Damian Marshall vs. The One Kirsten Scott
[Image: scwtvchampionship.png]

Damian Marshall vs. The One Kirsten Scott

Rise to Greatness Pre-Show

2 RP Limit per person
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday, July 23,2023

**Kirsten Scott can cross post their roleplays from other matches if they choose to.

Brothers can be SUCH a pain in the ass sometimes!!!
[Image: IctoXMp.png]
OOC Note: My CD will be cross-posted for both matches, but the promos will be different.  So I am posting my promos for each match first, then will post the CD before the deadline.  I verified with Olek this was OK as long as I notated it across my posts for clarity.

---------------------------------

{PROMO}

On the streets of Toronto, in a part of town not normally known for its foot traffic, very few people are seen walking down the sidewalks.  Standing out from the bunch is a group of four who are walking, with obvious purpose, in one direction, not looking like those who may just be out taking a late night stroll.  The camera slowly approaches, catching up with the foursome, and its leader reveals all of their identities, as Kirsten Scott stands at the head of the pack, hood up, just covering the very top of her head and having her face fully exposed.

Well... Here we are... Rise to Greatness... The night where everyone walks into the same arena with the same desire, and that's to put on the greatest show of their life.  And it's a night where I walk in for only the second time IN MY LIFE, but for the first time calling myself one, very, specific, and iconic word...

CHAMPION...

Not many people ever get to say that in the history of SCW.  It's an honor to know you're walking into this event with a title over your shoulder and the pressure on you.  And that is a pressure I can admit, I have never faced.  I have walked into Breakdown as champion, just like I did against Religious Wright and his fake-ass Lord and Savior, and I've shown I can come out on top.  I showed that I can walk into an event and be a champion, and then do the same thing as I exit, but this isn't that same type of event, now is it?  Rise to Greatness is not Breakdown where it's the same feeling in the locker room week to week...

Nuh uh...

Not in the least...

While this may only be my second time walking through the curtains in the biggest event in SCW's calendar year, I know for a damn fact how different it feels.  It's not just "another night."  It's not just "another match."  It's a night where careers are MADE.  It's a night where DREAMS are made.  It's a night where the best of the best truly "Rise" to the top of their SCW game and show the world what they can do, and I plan on doing just that.

But I'm not naive, you see...

I'm not dumb...

Last year I had called my shot for Rise to Greatness, before I ever walked into the company.  I called that Bearded Bitch out, and made it clear that I was going to do everything I could to make him YEARN for a fight with me, and I did just that.  I went for his friends.  I went for his "family."  I went for any and everyone who would tug on his little heart strings so he would quit hiding, and come out fighting.  And this year, it's kind of a reversal of fortune, you know?

And no... Not the eating competition type of reversal of fortune...

Emma can be heard snickering at the quip.

See unlike me calling my shot, I have a person standing across from me who has basically, whether he will admit it or not, sent HIS FAMILY over to try and make my life a living hell, just so HE could come out on top.  Now he may not want the world to think that, and he may blatantly say otherwise, but let's call a spade a spade, here... Blood always runs thicker than water.  Blood will always stand up for blood, when it comes down to the brass tax of the situation.  But he wants us all to believe that he is the one who sees through all of the chaos in his own family, and believes that his family wouldn't do what is best for him, for HIM?

Now that is naivety...

And that, if he truly can't see the truth in what I said over the drivel he espoused, is just... Sad...

So little fella... My humble little cowpoke... Mister "True Grit" himself... Josh Brolin wannabe... You seem to think that I am going to make a lot of assumptions about you, based on what I hear you saying.  You seem to think you know what is going through my mind, but let me remind you of something, I was just as much of a "Spring Chicken" as you are, when I walked into Rise to Greatness for the first time.  So your few matches, I don't look at that as an ulterior motive for you being involved, I look at it as something you did to make a quick statement...

For fuck's sake... SCW is known for giving those "Ultimate Opportunities" early in the careers of the new faces...

