers, she was here. 

To say that Selena was worried about the match would have been an understatement. I mean, it was one thing to be realistic – considering odd of winning either through a lucky draw, luck of will, or sheer stamina – she had accepted that. She knew the odds were heavy against her in regards to emerging as the World champion, and she still, a few days after her last promo, hadn’t grown any more confident that she could. Quite the opposite, after spending her travelling time listening in to the first few promos that some superstars had shown, Selena was even less confident that she stood a chance, though she did her best to hide it.

But she couldn’t blame them. People like Kimberly and Jordan – they had never held the World title before, both them coming close in the past but not quite succeeding. But the way they had spoken – with such conviction and confidence… faith in themselves… Selena missed that. She craved that again. Craved to have an ounce of their optimism, but the past year had slowly, bit by bit, stripped her of it until only a shred remained – enough for her to stay in the match where Cookie Dreams had chosen to decline. 

But losing? That wasn’t what terrified the young woman. Hell, there would be 14 people that would be right there with her if she did – some of whom could easily be friends of hers. No, what worried Selena had been the same plaguing notion in her head for the past year. Being fazed out, being forgotten, being seen as nothing more than a ‘replacement’ or something to that effect. The constant presence of that notion had been what had been killing her enthusiasm to go to work, her love for her sister, Regan, being the sole driving force, which was gone now with Regan’s injury…

She gets lost in the melee and becomes the ‘Face of Milk Cartons’!

She had heard that comment somewhere, thought she couldn’t recall. Youtube? The SCW Forums? No, Twitter was more likely. Still, Selena had read and heard much worse and yet, this one, it had stuck with her. Not the ‘Face of Milk Cartons’ thing – that was just a bad joke… and ‘Dairy Queen’ would have been so much funnier! No… the remark of her being lost in the melee…

That was her fear. Just being ‘one of the many’ that was swept under the rug, another endeavour where she was just a statistic rather than a standout for what she believed in, what she worked hard for…

Again, despite herself, the thoughts of returning home to Oberwessel appeared and were just as attractive as the last time she considered. The reminder that she was wanted there. Needed there. Part of a family there… it was why she was here in Nome now… for her family-

The door opened, immediately grabbing Selena’s attention as, before her eyes, dressed in a suit but not as pressed and clean as hers – or maybe it was just the colors of black and orange (dress shirt) that made it seem off - stood the mayor.

“Ah, Selena.” Malcolm grinned, rubbing his hands knowingly. “Have you been waiting long?” the smug smile, if it could, seemed ready to grow right off his face. It was merely the truth rearing its ugly head upon the young woman.

There was no pretending between them. No exchange or ‘imitation’. The hands had been revealed from the start – the second Selena had made that call and left that message. Selena would never have come back here – to the town part of her hated – unless she needed to and even less likely was her deliberately seeking out the man she hated far more than the town. No, the way Malcolm Scythe smiled, the way he regarded the slightly shorter woman with a tilt of his head… It was all an affirmation to the truth that he was the holding with the power in this meeting.

“Do come in.” he beckoned with a turn, his back now to Selena as he retreated back into his personal office space, leaving Selena to follow him, and despite her desire to march in with authority, the young woman fought against it, steeling herself, steadying her posture and walking gracefully into the office, her heels clicking against the marbled floor.

As she crossed the threshold, however, she was taken aback for a brief moment. Not due to the familiar opulence of the space (a self-glorifying office for a man like Malcolm) but rather how devoid it was of… well, anyone except them.

Did that son of a bitch make me wait out here just to…

“Tell me…” Malcolm asked, moving around his desk to sit in his maroon and gold trimmed chair. “How is my daughter-in-law doing?”
“Recovering.” Selena replied simply, refusing to expose her emotions. She wasn’t going to let him see her flustered or thrown off. She refused to give him the satisfaction. “She’s been in good care.” She added

Malcolm gave a nod as he reached out for something on his desk. With a flick of his wrist, he plucked up a simple letter opener while his other hand retrieved the “stone” it was ‘embedded’ in. Turning the ‘stone’ around, he began running the blade of the – Selena couldn’t call it a sword, and even a knife seemed too much. It was a letter opener, pure and simple – letter opener against the stone’s side, as if sharpening it.

“I suppose that is good news.” He remarked to Selena’s earlier words. “Though quite frankly, I don’t know why you or those castle groundkeepers put in the effort.” He added matter-of-factly. “It’s not like she has done you any good.”
“We both know that’s not true.” Selena stated simply, staying in her spot in front of the desk.

“Oh?” Malcolm asked. “Has there been new developments? Is your wife out of prison? Are my grandchildren reunited with their mother – well, their other mother, right?”

Selena remained silent, her jaw slowly clenching as Malcolm, taking her silence as a cue, continued to run his letter opener against the stone in his hand. “All is well here.” He sighed. “Thank you for asking.”

“I didn’t ask.” Selena replied. “We both know I care very little about this town and even less about you. Those that DO matter to me, I contact personally.”

“Yes, like your Uncle Liam?” Scythe asked, though his eyes kept on his ‘knife’ and ‘sword’ as they worked. “Or perhaps Jean and Zoe? Did you know they’ve begun talking about marriage plans again?”

Selena sighed and rubbed her temples with her hand. “Are you done playing, Malcolm?” she asked. “Because I’ve already had enough of these games after waiting two hours.”

The old man smiled at that, his trim beard moving a little with his expression, the black, gray and white colors are standing out to Selena’s sight. “Duty calls, my dear.” He simply shrugged. “We all must do what we must do – obligations and all that.”

Slowly, Selena crossed her arms over her chest. “Then get to it then. What do I have to do to get the files?”
“Files?”
“Malcolm…” Selena warned. “Remember that I STILL hold some power over you.” She stated. “It wouldn’t take much for me to bring THAT to the light. But as it stands, you and I had a bargain on that… but if you keep pushing me with this ‘playing dumb’.”

