SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
OOC Note: This is the culmination of The One story arc and hopefully tells the final chapter well.  I've had this story ending in my head for over a year, and had to try to find the right story to tell to get me to this point.  I hope everyone enjoys reading it as I have enjoyed putting the pieces together to get it written.  Good luck to all, and from Taking Hold of the Flame forward, The One actually has a name!

-----------------------

{THE ONE: The Final Chapter}

There comes a point in everyone's life where everything comes to a head.  Everything you have faced, the trials, the tribulations, the goods, the bads, everything leads to the moment at hand, and that is where I have finally come to.  And this head is one that signifies either the greatest accomplishment of my life, or the moment where my life takes the ultimate turn for the worst.

Why the worst?

One simple word, failure...

I made a promise, long ago, to defend and protect The Oracle until my final breath, and the idea of failing at that would feel just like I took my last breath because there would be nowhere else to go.  I would have no more ways to protect or save the one person I was charged with doing so with because the extremes would have been exhausted, and I wouldn't know what punishments, what revenge, what anything I would face by The Prophets and their followers.  Because I would be public enemy number one.  I would be the one who deserves all of the pain, suffering, and vengeance that those two would seek.  And their followers would stop at nothing, if they felt that even the ACTUAL authorities couldn't touch those who ran The Compound.

Basically... I was the last resort The Oracle had, and this was my true "Judgement Day."

So the mission kicked off, as I understood it, early in the morning with many of the actual federal units getting into position, using my access to the cameras and surveillance to their advantage.  Hailey was instructed to sneak off and take up her position to, as she said, join me once it was time was right, and the trap was completely set.  The Oracle's brother had the easiest job.  His job was to be alone.  His job was to simply make his way, in whatever fashion, to The Compound, and make sure he was arriving at the predetermined time.  And while that job was easy, he knew that whatever they did to him between his arrival and the assault on the facility was not in his control.  He was given leeway to do whatever it took to keep himself safe, and ensure he was unharmed, or as minimally harmed as possible.

For me, my timing was the most important.  I had to ensure Hailey was in position, The Brother was there, and then I could make my arrival.  It was as simple of a plan as that.  I was given keywords to say in order to "spring the trap" on everyone, and once those were said, it was, in my eyes, "fight night."  My goal, once all hell broke loose was going to be to storm The Compound myself, use my knowledge, take out whomever may be in my way, get to The Oracle, and break her out and hopefully use the same exit that she got out the first time.  It was the one thing I kept to myself.  It was was my "ace in the hole."  That location was not something that they would have seen as a "soft spot" in the surveillance because it wasn't until I did what I planned that one night that even I looked at it as such.  So with all luck, they didn't bother looking at it as anymore than one of the many random blind spots, that were nowhere near anything of value, and ignored it.  My hope was that they took up positions elsewhere.

And it was with all of these plans in place, these hopes, these assumptions, that the modern day equivalent of "D-Day," on a sex "cult" and abusers of a young woman would come to their long awaited fruition.

Would it be success?

Would it be The Hunger Games?

Or would it be a complete and utter failure?

I didn't know... But I did know this was the final, and LAST STAND, of The One as she was known to this point...

As dusk begins to fall in the small Midwestern town that has become the well-known home of the polyamorous "cult," as they're viewed by the outside, a young man nervously begins walking toward the wooded turnoff on the side of the road for the first time in almost a year.  The Brother of The Oracle stops at the precipice of the entry before taking a breath knowing this would be the first time he had ever VOLUNTARILY taking the path up toward the gates that had kept him prisoner for the longest of times.

As he crosses the threshold, he knows, as he was warned, that sensors and cameras would be on him.  He knew that every step he took, closer to the gate, would alert more and more people to his presence.  But he also knew that what he was doing was right for him and his sister, and that was what he cared about in that moment.  Nobody else.  Just his sister's health and well-being.

Upon coming over a small incline that brought the entryway of The Compound into view, he quickly sees a sea of humanity waiting on him, with the gate wide open.  In the middle of the mass is his parents and the predecessor to The One.  Expecting this very thing, his disheveled look makes him throw his hands in the air, and continue to walk forward, not knowing who or what may be watching him, ready to jump out at him.

The Brother: I'm clean... I have no weapons... I'm coming back...

Everyone pauses, confused as to what he is saying.  The predecessor charges the brother, who simply freezes, and awaits his inevitable tackling, which, as he expected, doesn't come with any "relaxed" feeling.  He goes down with a thud, and grunts loudly, as he's pinned down and immediately searched for weapons or wires.

The Brother: I... I told you I'm clean...

The Predecessor is having none of it.

The Predecessor: Don't you DARE fucking talk, bitch... You don't move or speak until I say so...