So I don't look at Mr. D trying to come after me personally.  If he is, then that is on him.  That isn't my problem.  I've been honest with everyone that I'm going to operate like I want, and I don't give three farts in the wind, as your kind would say, if ANYONE likes it.  If they don't like it, they can come to me, and not be passive aggressive.  So as far as that whole thing goes, give it up... Understand SCW rewards talent, and that is where I'm going to base the fact you have been put in this match.  So congrats on showing off in a short amount of time.  Congrats on also having a name beside you that probably helps because, while SCW is known for it's opportunities...

Well...

Nepotism once ran rampant as well...

So if anything involving Mr. D is involved, I would go back to saying he may be regressing in his ways.  He may be going back to that dark day where his life was easy and he had four names to choose from.  So maybe there's that Mr. Marshall... Maybe he figures it's just going back to the days of "it's easier that way."

But I digress...

This is a moment for you, Buckaroo.  This is a big opportunity because you're while you have made a statement and, honestly I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say, earned this match, you don't know what it's like at Rise to Greatness.  I was on the PRESHOW last year, and I didn't realize what I was in for.  This year, I'm on BOTH, so I have a whole different ballgame to plan for.  But it doesn't mean I'm taking one more seriously over the other.  It doesn't mean I'm looking down on you as a lesser opponent, and a lesser match.

No... I see you as the START of my night...

I see you as the BEGINNING of MY Rise to Greatness...

Last year everyone just got a taste of what I could do when I put Beardy in his spot.  Everyone just got a taste of what "The One" was about, but this year, they get to experience the whole thing because I am not hamstrung by a moniker, I am myself.  I am Kirsten Scott and I am someone who, since defining myself, has stood up to SCW's best of the best and put up a fight.  And honestly if you think I don't still have something to prove after all that, after winning this Television Championship for a SECOND TIME in less than a year of ever being a part of this industry, you're wrong my friend... You're dead wrong...

Kirsten, having been carrying the Television Championship this whole time, switches shoulders it is draped over.

See unlike you and your lineage in this business, I don't have that.  Again, I don't care what bullshit you want to say about how Ace isn't going to do anything to help you, but only do something to hurt me, you're fucking dumb.  But you're also dumb in acting like you don't have a lineage here.  You may only have this handful of matches, but you have Ace Marshall as a brother.  You have a legend, whether he's a piece of shit or not, as a full on brother, who could at time in your life given you a few pointers I never had.  And that actually means something when you're talking about what you COULD bring to the fold.  So don't play yourself to be this newbie.  Don't play yourself to be this nobody that is just now cutting his teeth.

Because if anyone is STILL cutting their teeth it's me...

See, Kirsten Scott has been doing exactly as I had hoped she would and is making a name for herself.  She's not JUST "The One," she has a name.  She has an IDENTITY.  She has a PERSONALITY.  She is finally free of a burden she put on herself.  And it wasn't a personal demon it was done INTENTIONALLY.  It was done to PUNISH myself for my transgressions.  Only when I EARNED my right to call myself by my name did I get a chance to finally see what I could do, and so far, it's a lot better than just being seen as "The One."

How so?

"The One" alone was mediocrity at its finest.  I talked a great game, but when it came to putting together a win-loss record I could be proud of, or make people believe in, I ended up breaking about as even as possible.  If it wasn't even, it was definitely a small loss in gambling terms, fella.  But since I let myself blossom, since I let myself be free, since I EARNED MY RIGHT to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of what was left of my life, I have done what?  I pushed Syren to her limits, AGAIN, outlasted HOW MANY others at Taking Hold of the Flame, beat a bonafide legend in Justin Davis to GET this championship, and then put a religious fanatic down to show dominance over this belt.

