Gimmick Battle Royal
November 7th, 2021

Under Attack
Elimination Chamber Match for the SCW Adrenaline Championship

“Ricky brings himself up, holding the back of his head. Both Ace and Holly spring up and run at him, Holly leaping up for the Blonde Ambition and Ace jumping at the same time for the One-Eyed Royal! The crowd ohs before roaring as Ricky’s head is sandwiched between Ace and Holly’s knees! Ricky falls limp to the mat as Lexy shrieks with glee from inside Ace’s closed pod. Ace goes to cover Ricky, but Holly violently pushes him, making him fall back into the ropes. Holly falls on top of Ricky, making the cover while kicking her legs excitedly. 1! 2! 3! Ricky James has been eliminated!”

That was the last time anyone had seen or heard from Ricky James. The actual Ricky James. Not the unknown, masked, bleach-blonde haired “stunt double” Rudy Powell has been parading out week after week. It had been 8 long months since Ricky James was spotted on SCW programming. Rudy Powell gave fans a glimmer of hope, but to everyone’s disappointment, this was yet another ruse from the sleazy, sweaty attorney. The fans got “Ricky James” back, but he wasn’t what they wanted. They wanted the Ricky James who was finally beginning to see through all the manipulation in his life. The Ricky James who was starting to figure out who he really was. The Ricky James who was launching his own path through SCW.

Sure, Ricky took a slight detour going into Under Attack. Feeling lost, he swallowed his pride and decided to give Rudy Powell a chance. As we saw at Under Attack, Ricky did not make the right decision. With the reemergence of Rudy Powell over the last several weeks, it has become apparent to everyone that Ricky and Rudy went their separate ways after Under Attack.

Rudy, determined to continue to make a living off the hard work of others, developed a plan to once again take advantage of the vulnerable Ricky James. Rudy purchased the rights to the “Ricky James” trademark and has continued to carry on the charade that “Ricky James” is once again an active competitor. Week after week, the SCW has seen Rudy trot out this fake “Ricky James” to destroy local talent. The SCW wondered where the real Ricky James was. Was he watching? Was he aware of what was going on? Did he even care?

Some of those questions were answered on the latest episode of Breakdown, when the real Ricky James returned briefly to confront Rudy Powell and fake Ricky, before being thrown out of the building by security. We now know Ricky has been watching. We know Ricky isn’t happy about what has been going on. The question is - what’s next?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undisclosed Location
Pre-recorded video

A man sits backwards in a chair with his arms draped over the back, his head buried in his hands. After a few silent moments, he sighs and drops his hands. We can see this is the real Ricky James. Ricky looks a bit distraught, but otherwise looks the same as he had looked the last time he wrestled back in November. He takes a deep breath before looking into the camera.

Ricky: You all know who I am. I can’t legally say it on this video, but you know who I am. You’ve all seen what Rudy Powell has done to me over the past few months. I’ve been watching myself. This goes back further than that. This goes all the way back to Under Attack. There is a long story to tell. That’s for another day, though. Right now I have one focus. I need to take back what is rightfully mine. 

Ricky takes another deep breath and looks around before turning his attention back to the audience of the video.

Ricky: My quest to regain what has been stolen from me has already begun. I can’t say much more. But I can make you all two promises. You all will see me again this week on Breakdown. And more importantly, I WILL be at Rise to Greatness. 

Ricky stares sternly into the camera as the video slowly fades out.
[Image: QEi4Ejt.png]

1x SCW Television Champion

Wins:12 (Jobber, Jobber, Derek Adonis, Konrad Raab, Blake Mason, Tommy Valentine, Kelsai Adamson-Mason [TV Title win], Jay Gold [title defense], Maria Salvatore [title defense], Ace Marshall [via DQ], Gavin Taylor, Cid Turner/Selena Frost/Purity Pixie [w/Ace and Kandis, Trios 2021, pinned Purity])

Losses: 8 (Gavin/Powers, Jay Gold, Asher Hayes, Last Laugh 2020 Battle Royal [Last eliminated by Asher Hayes], Crystal Zdunich [TV Title loss], Retribution 2021 Scaffold Scramble, RTG 2021 TLC Match for Adrenaline Title, UA 2021 EC for Adrenaline Title)

Messages In This Thread
Gimmick Battle Royal - by supremecw - 07-09-2022, 04:21 PM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Corner G - 07-10-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Braddock - 07-15-2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Braddock - 07-18-2022, 09:16 AM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Ducky - 07-18-2022, 08:04 PM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Ricky James - 07-19-2022, 01:28 PM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Lt. Erect - 07-21-2022, 12:59 AM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by The Matt - 07-21-2022, 08:53 AM
A Freeform Poem - by fullMETAL - 07-24-2022, 12:51 AM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Executioner - 07-27-2022, 01:48 PM
RE: Gimmick Battle Royal - by Purity - 07-28-2022, 03:22 PM