The Predecessor continues to rip his clothes, pat him down, remove his shoes, and do anything he can to find, what he believes, to be the proof that he is in cahoots with The One.  After finding nothing he stands up with one of the Brother's shoes still in hand and lets out a scream of rage.  Afterward he throws the shoe into the back of the downed brother, and another voice quickly rings out.

Male Prophet: You can let him up...

The father of The Brother, is the voice, stopping The Predecessor from continuing his assault.

The Predecessor:  But...

Male Prophet: No buts... Let him up...

The Predecessor scoffs and yanks the man up by the remnants of his clothes, and gets in his face.

The Predecessor: Just wait until you see what I do to your friends...

The Brother, beaten and wobbly, replies with something that angers The Predecessor.

The Brother: Fuck off... I have no friends...

The Brother pushes his assailant to the side and approaches his parents, stumbling from still being rattled.

The Brother: ... You want the truth... They're coming for you... I got away before they pulled me into their plan... I told them to fuck off because all I care about is my sister.  All I want is her to have someone to look after her who ACTUALLY cares about her...

Male Prophet: Are you saying we don't, son?

The Brother: Are you saying you DO, father?  Just put me back in my room alongside hers and you won't hear a fucking peep out of me.  Put extra guards, I don't fucking care... Just let me actually protect my little sister, like a brother is supposed to do...

From the side, another sucker punch comes in from The Predecessor, spurned by a slight nod from the man's father.  The mother looks over aghast, but is assured he just is being kept compromised until he's put in the new holding area for he and his sister.  And while the mother doesn't agree with the methods, she realizes that the end result is one she agrees with.

ABOUT ONE HOUR LATER

The same mass grouping of individuals line the entrance to The Compound as sensors have alerted them to movement heading in their direction, and surveillance showing that it is, indeed, The One.  The One makes the turn from the highway up to the wooded and dirt road, and wastes no time, with darkness almost completely engulfing her at this point.  As she approaches the same hill that will expose her visually to The Compound, she pauses and takes a deep breath, when a voice echoes out in her direction.

The Predecessor: Don't dawdle you phony... Show yourself...

The One recognizes the voice of her predecessor and growls to herself and is immediately inspired to make the rest of the walk.  She comes over the hill and immediately sees the same throng of people who awaited The Oracle's Brother, to which he is now included, dawning the bruises he sustained minutes before.  Also there are her parents, staring their daughter down with complete disdain.  The One is not bothered by any of the eyes on her, and approaches the mob ready for whatever comes her way.

As she comes to a stop about 40 feet away from them, she reaches into her pants, pulling out a pipe, ready to fight.  She holds it up, ready to swing, when footsteps approach from the side, between the two groups of people.  Out into the moonlight walks Hailey, alongside her family.  The One immediately lowers the pipe, looking at Hailey confused.  Hailey looks at The One, dejected, and speaks.

Hailey: I'm sorry my friend...

The One looks around, still confused.

The One: For... For what?

Hailey: I... I had to protect my family first...

As those words are spoken, more footsteps are heard, as from behind Hailey and her family, more members of The Compound who are acting in a role of "the muscle" for The Prophets, emerge, making the numbers even more unfair against The One.  The Predecessor takes a couple steps forward, with a grin on his face, getting within reach of The One, should she swing her pipe.

The Predecessor: Heh... Did you REALLY think you were going to win and outsmart us, here?

This time, from behind The One, footsteps approach again, and she turns enough to see Agent McConnell now completely the encircling and surrounding of her.  This makes The One's eyes go wide, as this does not seem to jive with what she believed the plan was, and presents a possibility that Agent McConnell was in cahoots with The Compound all along.

The Predecessor: Bow down, bitch... Bow down...

Hailey quickly then makes a break toward The One's Predecessor out of nowhere, and before he can react, Hailey rears back delivering a symbolic and identical blow to the groin of the man once known as The One.  Hailey walks around in front of him, before backing up beside The One...

Hailey: Remember the last thing I told you... I would have the last laugh...

And it is in this moment, Hailey had given the signal.  All of the prepared lights, all of the agents hiding in the shadows, everything illuminates the antagonists, and shows them now surrounded with guns drawn on them.  The One looks back over her shoulder and sees McConnell now drawing his weapon, and it pointed past her, toward The Prophets as well.

It was in this moment things began to take some form of clarity for me.  The secret call with her parents, the nights out, everything Hailey was doing was ensuring that this part of the plan could be executed, and that her parents were integral assets in it.  If Hailey had approached The Prophets and asked for forgiveness on her own, nobody would have believed her.  If her parents were the catalyst, asking for the reinsertion into the group, then it would make Hailey more believable, and a usable pawn in whatever they planned.