“What did you expect? Hmmm?” Malcolm asked with delight, pushing himself out of his chair and onto his feet. “Positions of power, however temporary, are to be savoured. Tell me I’m wrong.” His eyes narrowed. “The day you strolled into my office with all you knew – taking your time, drawling out each word and savouring it – do not lie to me and say you didn’t.”

Both were silent as Malcolm strolled around the large table that served as his desk. “People like us, Selena, like your step-mother, when we see victory in our grasp, it isn’t enough to simply take it. We need to savour. Enjoy it. Be patient with it because once it’s gone, it’s gone.”

Selena opened her mouth to speak but then suddenly closed it – because, dammit, she couldn’t deny it. She had savoured standing over Xander Valentine when they fought at Rise to Greatness, and gods, how she had loved standing above him after the End of the Year match, it being her kick that, once again, was the final shot that took the bastard down! 

And yes, she had enjoyed taking down Malcolm Scythe! Why not? Didn’t she have a right too? The man had tried to kidnap her children, threatened her wife, and killed her stepmother, Anastasia! He deserved far worse than that but she wasn’t strong enough – and maybe never would be – to do something about it.

Still, as the mayor stood there, arms crossed over his suited chest, leaning against the desk, Selena pulled back any objections or anger she felt. They would do her no good in this.

“Fine.” Selena stated. “But does it feel deserved, Malcolm? If it weren’t for Talia handing those files to you, accidental as it was, you wouldn’t really have anything, would you? In fact…” her tone slowed, drawing out each word. “I’d say that you owe Talia quite a great deal for the ‘power’ you think you have over me.”

“As you owe Anastasia for the power you had over me.” Malcolm stated.
“Oh I do.” Selena agreed. “But I’m not ashamed to say that my step-mother, my wife – my family – and I beat you, Malcolm. Can you say that? That you AND your daughter-in-law beat me? That the woman you banished, saw as a bad investment, put you in a position of power that you, alone, couldn’t achieve?”

It was Malcolm’s turn to have his expression sour. 

“Well, go on!” Selena encouraged. “I said it. Let’s hear you say it!”

Silence met her, causing a knowing smile to come across her face. “Oh…” she mocked a little. “You can’t, can you? Hmmm, you know you remind me of someone I work with.” The platinum-blonde mused, pacing through the office space, her eyes kept away from the mayor. “She, too, has had tremendous power of me – over a lot of people – in the past. And yet… it’s all with the help of other people. Associates… or family… always different.” Selena sighed. “So many people like that and yet they have the same thing in common: They can’t admit how much they need those people. How they would have nothing without those people giving them the tools and the power…”

Running her hand along the cushioning of a nearby chair, Selena turned back around to regard Malcolm. “I find that rather debilitating, don’t you? Savouring victory is one thing but if you are so egotistical that you can’t acknowledge others that helped you, if they did – then that’s just a lie you need to keep feeding yourself over and over again, don’t you? Keep pretending even when it becomes more and more blatantly untrue. I can’t imagine such delusion… it borders on insanity, don’t you think?”

“Well…” Malcolm replied slowly, shrugging his shoulders, the tension in his face suddenly gone. “I don’t know about that.” He asked. “You’re more the expert on such matter, right? Do you still look at snowmen the same way?”

The remark caused Selena to scoff without meeting to. “Low hanging branch much?” She asked. “Is that what we’re reduced to, Malcolm? How’s your sons doing? Gavin still renounced you? Ryan-“
“Don’t you mean ‘Adrian’?” Malcolm teased, using the name Selena had called the mayor’s son when they had been in love and engaged.
“No.” Selena replied coldly, sapphire eyes narrowed. “I mean Ryan, nice try though.”

“Well, I can honestly say that, as a father, I’ve done all I can for my sons. One is set to inherit much of what I have and the other… well…” his eyes went dark, boring into Selena’s. “At least I made him smart enough to know not to play with fire.”

Mommy… it hurts… it hurts so much…
I know, my snowflake, please be strong… we’ll get through this…
She won’t take the gloves off now… she’s too afraid to show the damage.
I wish I could fix them for you, my darling… But I’m not… not strong enough…
They’re hideous… just like me…

There it was, and Malcolm saw it in Selena’s eyes. The raw nerve, the button, going too far… and he knew he had. “Is this where you kick me in the head?” he asked, a slight shake in his voice.

“I’d certainly like to.” Selena growled darkly.
“I know.” Malcolm smiled, was there sadness in that smile. “I will not apologize, but I will end this prattling game once and for all and we can focus on terms after you answer me something. Alright?”

She inhaled deeply through her nose, her mind twisting and repeating her mantra without hesitation. Conceal… Don’t feel… over and over again, trying to quell the rage that reminded her of when she fought Xander or when she fought Bree Lancaster, but far more intense.

“Ask.” She ordered. “But if you keep wasting my time, I am leaving.”
“Indeed.” Sighed Malcolm, his age actually showing for a moment. “We both overstepped.” He stated. “We both have egos and both will become defensive, won’t me? Always fighting to get the last word in?”

“Just. Ask. Your. Question.” Ordered Selena, stressing each word.
“My question is: have you looked into burn surgeries for Elsianna?” 

The question caught Selena off-guard, forcing her to remain quiet as the older man continued. “Burns like that, perhaps surgery-“
“Stop.” Selena warned. “I already tried. And if there was a way, I’d have done it.”

For a brief moment, Selena thought she saw the barest hint of sadness in Malcolm’s eyes, but it was gone in a flash as the man nodded his head. “Very well.” He replied briskly, moving back around to his desk. A second later, he had opened a drawer and produced a small, red USB drive, placing it on top of the desk before Selena’s eyes.

“Is that…” sapphire eyes widened.
“Yes.” Stated Malcolm. “I even had it decrypted for you.”
The young woman’s head jerked up, eyes wide, as she heard those words. “You did?!” she asked in disbelief. “How?!” 