So no... I haven't shown the world EVERYTHING I can do yet.  I am just getting MY chance to do it finally, and so far, I believe I've done a fair job.  At Rise to Greatness, however, I get the chance to do an even BIGGER and BETTER job at proving who I am and like I said, it will start with you.  It will start with a match that gets the crowd ready for a night they will never forget and it will involve a legacy in this business versus the REAL newcomer.

Face it Hopalong Cassidy... You and I have a chance to make this event start off with a "YEEHAW" and a "BANG," to put it in terms you'd actually understand.  But in order to do so, you better bring this "True Grit" that you say never dies.  You better bring every spur, assless chap, and extra Vaquero you can find still out on the range because it will take ALL OF THAT, plus your brother and his horde of fuckery to take this title off of my shoulder.  Like you said as well, I'm not overlooking you.  I may have a lot on my plate, but you're the appetizer, and let's be real, sometimes that's the best part of the meal.  So don't expect me to pretend our match doesn't matter.

DON'T EVEN THINK I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS TITLE!

Because the reality is, I've won it twice with a goal of being the ultimate workhorse, ultimate competitor, and ultimate Television Champion that SCW has ever seen.  I want people to realize that I walked into this place with NOTHING, unlike you, and have proven myself to be a formidable force in every match, every moment, and every OPPORTUNITY I have been given.  So while "True Grit" may never die, and you may go onto rival your brother in success in the future, I plan on simply removing you from my plate like an amuse-bouche... And if I still have some of that "True Grit" stuck in my teeth, I'll reach down into your little horsey satchel and pull out one of "them their toothpicks" and pluck the rest of that "True Grit" out...

And if worst comes to worst, I'll have Hailey here bring some Colgate down to ringside, and we'll clean that mess off your shitkickers once and for all...

Because, "Nepotism Baby," I am "The One..." I am unstoppable... And like DEATH and TAXES... At Rise to Greatness, I'M UNDENIABLE![/align]
[Image: W4cpQhO.png]
-------------------------

Overall Record: 26-19-3   |   2024 Record: 7-2-0

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SCW Television Champion - 10/13/22 - 12/8/22 (56 Days)
2023 Trios Tournament Champion (w/ Adam Allocco & Kimberly Williams)

SCW Television Champion (2x) - 07/06/23 - 11/02/23 (119 Days)
OOC Note: CD being cross-posted on both match threads

-----------------

{MODERN DAY: Pro vs. Everyone}

Becoming a champion for the second time was something that, I will admit, was surprising to me in my young journey in this business, and wasn't something that I thought would be something that would be as addicting of a feeling that it has been.  But I will admit, it is just that...

Addicting...

It is coupled with the fact that walking out of a successful title defense, and preparing for walking into Rise to Greatness to do what everyone wants to do and that's fight for more gold has me, like I said, addicted.  It is a feeling I wasn't expecting or anticipating.  I expected to be an athiest to the belief that a title was that meaningful, but I felt the rush.  The part that has been the most confusing is turning that feeling off when you leave a building or arena.

Seriously... It's like walking into a different world...

In some cases people recognize you, especially if it is around where you just were, but in most cases, you are just another face in the crowd.  You're not the "larger than life" personality that sits on the other side of those barricades, and so when you walk away from the lights and crowd, to a world of silence, it can be jarring.  It can be as if you have been transported to another world altogether.  And while I am still getting used to it, I won't lie, I realize that being able to know that there is a threshold I get to cross to go to a level of "normalcy" from the craziness is something I do desire.

The one thing, however, that crosses those thresholds, both ways, have been Pro, and since regaining my identity, my "family" as well.  Having people surrounding me, whom I know are trustworthy and not just latching on for any ulterior motive, is refreshing from when I first started trying to make a name for myself doing something "constructive."  Back then it was lonely.  It was like feeling like I had nobody on either side of the threshold, and I walked alone in the shadows at all times.  Now, at least, I have someone to carry on a conversation with.  And up until recently, I never knew how needed that could be in life.

Sometimes all it takes, is a friend or two...