Hailey's disappearances were to appear with her family, get instructions from Agent McConnell, and ensure that that all of the pieces were put in the right place.  She had been asked to see a bigger picture that would keep the realism of the situation whole, without potentially leaving any "spoilers" about.

But it was at that point... Everything changed, again...

The FBI, ATF, and SVU begin to move in on the various members of The Compound, taking everyone into custody.  Whether they be a patron, a member of the "muscle," The Prophets, or even The One's parents, nobody is spared by Hailey's parents and The Oracle's Brother, who, in the initial surprise of the lights illuminating the group, sneaks back into the shadows and disappears.

Agent McConnell, confidently and snarky-like, walks up to The One and grabs her arms, one by one, and begins to put her in handcuffs as well, which immediately throws The One off, as this was never a discussed part of the plan.

The One: Wait... What the... What are you doing?

Agent McConnell smiles from ear to ear, knowing he's gotten The One in his grasp, finally, using her own words against her...

Agent McConnell: It's amazing what a power one little USB drive can wield over the bigger threat, isn't it?

The One's eyes go wide, realizing McConnell had double-crossed her.

The One: You son of a...

McConnell smirks and audibly laughs before going into his typical "law enforcement" role, yelling over The One and the other commotion happening at The Compound, as other federal agents pursue similar tactics, and Hailey simply slides to the side, watching on.  The One sees this, sees Hailey retreating to her family, who aren't being touched, as everyone around them is being pushed to the ground, or cuffed standing.

Agent McConnell: You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.  You have a right to an attorney.  If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.  Do you understand these rights?

The One tries to plead her initial case.

The One: THIS WAS NOT WHAT WE AGREED UPON!

McConnell clicks the cuffs one notch tighter, making The One wince.

Agent McConnell: DO... YOU... UNDERSTAND... THESE... RIGHTS... THAT I HAVE SAID TO YOU?!

Before The One can respond there is a loud shrieking from a female, that forces everyone able to immediately let go of those they had hands on and cover their ears.  The One is the only one who doesn't flinch and simply looks toward the entry way of The Compound, eyes hopeful, and even filling with tears.  She recognized this shriek and knows immediately who it is, as an angelic sound among a world of hostility.

Her eyes are fixated on the entry way, where people are pushed out of the way, one by one, and The Brother of The Oracle emerges first, as the "muscle" followed in turn by his little sister, and "The One" who caused this entire incident to ever happen, The Oracle herself.  Everyone pauses, looking at the two, ultimately directly at The Oracle, who is clad in a beautiful garb, which sparkles in the moonlight, showing the world why she was worshiped and seen as such a diety in the midst of all of the debauchery in this "social club," as it was deemed in society.

The Oracle: EVERYONE STOP RIGHT NOW!

The voice of the sacred actually brings everyone to a complete standstill.  The One, looking directly in the eyes of The Oracle, lowers her head in a semblance of honor to the one she swore to protect.  And it is a gesture that creates a new landscape for the world in which everyone around the two live.

This moment echoed throughout time and history of the world in which we lives.  The Oracle, for the first time in her life, had finally gotten the opportunity to speak on her own behalf.  She had not been coerced.  She had not been drugged to "see" the future.  Instead, it was the one person who had ALWAYS been loyal to her, to do the one thing he had always dreamed of doing, her brother, and freed her from the prison she had been given to, without her permission.

Her brother had become the savior, and sprung his sister from the shackles she was held in on the behest of her parents.

The Oracle: If Kirsten is not freed at this MOMENT, then I am not speaking to ANYONE, about ANYTHING, at ANY TIME, and I am leaving this premise right now under my own recognizance!

And it was now, where my life, The One's life, everything I felt true, change.

Everyone stopped, confused, wondering what this young girl was saying.  To the members of the ATF, the SVU, and the FBI, she was still a nobody.  Nobody knew who he was because of the fact they were brought in AFTER her re-capture.  So they were unaware of who it was they were ultimately there to save.  But it was her subsequent words that continued to lead the confused down the path od success.

The Oracle: The One... Kirsten... If she is NOT set free, or she isn't given complete immunity like the rest of them were by Agent McConnell, then she will forgo everything she agreed to and say nothing to anyone, anymore... This is their ONE chance...

Everyone freezes and begins to look around, confused.  To some, including The One, now known as Kisten, their eyes go wide.

Kirtsen stands there, shocked, as, for the first time, her name has been used in actual context of life, in years.  She was not known, as her dad would say, as "Kitt," or "Kid," based on his accent, but instead, by her actual name.  She was no longer the "weirdo" of the school, or the "outcast," she had a name.  She was Kirsten.  She was herself.  She was a PERSON...