“Please, child.” Scoffed the mayor. “All of Talia’s contacts came from me. For every one ‘hacker’ she knows, I know ten. It was not difficult.”
“Does it…” she paused, unable to stop the hope that spiked in her chest. “Have you read it?”
“Yes.” Malcolm admitted. “And yes, therein lies the key to free your wife.”

A myriad of emotions bombarded Selena as she stood there, the key to her wife’s freedom – their reunion – within her reach: disbelief, doubt, fear, hope – all bounding together before settling on one thing, one resounding image in her head: Taking her beloved him, holding her in her arms and never letting her go again…

Before she knew it, her hand reached out, shaking of it is own accord as she felt tears stinging under her eyes. 

It all stopped and faded away in a second as she felt a withered hand, Malcolm’s press over hers gently, surprising her for a moment that it was warm to the touch. “Ah…easy.” Malcolm spoke, his tone, surprisingly gently, as if to guide Selena back to reality. “We both know it cannot be that easy.”

The words hit, but they did not hurt. Now that she knew that whatever was on that drive could free her wife. Slowly, though, she withdrew her hand, her mask of poise slipping back into place until the hand was back at her side. She lifted her gaze, staring back at Malcolm, her eyes devoid of the emotion she had just held. “Your price?”

“There we go.” Malcolm smiled amused.
“What is it, Malcolm?” Selena asked. “Money?”
“Don’t need it.”
“The mine?” 
“No.”
“You can’t have my children.”

“Oh please.” Malcolm laughed. “No, what I want is simple and yet… far from easy.” He strolled back around to Selena’s side. “I want this to be over between us.”
“It is over.” Selena stated. “It was over when I-“
“No, Selena, you’re not getting it.” Malcolm stated. “I want this to be over on MY terms. With ME as the victor between you and I.”

Selena was quiet, trying to process what the man was asking of her. “How? You don’t want my money, my family, the mine – there is nothing else I can give you.”
“Oh… there is one thing.” Malcolm stated, his eyes focused on something Selena couldn’t pinpoint. “Something only you have. Something that you would never willingly surrender unless you were… beaten.”

It wasn’t until he had finished that statement that Selena realized how close the man suddenly was. So close that she felt the letter-opener, shaped like a magical sword, drifting up the side of her body. Her mind was instantly alight with what inferences, each one disgusting her down to her core.

But when the blade came across her shoulder and pulled – Selena’s eyes widened as she felt the target of her enemy become apparent, the thick braid of platinum-blonde hair tumbling over her shoulder to rest against her chest…

23 years ago
January 13th, 1998
Nome, Alaska

Anastasia DeCarlo had not enjoyed how the day had turned out. Besides the fact that it was another day in this poor excuse for a town, she had broken a heel in her shoe while going grocery shopping – a job that, in her youth, had gone to the servants in the DeCarlo home in Anchorage – causing quite a tumble, and wound to her pride, to the ‘low class’ that saw her. 

With a huff, as she continued to unpack the bags of food, stuffing them into various places within the fridge, her eyes caught side of the broken shoe she had tossed into the trash upon returning home, having to suffer an awkward stumble the rest of her walk through the small store and to her car. Along with it, she had tossed the other shoe, despite its good condition. Still, one didn’t keep just one ‘shoe’, no sane person, anyway. She would have Donovan buy another pair and if he didn’t, then she would go out later and get some.

Donovan…

A long sigh escaped her as her movements stopped, her eyes on the fridge’s contents but not truly there, looking past them into the space before. Why? Why did she have to continue on through this mess of a life? She hadn’t wanted this! To live the life of a pauper. She was supposed to be part of the DeCarlo family! Part of the one of the wealthiest families in Alaska! But no, she had been told to give that up. Give up her share of the fortune for a fucking miner and his damned daughter.

The blonde woman bit her lower lip hard, drawing upon the pain for focus. It wasn’t that she hated Donovan, himself. He was, in the basic definition, a good man. Honest, hard-working, if not misguided, but they both knew that he was unworthy of a woman of DeCarlo blood. The Frosts were commoners that had some rich heritage – diluted as it had become – that both her family and the family of the Scythes desired. For, regardless of how powerful and rich one was, there was always more power to be had. More riches to be gained.

So, an alliance between the three families had been forged, the marriage of Donovan and Anastasia to unite the DeCarlos and Frosts, and then, when she came of age, Selena would marry Gavin Scythe and be the final piece of the puzzle. 

That end – that day – would be Anastasia’s reward. The responsibility of union would shift to Selena, whether she remained in this hellhole or not, and she had no desire to. Her father, Robert DeCarlo had assured her more than a fair sure to ‘compensate’ for the years of misery that she had endured already, and the ones that awaited her. But for now, she needed to suffer in silence, with her broken shoe.

The knocking on the door was a welcome distraction, the woman finishing her task to get up and move to the front of the hill-house that was the home of she and the Frosts. A second knock had begun, but stopped immediately as Anastasia reached for the doorknob, giving it a good twist and pulling the door open.

Before her eyes stood a man she did not recognize, gray pants and some kind of sweater, around her age, she wagered. Beside the man, had a much shorter height, naturally, was a child she did recognize – even with the muck that covered her face.

“Mrs. Frost?” asked the gentleman.
“Yes? Why is my daughter here and not in school?” she asked briskly, not in the mood for a long-winded introduction or explanation.

“I’m afraid there was a bit of a tiff at school today.” The man explained. 

It was only at this point that Anastasia chose to take a good look at her ‘daughter’ – this time observing the details. She saw hair – hair that was far more blonde and platinum than hers – looked stick in some places, with stains of brown all over it, matching various splotches on the little girl’s clothes. Lastly, there was a rip in the shoulder of one sleeve, the sleeve itself hanging on by just half of its seam. 

“I see.” Anastasia settled on replying before casting a cold glare to the man. “And where were the staff when this ‘tiff’ was occurring?”
The man cleared his throat before speaking. “Well, Mrs. Frost, we are watching several children and, sometimes, we can close track-“
“And because of that incompetence, this occurred. Do you have any idea how much these clothes cost?” she asked briskly taking a section of the uniform’s ripped shoulder, not noticing the child wincing as she did so. “Is the school going to be reimbursing us for this?”

