Poll: Do you support this new RP format?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
72.22%
13 72.22%
No
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wanting your thoughts: Changes to SCW roleplaying
Piggy backing off what Doug said, I’d before a character cap too.
[Image: hudson2020v2.png]
Josh Hudson Career Accomplishments
2023 Feud and Match of the Year
2022 Feud and Match of the Year
2018 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
2013 SCW Hall of Fame
SCW World Heavyweight Champion(3x)
SCW United States Champion(3x)
SCW Television Champion(1x)
SCW Tag Team Champion(2x)
2008 Tag Team of the Year award(Josh Hudson & Justin Davis)
Conquered Tactical Warfare 2010
HCCW World Heavyweight Champion (4x)
HCCW World Television Champion (1x)
HCCW United States Champion (1x)
XWE InterContinental Champion (1x)
XWE World Tag Team Champion (3x)
IWC World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
EAPW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
TNW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
WWA United States Champion(1x)
Ended Xander Valentine's 25 Match Winning Streak (2005)

[Image: scottreedbanner.png]
Scott Reed Career Accomplishments
SCW Television Champion(2x)
I thought we had one?
[Image: Bree2022.png]

SCW: 87 - 48 - 8 || Career 97 - 60 - 9
>>>>>*<<<<<
SCW Television Champion
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion
2X SCW World Champion
3X SCW United States Champion
2X SCW Tag Team Champion

(1X W/ Blake Mason; 1X W/ Scott Burnside Andrew Raynes)
1X SCW Women's Champion
-----
Supreme Champion
2020 Female of the Year
2016 Star of Tomorrow
Only 2X VWA Evolution Champion

=====
~~ Amy Chastaine ~~
SCW: 63 - 30 - 6 || Career: 120 - 75 - 15

1X SCW Tag Team Champion - W/ Kennedy Street [B.A.E.]
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion | 1X SCW United States Champion
1X SCW Television Champion | 1X SCW World Champion
SCW Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Supreme Champion * First Female * Fastest Time
2017 Female of the Year | 2017 Shot of Adrenaline Winner
2015 Star of Tomorrow | 2015 Rookie of the Year
Final VWA World Champion

=====
Total (All Characters):
323/226/35

http://www.hardygirl.net/
I think the only way this works is with an accompanying character cap. Ideally I would say no more than three per handler at the very most. That being said I am pleased to see discussions concerning a change. For me personally I look at SCW as my home, but I am having real doubts as to whether or not I could participate full time here anymore as things currently stand. I know everyone says that you can win with any length of RP here, but it always seems that handlers who RP longer have distinct advantages even if that is not what is intended. For me, I only have one hand I can type with anymore and that was starting to give me a lot problems, hurting and such when I last tried to have anyone in SCW. So from that standpoint I am in favor of this, but with the character cap as well.
[Image: wsCL05V.png]
[Image: aHCDa8X.png]
I don't think anyone here has any desire to run a shit ton of characters even with this word limit, those days for me are over, right now I am at one, the most I may go is two, just don't have the time or energy for it anymore. Put on a character cap of 2-3 tops, aside of that, none of us are in our teens or 20 anymore.
[Image: Minnie-EAW.gif]

Achievements:

-Coming Soon

Singles Record - | W - 45 | L - 09| D - 04|
Overall Record - | W - 58 | L -13| D - 06|

THIS IS A CRISIS
[Image: ASrTaiG.jpeg]
Another thing, I have word counted a lot of the CD's here before, only about a 1/3 of them go over 4-5K to be honest, going 3-3.5K x2 gives plenty of space for CD, me who writes shoots bigger than most of your CD's will have an adjustment period too, it's not all bad, many of you don't write over 10K rp's, save it for title matches and PPV's.
[Image: Minnie-EAW.gif]

Achievements:

-Coming Soon

Singles Record - | W - 45 | L - 09| D - 04|
Overall Record - | W - 58 | L -13| D - 06|

Most people do 5-6k generally anyways. Good for them, it doesn't mean anything to them to put in a limit. People have always seen it as some sort of significant advantage to do more and that's absurd. When is the last time you, Alexis, Wasley or Jon just dominated, being unbeatable? It would be putting a restrain on the story I wish to tell Sometimes, I'd hit 6k. I did this week. Sometimes I do more. Last show and the one before I hit 10k. I was also into it and was happy to be putting out what I was. You're only looking to pretty much be holding back realistically speaking 6-8 people and for what?
This is almost as bad as the time we caught Adam mining us for Bitcoin, forcing us to briefly change the forum skin to puke white while we defeated his evil mining bots.
[Image: ASrTaiG.jpeg]
Was thinking more about it last-night, looking at my rp I posted for the gauntlet as an example. (I know it was for the world title and had under the new rules would run under whichever ppv restrictions if any would apply) the story I wrote was long. But all had a purpose. If I had planned something like that again while involved in non title stuff I wouldn’t personally like to spread that over a period of say 3 months (extreme I know) because of a word cap. I would not be booked every week either which means even longer arcs.

Feel like my scenes average about 2.2 a 4kish depending on how invested I get I to what I’m writing. I really don’t like writing just one scene and if I do I make it into something a lot more substantial at times which would far exceed what one rp limit would fall under. Could argue split it into two but then it comes down to how said rps are judged. 

Which is a different conversation entirely.

Anyway that is my musing while sat in a car heading to Ashford. Enjoy your day.
[Image: ZbBQHbf.png]
I’m 29
[Image: QEi4Ejt.png]

1x SCW Television Champion

Wins:12 (Jobber, Jobber, Derek Adonis, Konrad Raab, Blake Mason, Tommy Valentine, Kelsai Adamson-Mason [TV Title win], Jay Gold [title defense], Maria Salvatore [title defense], Ace Marshall [via DQ], Gavin Taylor, Cid Turner/Selena Frost/Purity Pixie [w/Ace and Kandis, Trios 2021, pinned Purity])

Losses: 8 (Gavin/Powers, Jay Gold, Asher Hayes, Last Laugh 2020 Battle Royal [Last eliminated by Asher Hayes], Crystal Zdunich [TV Title loss], Retribution 2021 Scaffold Scramble, RTG 2021 TLC Match for Adrenaline Title, UA 2021 EC for Adrenaline Title)