In this moment, my life changed.  Nobody around me knew my name.  I was another kid in The Compound.  I was "Kid" or "Kitt" to my father.  To my mother I was several other pet names that never gave an inkling to the fact that I had an identity, and to hear my name come from someone who I never told it to, or didn't believe would have known it for any reason, was something that would would have stopped the World from turning, and make everything around me cease to matter.

The Oracle, completely protected by her brother at this point, slowly walks up to The One, and just smiles, reaching her hand out and touching her shoulder, while Agent McConnell still stands in confusion.

The One (Now known as Kirsten): Wh... What did you call me?

The Oracle smiles.

The Oracle: I called you by your name, Kirsten.  As I've always known who you were.  You have done your job, as The One.  You have upheld your duty as The One.  You are now no longer bound by your responsibilities of that title, and are free to be who you have always been, and were always meant to be!

As of now... The One, as a nomenclature, and "right" to be seen as an honor, is DEAD... Instead, everyone here will know that Kirtsn "Kitt" Scott, is free again, free of her responsibility to me, and in turn, I free myself from all responsibilities as The Oracle!

The moment I had, deep down, yearned for, had finally arrived.  No longer was I bound by a moniker.  No longer was I bound by some nickname given to me by someone else.  Now I was finally given the opportunity to live my life as the woman that I was born as, that I was given the name as, and that the world would hopefully accept me as.

I didn't get this right because I did something special.  I did this because I stood by my oath to protect the one young girl who had been manipulated and treated as something other than daughter, much like myself.  I earned my name back because The Oracle had realized that I was the one who truly embraced her safety as a premise of my existence, and made it worth more than power.

The Oracle, to me, was my protectorate.  And in her eyes, I achieved my goal of bringing her to ultimate safety.

The Oracle makes a B-line towards Agent McConnell, with her brother leading the way, clearing her a path through the mass of humanity.

The Oracle: You... Unhand her now!  If you are a man of your word, you will free Kirsten as someone who was NEVER involved in any of the illegal activity, and you will ACCEPT that The One died, tonight, FOREVER, just like The Oracle has...

Agent McConnell smiles.

Agent McConnell: Really?  You think you get a say in this, kid?

The Oracle: I am your only hope in bringing this case to justice because I'm the one who caused you to even be inserted into this place.  I am your star witness.  I am everything you NEED to win this case.  You hear me?

McConnell just stares her down, and The Oracle makes another loud announcement.

The Oracle: ... You will free her.  You will free Kirsten Scott from custody, you will free Hailey Brooks from any secret role as an accomplice, you will free Ethan Taylor for having suffered enough as a prisoner by his own parents... And ultimate you will free ME, Emma Taylor, and I will help you prove your case.  But YOU, you only have one choice... You have to let us ALL live again!

You see, no longer are we just pseudonyms, and nobodies to this world  Tonight, we reclaim our roles and names in society and in this world.  And if you, and your fellow FBI, ATF, and whomever else is here, want to do what is right, you will give us our free will and freedom back in FULL.  The rest of these people, minus Hailey's parents, are fair game... We, however, hold the cards to your case, and we will only play ball if we get what I say we get...

McConnell just continues to stare The Oracle, now Emma, down, not budging or releasing Kirsten from her shackles.  Other, superior, agents to Agent McConnell look at one another and simply nod, nudging McConnell out of the way and undoing the handcuffs on Kirsten's wrists.  Immediately after feeling her freedom, Kirsten wastes no time in embracing Emma.  Agent McConnell is immediately confused as to why they have done what they have done, and as his superiors walk away, he looks at Kirsten, snarls, and then chases after them.

Kirsten Scott: Thank you...

Emma Taylor: No... Thank you... You truly did everything you could for me and Ethan...

Kirsten Scott: I promise you, whether we stay by one another's side, or go our separate ways, I will always ensure your safety no matter what, when, where, or how.  I will forever honor that promise.

Emma slowly pushes Kirsten back.

Emma Taylor: You're free of that, Kirsten...

Kirsten shakes her head.

Kirsten Scott: No.  I make that decision myself, and I make it happily.

As the two share this moment together, voices ring out from the crowd of people being taken into custody, as the agents resume their arrests.

Kirsten's Father: KITT!

Kirsten's Mother: SWEETIE!

Kirsten's Father: PLEASE... HELP US!

Kirsten looks over to see her parents, already handcuffed, and now begging for her help after being on the opposite side of the battle lines.  Kirsten simply shakes her head, and turns back toward Emma, Ethan, and Hailey.  Ethan is a bit surprised by Kirsten's lack of empathy for her own parents.

Ethan Taylor: Not even going to try and help them?

Kirsten Scott: No.  Not after everything they put me through... Or better yet, put US through.  My job and my loyalty isn't to two people who never loved me.  My job is to be faithful and true to the family who HAS loved me, and that's you three...