“Well…” the man tried to answer.
“And what precautions are being done to prevent this from happening again?”
“Well, we will be speaking with the parents of the boy, also.”

“Oh, I see. So when this happens again, as it inevitably will if ‘talking’ is all you’re going to manage.” She chastised. “Who will pay for THOSE clothes? Hmmm? Is it not your job – your minimum wage job of… what is it? ‘Parental supervisor’? Of course, that sounds more fancy than just ‘glorified babysitter’ but, I can tell you, if a babysitter allowed this to happen, a simple ‘talk’ would be far from the result. They’d be fired in a second because they FAILED in the job I am paying for!”

The member of the school – or whatever he was, Anastasia couldn’t care less – stood there dumbfounded, his expression reminding the older woman of those mindless fish in the aquarium, their mouths flapping open and clothes and little else.

“Your name.” she ordered.
“Ethan.” He stated. 
“Last name too, now.” 
“Hanton.”
“Fine.” Anastasia replied, placing a hand on the child – who had remained quiet the entire time – and pulling her inside the house. “I recommend you stay by your phone and have your resume ready, because you won’t have a job to fail if I have anything to say about it.” 

The slamming of the door was the exclamation point, Anastasia pushing her hand up to her forehead to rub her temples with her thumb and middle finger. With a few deep breaths, she turned, eyes boring into the small girl that stood there.

“Well?” she asked, staring down the much shorter girl. “What do you have to say for yourself?!”
“I…” the girl tried to speak but her voice warbled a little. “I’m sorry.” She said.
“Sorry?” Anastasia asked. “Is that it?”

“I’m… I’m really sorry.” Selena tried harder, the nine-year old shaking a little as she stood there. “It wasn’t my fault.”
“The implication being that whatever that is jumped on you and made a home on your hair and clothes?” Anastasia shot back, her voice cold and emotionless.
“N-no…” Selena shook her head. “It was Gavin again…”

“Gavin?” Anastasia asked, her eyes widening. “Gavin Scythe?!”

Selena gave no answer except nodding her head, causing Anastasia to mentally scream a slew of curses that no child should hear. Why the hell was Malcolm not doing anything about this?! The boy had been harassing her ‘daughter’ for some time, if what Selena and Donovan had told her was to be believed. Hell, why hadn’t DONOVAN done anything about this?! 

Gavin was supposed to be married to Selena when they came of age! That was the plan! So why the hell was this being done?! At this rate, Selena would grow to hate the boy and then what?! All those years of lower-class living… for nothing?!

“He poured his chocolate milk on me.”

The confession came from Selena, who kept her eyes focused on the small shoes covering her feet. At least it explained what that gunk was covering her.

With a groan, Anastasia shooed her daughter away. “Go take a shower. Your father and I will have a talk about this.”
“Am I grounded-“
“I don’t know what you are yet, but I’m not in the mood to answer those stupid questions.” Barked Anastasia. “And if you’re not going to obey me, I can just ground you now-“

“Sorry!” Selena cried out, scampering down the hall to her room to grab a new set of clothes. Within a few minutes, the sound of running water was heard from the bathroom, leaving Anastasia, once more, to her thoughts.

This would need to change. She had given up too much and sacrificed more years than she cared for – nearly a decade – for this to fall apart. 

Still, as she stood in the room, Anastasia was quick to note that the situation wasn’t complete unsalvageable. Selena was obedient and was terrified of her mother becoming upset – she could be made to forgive Gavin and get along with him, in time. She would have to have a word with Malcolm at some point – thought she doubted the old cod would do little to discourage his ‘boys will be boys’ mentality.

For a moment, the woman was grateful her daughter was not willful or rebellious – that was the last thing she needed from her ‘daughter’. Selena was good pawn in the plan, provided she never questioned her worth or sought to change it…

The sound of soft cries drifted into Anastasia’s ears, surprising her for a brief moment due to being deep in thought, that she, for a brief moment forgot that someone else was in the house beside her. The whimpering persisted, which only irritated her further. With a curt march, she made the short distance down the hall of the house to the door that held the bathroom, her hand up to knock, telling her daughter to stop crying… until a hiccup/cry sounded from the room.

For some reason, perhaps it was the pitch of the sound or maybe it was just hearing it so closely, but it didn’t irritate Anastasia like the others had. Instead, her mind replayed the image of Selena before her at the door minutes ago:

A ripped sleeve…from being shoved and pushed the ground?
Chocolate milk all over her… from several little cartons? Several students?

Perhaps it was the notion that she was living in her own hell, but the realization that Selena was too… she didn’t have the strength to yell at the child. She didn’t have the desire to tell her to stop being an ‘inconvenience’ to her.

Maybe she wasn’t her daughter… but everyone else in Nome thought she was. There was enough of a resemblance to pass… and it wasn’t like she wanted any children with Donovan…

The idea seemed to form slowly in Anastasia’s mind as she stood before the closed door, hearing the mixture of water and whimpers. Yes, Selena was a pawn… but if Anastasia’s father, Robert, had told her anything, it was that every pawn was a potential queen…

Perhaps it was that lingering thought that caused Anastasia to slowly open the door, twisting the handle and stepping inside.

“Selena?” she called out, trying to keep her voice as soft as she could.

Immediately, the sound of a deep breath being taken was heard and the water was suddenly turned off. Immediately, the shower curtain was pulled open and Selena stepped out, quick to speak. “I’m finished.” She said quickly. “I didn’t take a dolphin show…” she added, a term her mother had thrown at her in the past over ‘wasting water’. 

“It’s fine…” Anastasia tried, pulling a towel from off the nearby rack and wrapping the nine-year old in it. “Where are your clothes?”

“I put them in the hamper.” Selena replied obediently, earning a nod from her mother, the latter’s hands shaking a little as she patted and rubbed her daughter’s body with the towel, which only confused the child. “Wha…what are you doing?”
“I’m helping you dry.” Anastasia stated flatly. 
“Did I do something wrong?” Selena asked, her voice in alarm. “Are you going to punish me?”

“I said I would talk over this with your father.” Anastasia tried. “Did you fight back?”
“No.” Selena shook her head. “Papa told me never to fight back.”
“I’m sure he did.” Anastasia rolled her eyes. Spineless worm… she thought, referring to her pacifist of a husband as she finished drying off the young girl. “Get your clothes on.”

Selena nodded and obeyed, gathering up the neatly folded pile of clothes on the sink counter of the bathroom and changing into them, a ‘pfft’ sound coming from her as she did. Around the fourth or fifth ‘pfft’ sound, however, Anastasia’s attention was had.

“What are you doing?” she asked, eyeing the girl through the reflection of the mirror Selena stood in front of. 
“Just…pfft… my hair’s in my eyes. Hard to see.” Selena tried to explain as she did up the tiny buttons of her shirt.

Quietly, Anastasia eyed the hair on her daughter’s head. “We could cut it-“
“No!” Selena cried out, her eyes alight and, for a second, Anastasia saw defiance in those eyes, though it quelled and faded in an instant. “Please no, mommy.” Selena begged. “Grandma Irina said this hair was special…”

Once more, the DeCarlo woman assessed the hair. She would be lying if she didn’t envy it on some level, if nothing else, then its color – which was far blonder and more magnificent than her own. Quietly, she watched as Selena’s small hands scrambled to pull and tug the long hair into a sloppy ponytail-

“Oh stop.” Anastasia sighed, turning her daughter around. “Who taught you how to do your hair?”
“Um…Dad mostly…” Selena tried. “Unless we’re going to church or somewhere important, then you would get mad at dad and then I’d do it myself and by then, you’d be in the car?”

For a moment, Anastasia’s eyes widened in surprise. How had she not noticed that about Selena? Perhaps because… came the analytical part of her brain. You never saw her as anything but HIS daughter and YOUR burden…and look where that has gotten.

It was an obvious slap of reality. At the current rate, the plan of the DeCarlos and Scythes involving Selena would not work out. Her… her daughter… Anastasia realized, knew nothing about how to be a woman of power. A woman of confidence and authority- Oh lord… what if the plans succeeds and she’s nothing more than this…

The thought was almost as terrifying as being in this poor house for the rest of her life, almost. No… Anastasia decided as she watched her daughter pull out knots in her long, platinum-blonde hair… no, she was going to work on Selena – she was going to turn a coal into a diamond. A piece of sand into a pearl, a pawn-

“Mommy…” Selena’s voice caught the older woman’s attention. “Can I… Can I ask you something?”
“Yes.” Anastasia nodded, regarding the child before her patiently.
“What do you call that?” she asked, reaching out to point a small finger to the large twines of hair that wrapped around each other before linking to Anastasia’s scalp.

“What? This?” she asked, pulling her hair out a bit to present it to her daughter. “It’s called a French braid. It’s a style.”

Before her, Anastasia saw her daughter’s eyes widen as she regarded the interwoven hairs. “Would you like your hair like that?”

A small head jerked up, sapphire eyes hopeful, and nodded eagerly. “Very well. Turn around.” Anastasia ordered, her ‘daughter’ quickly obeying. Immediately, DeCarlo’s hands were at work, nimbly weaving and intertwining the proper strands of platinum-blonde.

“You know…” Anastasia spoke as she worked. “If you really like this and you’re good, I can teach you how to do it yourself.”
Selena didn’t give a worded response, but Anastasia heard the hopeful gasp come from her.

“I learned a lot of different styles.” Anastasia continued nonchalantly. “As well as some makeup tips and such – I could teach you those too.”
“O…okay…” Selena whispered meekly.

“You know what I think?” the mother continued, eyeing her step-daughter’s gaze in the mirror. “I think that you could be an extremely beautiful lady. So beautiful, in fact, that the boys would never want to pick on you again.”

The idea seemed ludicrous to a child, but Selena had no reason to believe her mother would ever lie to her. “E-even Gavin?”
“Oh please!” Anastasia laughed. “With my help, he’ll be chasing you to do your homework and carry your bags.”
“Really?” Selena asked, confused. “Why would he do that?”
“Boys…are weird like that.” The older woman settled on saying. “You’ll understand some day.”

Despite not understand now, Selena nodded her head, returning her gaze to the mirror and onto her hair. “Grandma said that my hair was special among the Frost-family. Very special and that I should wear it proudly… is that true, mommy?”

Well, it sounded absurd to Anastasia, but a part of it did make sense to her, and she chose that to tell Selena. “I think… that pride in one’s self is important, and that includes appearance. I think if you are proud of yourself, who you are and how you look – then no one will be able to truly defeat you.”

With one last tug, Anastasia stood back, gently flicking Selena’s hair – now a gorgeous braid – over her shoulder and in front of her chest, where the child grasped it tightly, stunned and beyond happy.

“W…wow…” she stammered before turning and throwing her arms around her mother, stunning Anastasia completely. “Thank you thank you thank you thank you!” she repeated. 
“You’re welcome.” Replied Anastasia simply. “Now, go get to your homework and whatever else you couldn’t do today.”

“Can I show papa my new hair?” Selena asked hopeful.
“Oh yes.” DeCarlo smiled knowingly. “I am sure he’ll be happy to see it.”

Without another word, Selena scampered to her room to work on her homework, not wanting to upset the, seemingly, good mood her mother was in.

Pushing herself up to her feet, Anastasia dusted herself off before exiting the bathroom and returning to the task of making dinner, her thoughts still on her little pawn of a daughter.