This moment of compassion is met by Emma pulling everyone in around Kirsten and initiating a group hug and creating a moment that Kirsten has always yearned for...

It was this moment that I truly knew what the word "family" meant.  I truly felt "love" for the first time.  Three people, none of which were biologically related to me, were more to me like family than the people who brought me into this world and I was OK with that.  I was OK knowing that my "chosen family" was the family who truly cared for my well-being, and me for theirs.

I also realized that this was the first time that someone had ever loved me for me.  I wasn't a screen name on a computer.  I wasn't "Kid," like the other young ones in The Compound anymore.  I wasn't "Kitt," because my Dad was obsessed with Knight Rider and thought it was a fun nickname for his daughter.

I was Kirsten.

Everyone saw me as Kirsten.

Everyone loved me for being Kirsten.

It was a sense of completion to a nightmare that I had lived for most of my entire life.  It was a turning of a new page to now know that "The One" was behind me, and I could finally move on in life with an identity all my own, and with those close by around me, rather than worrying about people talking behind my back, or mocking me because I was "different."  I was finally, accepted...

With the arrests back in full swing, Agent McConnell emerges back from the shadows, having not been able to catch up to his superiors.  He immediately pulls his handcuffs back out and clicks them open, making a heading back for Kirsten, determined to take her into custody, but as he reaches to grab her again, his hand is grabbed by his commanding officer.  McConnell looks up at him, as the foursome turn toward McConnell in shock, having not realized he was approaching again.

FBI Supervisor: Don't even think about it McConnell... She's as free as the other three...

McConnell begins to plead his case.

Agent McConnell: Listen, you don't understand.  She doesn't have the immunity the others were given.  I wrote that contract JUST so I could have her as my prized arrest.  Hailey knew that when she signed the paper..

Hailey smirks.

Hailey Brooks: You don't realize that even you got played, do you?  What I signed for you was worth less than the paper it was printed on.  Your superiors were in charge of this case, not you... And it was my job to get you to prove what your motives REALLY were, because they knew you'd be more about greed and yourself than the safety and protection of ANYONE.  Before you EVER came to me, my parents and I were spoken to by your bosses, and in THAT MOMENT we signed on to ensure all of our safety, and the safety of the innocent in this matter, in exchange for all of corroboration of Kirsten's findings.  We agreed to do so if she, Emma, and Ethan, were also protected.

When they found out everything was true, and that this was much bigger than they imagined, they knew you'd use it as a chance to make yourself the hero, and they felt ashamed that they had bought into any of your spin.  So my goal was to get you to want me to play ball, and get you to admit that your goals were to save YOUR ASS, and not anyone elses... So they played your ass, like you tried to play them.  They knew you wanted revenge... And unfortunately... Now...

Agent McConnell's supervisor pats him on the shoulder.

FBI Supervisor: I believe it's time we head to the office and have a litte chat... Shall we?

As the arrests and interrogations continue, the foursome walk over to the "welcome center" of The Compound, where Kirsten used to call home, and each sit down on the steps.  The emotional drain of everything that went down begins to take a toll on each of them, respectively, in their own way.  Emma finally breaks down into tears, and falls into her brother's chest.  He takes deep breaths, biting his lip, as he tries not to cry as well.  Hailey looks up at the night sky and takes a deep breath, while one tear begins to roll down the cheek of Kirsten, who looks at her three "brothers and sisters," and simply begins to realize her life is now changing in ways she had always dreamed, and the future could be something special.

----------------------------------

{PROMO}

Today the day has finally come.  The day has come for SCW to say farewell to the woman they have come to collectively know as "The One" and instead, now allow her true self to emerge from the cocoon that she was encapsulated in to finally spread her wings, and be Kirsten Scott.

That's right... The One, has a name.

The One, has an identity...

And it's with Taking Hold of the Flame, one year after allowing herself to emerge from the shadows, but embody the "Scarlett Letter" that plagued her life, that she was given the opportunity to see, to believe, to feel, that her chance to be accepted by others as who she truly is has come to pass.  And while most would have expected it to be shrouded in successes that "gave me the freedom" to emerge, it was the ups and downs, the realization that The One does not truly DEFINE me anymore, but is just a part of my past I will never escape, or hide from.  Now, instead, I embrace it.  I appreciate it.  I look at it like a blessing because what it did it it surrounded it me with people who actually CARE about me, and have taken the time to get to KNOW ME.

Hailey...

Emma...

Ethan...

And truly one of the most important, and relevant to this organization, Pro...

These people mark what is important to me now, and have taught me that the person I am is not something to shy away from.  And sadly, that is something I have done for a long time, as The One.  I have let Kirsten not see the light of day or even be acknowledged.  I have made myself believe she didn't exist anymore and instead, there was only The One.  But that wasn't the case.  Kirsten made up The One.  I made up The One.  Everything she embodied was a trademark of who I was growing up and The One just elevated that to a level where I had the confidence to allow it to shine.