Oh just you wait, Selena. she smiled knowingly. When the time is right… you are going to make one HELL of a queen…

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to the empty interior of the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, where a gauntlet match unlike any seen in recent history will take place to determine who will be the World Champion of SCW. Tonight’s episode of Breakdown, along with a Television championship match, will focus primarily on what will be fourteen matches – perhaps the most ever shown on a Breakdown episode…

It is not an exaggeration to say that the ring seen in this camera shot will be transformed into a warzone. But sitting there, under the bright lights of blue and white, is a woman in a hooded vest, her attire otherwise familiar as she sits perched on the turnbuckle.

Bree… she whispers as the camera focuses on her, the voice of Selena Frost ringing through the empty space. Despite the hood, the camera can see the sapphire eyes and some platinum-blonde hair coming from the hood.

Bree Bree Bree…Oh Bree… Selena drawls on, letting the foul name of one of her most bitter enemies roll around on her tongue as she turns her head to the camera.

How has your week been going, huh? I imagine about the same as mine, considering neither of us got where we wanted to last week with the Tag League. I mean, were you humbled? I sure was. I ask because I never have seen you admit to being humbled, so I’m curious to know. It was rough week, for both us. And now? Here we are…

And sine we are here, let me ask you. Have you been counting down the days? The hours? The minutes? Dreading the passing of every second? Fighting back every kind of doubt in your mind? Trying to find some way to twist this around? Call it off? 

I can’t say I’d blame you for being ‘typical Bree’. You know the odds and you know that the chances of you surviving any one of us in a one-on-one match isn’t as ‘one-sided’ as you may declare. But this? All of this?

Well, I’d like to listen to your words of ‘unfair’ or ‘unreasonable’ or whatever tripe you’ll throw to diminish the heart and passion that so many people have shown by stepping up. So many like Jordan and Chris and Glory that have kept their minds on this night. This match. Their chance to get what you hold…

And maybe, in some way, it could be seen as ‘unfair’ to you, Bree.

But I don’t think so.
Selena shakes her head. I think what you’ve gone through since last week? All that doubt? That feeling of impending doom? I think the odds against you keeping the World title? I think all of it is fair-

Scratch that – I think all of this? Is justified!
there is a slight growl in her voice as she hops off the turnbuckle she is perched on, landing inside the ring, eyes on the camera.

How many months has it been, Bree?! How many months have you stood there – declaring yourself ‘the REAL SCW World Champion’ and declaring David Helms’ reign was not true?
How many months went by where you chose to discredit those that stepped up to challenge you?
How many years have gone by that you’re still living a fantasy about me?

I’ll be honest, Bree – when I said that a man like Ace – drunk, disrespectful, unprofessional – would be a better choice as the World Champion than you? I meant it. It’s not by much but, dammit, I meant it!
a smile can be seen from under Selena’s hood.

Do you know why, Bree? Why I would prefer someone who spends more time making dick jokes and Tik Tok content than focusing on being a wrestler? I’ll tell you why, Bree. Because Ace Marshall would never have seen David as someone ‘lesser’ than him or call him a ‘fraud’ or ‘undeserving of the World title’. He never treated a loss as ‘never happened’ or a ‘fluke’ or some kind of ‘act of charity’. He would see the value in every challenger, every person and match – even if that value was just for himself and his own amusement.

But you? Oh you… Bree…
the young woman shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest.

No, I’m not coming into this with any grandiose promises. “Overcome it all”, “Fight through everyone!”. No. In case you haven’t been paying attention, that’s not been my focus through any of this.

Remember what I said, Bree? Remember what I said to you several weeks ago when I decked you in the jaw and sent you to the mat on that episode of Breakdown? 

I said ‘SCW deserves better’. 
SCW deserves better. 
One more time: SCW. Deserves. Better. 

It deserves someone that doesn’t need TWO of the same world championship belts simply for her own ego.
It deserves someone that doesn’t need to fake car accidents and kidnappings and the kind of plans you see in movies just to steal the world title.
It deserves someone that doesn’t desecrate what the titles mean by breaking them into pieces and throwing them away.

Selena stops for a moment, releasing a sigh, as if remembering something personal before lifting her head to gaze back at the camera. I could go on, but the point, I am sure has been made. 

The question is: now that I’ve said what’s ‘better for SCW’… where does that leave me? Am I someone that could be all of those things? Am I someone that can carry the main-event title division better than you? Be what is ‘better for SCW’?

Instead of answering right away, the head of Frost, and the hood by association, slowly shakes left and right. I already answered that question – and that answer hasn’t changed. But that is why I’m needing to be here, Bree. Why I need to stay in this match and not just run away or put blinders on and just ‘see the finish line’ where the title awaits.

Because I DON’T think that person is me at this point. I don’t think I’ll have the luck or even the skill to get to the end. Because it’s been so long since I had to fight on my own at levels like this. So long since I’ve known, deep down, that no one is here to watch my back, meaning I have to fight on my own.

You with Burnside?
Syren and Ravyn and Holly? Infamous? Need I say more?
The Wonderland?
Even people with friends like Chris with Lucas, Asher with Cid, and Jordan with Cookie…

I… I haven’t been on my own like this in a long time, Bree, because tonight, there is no Regan watching my back, though she is in my heart. Glory won’t be looking out for me like she did last week. There isn’t a person in the back locker-rooms of SCW that would rush to my aid when shit will, inevitably, hit the fan.

She casts a glance up the ramp to the black curtain that leads the backstage of the arena. So, knowing I’m on my own. Knowing I am not ready for this – why do I need to keep going? Why do I need to stay? Other than beating you? Other than ensuring SCW gets a ‘better’ world champion than you?

To the surprise of many viewers, the questions are met with a genuine chuckle from the accented voice of Selena.

It’s actually funny…but after Ace’s words reminded me that I need to carve my path in SCW once more, you’ll never guess who gave me the first step of that puzzle, Bree… No, it wasn’t you. Are you kidding? You’re so immature, you’ve blocked me on Twitter – not that it did any good when your snide remarks come up on the SCW website, ‘genius’.

No…actually… it was Holly.
a stronger laugh, laced with amusement even disbelief, comes from the young Frost. Yeah, that shock you, Bree? Holly Addams was more insightful than you… even unintentionally. Now, when you get to me in your promo, Bree, and I know you will – I know I’ll be ready for whatever your throw my way. Same as I said last week:

‘Selena is a fraud.’
‘Selena doesn’t care about SCW.’
‘Selena is desperate for any title.’

It’s the never-ending string of insults that has followed me since the beginning, from Christy Mathews to Ravyn, to Syren, to you – even Jordan threw in a barb like that last week in the heat of promo-battle…

But let’s face it, Bree, we all know that there’s a low-hanging branch that few people, unless they’re INCREDIBLY uncreative and lazy don’t really go when it comes to me…
Selena sighs knowingly.

Well, I won’t spoil it too much, but if you want something to laugh at where I am concerned, go watch it. It’s… it’s something.

And yet… in a weird way, Holly gave me the answer I needed. The answer of what I need to do here to carve my path once more. To re-find my place in SCW’s world of singles wrestling…

I need to… For a moment, she stops, a long, dragged out sigh escaping her. Let it go…

The place is silent for what seems like an eternity, as Selena rubs her arms with her hands. Geez… I know a few people are having a laugh that someone ‘got me to say it’, but… I can’t deny it’s the truth. I need to let it go.

Because that’s what’s been holding me back all this time. THAT’S what’s been making it harder and harder to believe in myself.

The past. The mistakes. The words of others. I have clung onto them for so long that… I don’t even know why anymore.
Selena shrugs in exasperation.

I mean, think about it! Why should I give a damn if you think my win over you was a ‘gimmie’? An act of charity?
Why should I care if Ravyn thinks I’ve been dodging her for years?
Why should I let the opinion of Jordan and, by extension, Cookie, sway what I believe in my heart just because it pissed them off?

The former world champion lifts her arms and then drops them back to her side. What good was that doing me? Lamenting on the past? The words of others, but also, clinging to what I did five years ago? 

Yeah, Bree, I’m just as guilty of being a factor in my own shortcoming as you and the others are. Because I couldn’t let go of the past. I couldn’t let go of being “The Best of the Best” tournament winner. I couldn’t let go being “the woman that knocked out Xander Valentine”. I couldn’t let go being called “The Face of SCW”…
she takes a deep breath, the next part the hardest:

And I couldn’t let go of being ‘The Snow Queen’…

Reaching into her hood, Selena rubs her eyes with one hand, a slight sniffle escaping her before she clears her throat and gazes back at the camera. 

You know, it was Buddha who said “Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else… in the end, you’re the one who gets burned…”

But the thing is: it’s not just anger that does that.
It’s fame.
It’s fear.
It’s uncertainty.
It’s doubt.

All of those things, Bree, can be hot coals. All of these can weigh you down, and all of these things, can burn you.

Lowering her head, Selena gazes at her bare hands. I’ve been grasping in my hands – all of these coals, thinking they were making me the wrestler I needed to be… that SCW needed me to be. She looks up, lowering her hands.

But how can I be the wrestler I want to be when I’m holding all of them? How can I take on the challenge – the pain - of a match like this when I’m already being burned by those coals? How can I do what is needed, what I MUST do if I am too busy letting you and Syren and Ravyn and the others try and dictate my life, my beliefs, my very identity?! If I let your opinions and BS be another coal on the pile that is trying to bury me?

She gives a sad shake of her head. The truth is I can’t. So… I let them go. I let them – let it all go… so that tonight, I can wrestle, not as ‘The Face of SCW’ or ‘The Snow Queen’ – no. Tonight, I’m going to wrestle as me. No more coals. No more burns on me, Bree. No looking back – just ahead to you… 

Sapphire eyes from within the hood narrow. And I am going to burn right through you. and pale hands tighten into fists.

I don’t care if I’ve fought one or ten other wrestlers waiting for you, Bree. I don’t care if I’m the last person drawn or the first. I am not leaving that ring until you are done. Because the second I see you in that ring, or I hear your theme music? 

All bets are off.
there is a haunting, emotionless cold in Frost’s voice. Because I will do whatever it takes to make that title – the future of that title – Bree-Free. And trust me, Bree… trust me!

With a slow breath, Selena Frost reaches up to her hood, pulling the dark blue garmet off her head… revealing platinum-blonde hair that measures only to Selena’s shoulders – too short to ever be made into a braid… 

Undeterred by this, Selena stands in the middle of the ring, her cold eyes on one person and one person only. You’ve no idea what that truly means, Bree. Not a modicum of an idea. But come Breakdown, whether you believe me or not… you are going to find out.

And SCW will happily let go of you as its World Champion…

Believe it… or not.

There are no more words, the sight before the world leaving many breathless as Selena Frost stands there… as everything fades to black…

Malcolm Scythe stood rooted to the same spot he had occupied for the past quarter of an hour, alone in his office. His eyes would shift from the door that served as an exit and entrance and down to his hand… where there, within, was the thick braid of platinum-blonde hair. 

His prize…

And yet, despite seeing it there before him, he kept having to replay the moment in his head. How he had stood before Selena Frost, his letter-opener knife trailing up and down the braid. How Selena’s eyes widened and became misty as she took in what Malcolm was demanding of her for the freedom of Deanna. 

But then, it was almost surreal… the mayor had watched Selena grip his hand that held the knife, squeezing so hard that he had to release it, surrendering it to the woman. For the briefest of seconds, milliseconds more like it, Malcolm actually felt a twinge of fear for his life – the idea that Selena Frost, rather than pay the price, would, like a warlord, just take it, stabbing him in the heart or slicing his throat open with a simple flick of her wrist and leaving him dead at her feet.

What she had done, however, was far more disturbing to him.

Her eyes had grown cold and though Malcolm could see tears forming behind them, the woman’s hands did not shake or hesitate.