But when those you care about begin believing in YOU, and forget who you "claim" to be, but simply see the person inside, it doesn't matter what you call yourself.  It doesn't matter if you have a "cool" moniker or no moniker at all.  It doesn't matter if you have some goofy gimmick to justify your name because in the end, you are you.  And whether EVERYONE accepts you is irrelevant because if those who matter DO, you are a somebody.  Your name matters.  YOU MATTER...

And they made me matter again!

And that brings us to Taking Hold of the Flame and the one year anniversary of my debut.  It brings us to another year where, to a degree, a newcomer shows her face, wanting to shock the world and achieve something that nobody would have ever given her a snow ball's chance in hell of achieving.  It brings Kirsten Scott, a woman that, by name, nobody in SCW has ever heard of, and her quest to do the unthinkable and main event Rise ro Greatness after putting countless others, who are probably more deserving, in her rear view mirror, watching as she gets an honor nobody thought she deserved.

Yes, that is my goal...

My goal is to piggyback off of my performance last year.  My goal is to use last year as a lesson learned and use what I was able to do with NO PREPARATION to my advantage, now having a LOT of preparation.  See, that night, I was as green as they came.  Never wrestled before.  Walked into the maatch with sights set on the biggest prize for no rightful reason, and what did I do?  I made a run.

Yeah, I didn't win...

I still made a run...

For Taking Hold of the Flame, to be a nobody and actually go in there and make a run is a bit of a rarity.  It's something SCW isn't used to seeing, and I know it's why I made a lot of people uncomfortable.  That, and also the fact I was saying I was going to end up ridding the organization of the filth that had been lining its hallways... But I like to think that a newcomer making a big showing in the battle royal definitely made people go, "what the fuck?"

So I figure, why not do it again?  Why not do it better?

Why not just fucking win it all this time, and PLAN on doing so?

Because here's my question to everyone in SCW... What is stopping me from doing it?  Who is stopping me?  Who is the one person that holds my entire future in their little hand?  It's me... And only me... Sure there are others in this match and they can play a role in things, but the reality is, Kirsten Scott holds her own fate in her own hands, and nobody else can change that.  I don't care if you're a returning Street, Helms, Frost, or hell, Jesus Christ himself, I just don't care.  None of them control my fate.  They aren't the one, single, person, who can guarantee victory or loss for me in this match.

That is JUST ME!

And while I hold that capability, I have to utilize that power by also ensuring that I don't make a mistake because that is when other people begin to have a say in your successes and failures.  When you take your eye off of the prize, when you forget where you are, who is around you, and what is transpiring, that gives others the chance to make an impact and take the power from you.  That's what happened to me last year.  I turned my back at the wrong time, and next thing you know, me and another are being tossed, ass over tits, to the floor.  It was that moment that screwed my chances up because I was feeling it, in that moment.  I was FEELING it... But I made the mistake of letting someone else have an IOTA of say in my success, and next thing you know, my night was over.

So this time, I plan on not giving anyone a taste of what it would be like to have my moment because this is my coming out moment.  This is my moment that I have wanted in life.  Not a title shot.  Not a battle royal win.  A night where people MEET ME and RESPECT ME, FOR ME!

Kirsten begins to get more intense.

My whole life, WHOLE LIFE, I have been someone else's bitch.  I've had to do what others have told me, others have asked me, and others have REQUIRED me to do in order to life any semblance of a normal life.  And I use the term normal with the utmost sarcasm.  For fuck's sake, I had to be everyone's bitch just to LIVE and now, NOW that time is over.  Now that time is gone.  I am a woman who has been beaten, bruised, and scarred in so many ways, nobody will ever see the true depth, but what they can see is the badass that I have turned into.  What they can have to deal with is the STRENGTH that I have been blessed with, having gone through everything I have gone through.

That's what this battle royal means to me.  It means more than a title shot, but an opportunity to finally unleash the woman inside who has been confined, and told she was worth nothing.  This is my chance for the world to see what can become of someone who was told and treated like a nobody, and finally believed it until those who truly cared about her saved her from herself, and led her through the darkness, to see light once again.  This is my chance to do something with my life from the get-go and not have to try and mentally fight myself into believing I am not as worthless as I was told.

I just have to go out there and DO IT!

Now don't get me wrong... I'm not stupid... This isn't some gimme.  This isn't going to be easy or handed to me.  Everyone wants what I want and everyone is going to do whatever they can to take it from my, yes, greedy, hands.  Everyone is going to want to go out there and prove they're worthy of the next title shot in SCW, and you know, it may be one of them and not me.  I may be living a pipe dream.  But you had better fucking believe I know that dreams come true after what I endured for years.  I had to put on a facade in order to garner any respect or belief in my abilities, and all it did was bring me to realizing that not being true to yourself will NEVER bring the true amount of success you can achieve...