They drew up the braid…
They measured the distance…
They held it taunt…
And the one hand cut it down…

For the rest of his life, Malcolm knew, he would never forget the silence in those moments, and the sound of hairs slowly being cut apart one by one. One after another. Selena’s hands never shook, never slowed. She kept going…kept cutting the very thing away until…

Malcolm finally looked down again, staring at the detached rope of hair in his hand. 

He had won. He had beaten Selena Frost. He had taken the one thing that Selena treasured about herself. Treasured about her own identity. True, it would grow back at some point – but she would never forget, and neither would he, that Malcolm Scythe owned part of Selena Frost…

And yet, the truth did not bring him as much joy as he thought it would. For as Selena had thrust the braid into Malcolm’s hands, she had not broken down before him. Her expression was cold and hauntingly familiar as she walked towards the mayor’s desk, gathered up the USB drive with a sweep of one hand and gracefully walked out the door, not once looking back at the braid she left behind.

It was that expression, that walk, that refusal to break before him that haunted Malcolm, keeping him in place long after Selena had left…

Because in that moment… that brief span of time where his eyes at met that woman’s…To him…

Selena Frost had never before resembled her step-mother more…
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
Time goes on, and my story gets set further in the past.

I had a major case of writer's block this week, so this'll be the only RP from me. I'm hoping, due to the fact that she has her own storyline going on, Syren won't enter the match at all, so I didn't write anything for her and focused on this instead.

Enjoy.

[Image: thediary.png]

Ravyn Taylor's Diary
May 5th, 2019
[Image: syren2021.png]
RP: 01 of 01
Datura vs
An absolute fuckton of people. 
| The Dark Side of the Wonderland - Chapter 2 |
[Image: NEWHAUS_copy.png]

Wonderland To Salvation: A Journey To Nirvana VIP Members

Selena Frost (VIP Member Since November 25th,2021)
The Happy Farmstead Friends ( VIP Members Since December 16th, 2021 with BOGO Deal)
Marie Jones ( VIP Member Since February 3rd,2022 after failing to cancel after 7 Day Trial)
Brittany Lohan (VIP Member Since February 17th, 2022 after joining for a gallon of Creatine.)
Crystal Zdunich (VIP Member Since March 3rd,2022 after seeking help from everyone)
Josh Hudson (Haüs of Nirvana Member Since March 13th, 2022 after Senior Citizen Discount)
OOC: Welp, here it is, for better or worse. Appearances with approval. There is a 'link' in the news article in the last scene, it is not a real link, for the rest of this storyline I am not using any pictures that actually exist, for obvious pic base reasons (and if it's not obvious ask me), and I respectfully ask that none of you use any that exist, either. Please and thank you. That said... hope those who read enjoy, and good luck.
---------------------

Breakdown 2-18-21 #2
[Image: Bree2022.png]

SCW: 87 - 48 - 8 || Career 97 - 60 - 9
>>>>>*<<<<<
SCW Television Champion
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion
2X SCW World Champion
3X SCW United States Champion
2X SCW Tag Team Champion

(1X W/ Blake Mason; 1X W/ Scott Burnside Andrew Raynes)
1X SCW Women's Champion
-----
Supreme Champion
2020 Female of the Year
2016 Star of Tomorrow
Only 2X VWA Evolution Champion

=====
~~ Amy Chastaine ~~
SCW: 63 - 30 - 6 || Career: 120 - 75 - 15

1X SCW Tag Team Champion - W/ Kennedy Street [B.A.E.]
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion | 1X SCW United States Champion
1X SCW Television Champion | 1X SCW World Champion
SCW Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Supreme Champion * First Female * Fastest Time
2017 Female of the Year | 2017 Shot of Adrenaline Winner
2015 Star of Tomorrow | 2015 Rookie of the Year
Final VWA World Champion

=====
Total (All Characters):
323/226/35

http://www.hardygirl.net/
OOC: I really enjoyed this one. There is part of this rp which is a hallucination, or bad trip where characters from the gauntlet are used but its all in Asher's head. This rp is a bit darker than my first, which I feel is consistent with Asher's mixture of comedy and drama. There's some horror to this one, as well. The promo is one I've wanted to do with Asher for a very long time. For those of you who read, do enjoy. And good luck.

Megan tha Stallion, A Bad Trip, and Some of that Do or Die Mentality
[Image: ASHERHAYESBANNER1.png]

SCW Accomplishments
SCW World Heavyweight Champion(1X)
2023 Male SCW Superstar of the Year
SCW Supreme Champion (2023)
SCW Adrenaline Champion(2X)
SCW Television Champion(1x)
SCW United States Champion(1x)
SCW Underground Champion(1x)
SCW World Tag Team Champion (2x-W/Rachel Foxx as Bad Company; W/ Cid Turner as A/C Unit)
First and Only Commonwealth Wrestling Champion
SCW 24/7 Hardcore Champion(5x)
2009 Feud of the Year
2009 Tag Team of the Year
SCW World Tag League winner (A/C Unit w/Cid Turner)
2021 Stable of the Year (A/C Blondetourage Unit w/Cid and Holly)

[Image: o8lmmiN.png]

Good luck everyone! 
[Image: OjZwbEI.png]
RECORD
69 - 21 - 5

2021 Stable of the Year - A/C Blondetourage Unit (w/ Cidnay Turner and Asher Hayes)
1x SCW Adrenaline Champion (July 24th, 2021 - November 7th, 2021) (106 Days)
Inaugural Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st, 2009)
1x Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st - August 29th, 2009) (90 Days)
2x SCW 24/7 HardCore Champion (June 18th - August, 2011) (70+ Days)

[Image: TcU8wKN.png]
2 of 2

Here it is, writing for this match has been an actual pleasure, It's been a good while I've been motivated like this to write. So thanks to Doug for including me in this clusterfuckery lol. Special guests appears with permission etc. 

Good luck to everyone involved, hell of a turn out from what I've seen. I'll read tomorrow once I've recovered sleep. 

That said, Enjoy.

World Championship Gauntlet | 2 of 2
[Image: ZbBQHbf.png]