Kirsten takes a hit from her vape.

So there you go...

So here I am...

I wasn't making bullshit claims when I said The One was going to die at Taking Hold of the Flame and be resurrected as a Phoenix, or shed her cocoon and spread her wings.  I just didn't define how.  And this is my "how."  This is my chance to do something that is life changing and career defining for ME!  Not for those who created or feared The One for all of that time.  Not for those who embraced The One as the ultimate mercenary and security guard of a stupid sex cult.

No...

This is for Kirsten Scott, a woman forced to hide behind a mask, a pseudonym, an alias, a moniker, all for respect and attention, and all because she was told she wasn't good enough herself.  This is the moment where I stand my ground, and I stand up for myself.  I don't let others define me, or tell me how I have to act, or who I have to report to.  I do what I believe is right and I fight for what I believe in, day in and day out.  And if there are people who don't like it, they can sniff the fart box of an invalid until the cows come home, because their days of having ANY SAY, are over.

This is now my time...

This is now my world...

Come Taking Hold of the Flame, the change of The One to Kirsten Scott will be complete.  SCW will have it's newest and most poised and determine woman on their roster by name, and the mediocrity of the past will cease to exist.  After the battle royal, Kirsten Scott will be a person people hate seeing their names in opposition to.  After the battle royal, Kirsten Scott will be a name that is synonymous with success and overcoming the odds.  And yes, when the dust settles, and the battle royal ends, Kirsten Scott will be on the road to Rise to Greatness with her opportunity to legitimize herself, her life, her struggle, her everything, as she will be the number one contender for the SCW World Championship, and she will defy the odds, just like she has made a living doing her entire life.

And that, I can just simply say is... THE TRUTH!

----------------------------------

{THE ONE: The Final Chapter - Epilogue}

The, now crime scene, that was once the bustling sexual rendezvous point for the swingers group of sexual individuals and couples, has been a crazy mess of people being interrogated and arrested for their involvement in RICO, child endangerment, illegal prostitution, et cetera for hours on end.  But finally, things begin to slow down.  People who have been found uninvolved in the criminal activities are let go, members of the FBI have begun their stings within the city on local law enforcement individuals who were being paid off, and while crime scene investigators continue to gather evidence, some of the only people left on scene are the newly reunited foursome of Emma, Ethan, Hailey, and Kirsten.

They had taken turns getting up and kind of stretching, answering questions as individuals, and just trying to really cope with everything that has actually just transpired.  Emma comes walking back to the group, looking directly at Hailey upon her return.

Emma Taylor: You know, Hailey... I always knew you'd reach your potential.  I could see it...

Hailey looks a bit confused.

Hailey Brooks: What do you mean?

Emma smiles.

Emma Taylor: You are a visionary.  You are THE visionary of this family.  You are the one who has always seen the best path forward.  You knew that someone needed to take Kirsten's predecessor down, and when you met Kirsten, you saw in her the future.  Then, you saw that Agent McConnell was not someone to be trusted or taken seriously, and you were crucial in listening to his superiors to take the right path to get us here.

Hailey smiles.

Hailey Brooks: Thank you, for that... I don't know if I believe it, but I thank you for that...

Emma then looks over at her brother.

Emma Taylor: ... And you, my sweet, loving, brother... I am so proud and thankful for you to have always been by my side and took care of me when nobody else could see what was actually happening.  I will forever be indebted to you for that.  I will forever be grateful to you.  And I will forever love you as the amazing older brother that you will always be to me.

Emma then looks directly at Kirsten, and just smiles and embraces again.

Emma Taylor: ... Kirsten... You... You will forever be my "One."  But you won't ever have to be "The One" in your life again.  It can be the way I look at you, but it merely is as a nickname, or as a term of endearment.  You are free to be you.  You are free to go be Kirsten.  Be the woman who created and embraced the IDEA of "The One" the way it was meant to be done, the right way, and saved me.  And I hope you know that I want to see it, and forever be by your side, as a friend, a mentor in my own ways, and an ally... I want to support you in your quest to find your true self, and support it, as you have allowed me to support myself, and quite frankly, all of us to support ourselves.

Hailey stands up from her seated position on the porch, and walks over to Kirsten.  There is a look of worry in her eye that finally has taken over, now that everything has settled.

Emma Taylor: So... Do you think you can truly forgive me for going a bit rogue?

Kirsten smirks.

Kirsten Scott: You did what you had to do for what you believed in.  You embodied everything I fought for.  You showed why you deserved to be "The One" long before me.  To be honest... I couldn't be any more prouder in my FRIEND.  I couldn't be more prouder in the woman who I looked up to, and who taught me the what the "right decision" was, when I made it.  I couldn't be more happy to say that Hailey is, truly, my best friend, and has been since the day I met her, and she welcomed me into her life.

I get what you had to do for your family...

I understand why protecting them was important...

They never did to you what mine did to me.  They were more naive to the greater scheme of everything going on.  And you did what you SAW wwa right in the situation to end up leaving us all in this moment, right here, right now...

Emma is right when she says you're the Visionary of this "family..."

You see everything for the greater good.  You look at things in a way none of us do.  And that is a level of excellence that cannot be taught or imparted on a person.  That is simply based on who they are.  It's why I never doubted you.  It's why I never didn't call you my best friend.  You, I knew embodied everything WE imagined, and were the person who saw it from the beginning.  It didn't matter who executed it, you saw the finality.

You had the vision, Hailey....

You had the goal...

You created the team to make it happen whether you knew it or not.

YOU WERE THE VISION...

I may have been the one to act it out, but it was thanks to you, and now, I get to see it first hand.  I see what you did, and I thank you for it.  I see that you constantly believed in yourself, and imparted that to me.  That's what led me to becoming "The One" and fighting for OUR, and I mean us all, honor.  I couldn't be prouder of you, and what you were willing to risk to get us to this moment... Right here... Right now...

After a sigh, Ethan asks the proverbial question...

Ethan Taylor: So... What now... For all of us...?

Kirsten Scott: Your sister said it best, we are all free.  We are all free to forge our own path.  So it's your call, it's Emma's call, it's Hailey's call, and it's my choice where we each go from here.  I'd say this whole situation, this whole path, it's given us a unique opportunity.  We can go down a path together and see if our paths ever diverge, or we decide right now to go out as individuals and never forget what we did to create this moment...

Emma looks at her brother and puts her hand on his shoulder.

Emma Taylor: Do you really want to just be my babysitter for your whole life, or do you have your own dreams to pursue?

Ethan shrugs.

Ethan Taylor: I... I mean, yeah, I've always had my own dreams.  Who doesn't?

Emma Taylor: Then consider this your chance to pursue them.  You're not bound to me anymore.  You're not required to watch and look after me anymore.  Why not go and pursue your own dreams?  You're free to do so, and I will always be there in spirit.  I'll always be there if you want to see me.

Kirsten interjects as well.

Kirsten Scott: ... And I can promise that Emma will be safe if she truly comes along with me.  I will look after The Orac... I mean look after Emma.  And she won't ever be kept from you.  She will always be available to leave to spend time with you.  She won't be any prisoner of mine, but will be safe...

Ethan sighs and looks down, and then begins to nod.  He looks up at the two who had been addressing him.

Ethan Taylor: You both are right.  I know my baby sister is safe.  I know I can, for once, step away and go do my own thing, and maybe that day will come.  But right now, I want to be around the people who have given me the chance to be myself, and have let me actually have a say in how I live my life.  I will have time to tackle my dreams, but for now my responsibilities still lie here, with my family...

Kirsten chuckles to herself.

Kirsten Scott: Well... It sounds like we aren't getting rid of one another, just yet.  It sounds like none of us want to step away from what we have built over this whole ordeal.  But if we do that, we have to agree on one thing, all of us.  We never sway from this unit.  We never budge.  We never give into temptations that may cause pain to others within this core.  We have to be loyal to each other like we have always shown that we can be to one another.  Does that make sense?

Everyone is quick to affirm their agreement to what Kirsten is saying.

Kirsten Scott: Good... Then where we go from here is a new adventure.  It's one out of the shadows.  It's one more out in the open.  And it's one that gives us a chance to all finally take a deep fucking breath, and stop worrying about who is watching, and why lies in the shadows that we can't see...

With Kirsten's final words, the scene ends with the foursome standing up from where they had been sitting, and beginning to make their way down the wooded path, back toward the highway, and ultimately toward the community that now will be charged with welcoming them back into society, while also coping with the massive changes that will be pushed upon it, as the governmental agences begin to try and piece together how deeply the corruption and crime went, in regards to The Prophets, The Compound, and the officials who helped protect it over all of the time it was in operation.
[Image: W4cpQhO.png]
-------------------------

Overall Record: 26-19-3   |   2024 Record: 7-2-0

-------------------------

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SCW Television Champion - 10/13/22 - 12/8/22 (56 Days)
2023 Trios Tournament Champion (w/ Adam Allocco & Kimberly Williams)

SCW Television Champion (2x) - 07/06/23 - 11/02/23 (119 Days)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by TheOne - 05-31-2023, 08:38 PM
“Too Hot To Handle!” - by Cassie Wolfe - 06-02-2023, 08:52 PM