Walking toward the exit at the most recent Breakdown, Kirsten, Emma, Ethan, and Hailey all make the traditional walk through the backstage of the arena toward the exit, where all of the vehicles are parked.  A few security personnel line the pathway to ensure that the errant, hostile, fan, doesn't impede their progress, but still is understanding of those seeking simple autographs or meetings with their favorite stars.

As the group pass that portion of the outside area, and begin to make it to the cordoned off section of parking for the talent and staff, a shadowy figure begins weaving its way through the cars, making a B-line in their direction.  Kirsten immediately stops, as her heightened sense of "security" from her days as "The One" kick in.  She quickly positions herself in front of the rest, even as Hailey tries to get beside her, ready for any confrontation.  This person approaching doesn't look like they are "friendly," and both Kirsten and Hailey are not afraid of "throwing down," should the situation call for it.

As the person gets closer, they walk through enough illumination from the parking lights and the moon to show that it is Pro, and not someone they deem a threat.  Kirsten immediately retracts her adversarial pose, as does Hailey, who steps back knowing that Pro and Kirsten have a friendship of their own she is not a part of, and doesn't want to try and interject.

As Pro gets closer, however, her demeanor shows she is not in a "friendly" mood, and quickly walks right up to her friend, getting within inches of her face.

Pro: WHO ARE THEY?  HUH?!  AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHO DO YOU FUCKING THINK YOU ARE?!

Kirsten holds her hands palms forward as if to try and diffuse the situation.

Kirsten Scott: Woah... Woah... Slow down, Pro.  Step back, and let me explain...

Pro, still showing definite signs of anger, takes one step back.

Kirsten Scott: ... This is Hailey.  She is a mentor of mine from as far back as I can remember.  This is Emma and Ethan, a brother and sister, who have become like family to me in recent years, and I have promised to look after.  As for me... I'm still me... Why?

Pro: No... You are "The One..."  Who the FUCK is this Kirsten person?  Where in the hell did she come from, and why is she here?  Why did you decide to magically get a name that wasn't who you told me you were?

Pro takes several deep breaths, looking around frantically.

Pro: ... Are you fucking trying to mock me, Nicole, and Ducky?  Are you mocking our alter and MY alter system?

Kirsten is immediately surprised at the allegations and taken aback.

Kirsten Scott: Wait... What?  No!  I...

Pro is quick to cut her off.

Pro: NO!  Don't try and bullshit your way through this.  You tried to con me.  I thought I had FINALLY found someone I, ME, PRO, could actually trust.  I thought YOU, "The One," was different than the rest of those fuckers who have tried to gain our trust.  But no... You're just the same as each and every one of them!

Kirsten continues to try and diffuse the situation and calm her friend down.

Kirsten Scott: Pro... I promise you, I am different.  My name doesn't define ME or WHO I am.  Just like your name, it doesn't define Pro.  You are you.  Period.  I am me, period!  It's just a name.  The PERSON defines who he or she is, and in our cases who each one of us is.  Not our names or what people call us...

Pro continues to have none of it.

Pro: Ok you can stop with this philosophical bullshit you're feeding me.  I don't see the same person.  I don't see "The One..."

Kirsten Scott: Ok... Why not?  What about me has changed besides my name, and besides the fact that I have brought in some people from outside of "our business" to be supportive of me and what I do?  Where am I different?  Where have I shown you that I am acting differently?  Seriously... Answer that question and prove to me that I am not still "The One," because the last time I walked out there in that building behind me, I still heard them call me "The One" Kirsten Scott, both when I entered and when I exited.

So prove to me I'm not me...

Or better yet, maybe you can answer me this question... Is it you that's actually scared, here?  Is it the fact that I'm not just "The One," but actually embraced by my name that makes you realize what people CALL you doesn't define WHO you are?  Maybe the problem is what you're seeing is something FAR DEEPER than Pro wants to admit to HERSELF and EVERYONE else?  Hmm?

The slight snarky tone of Kirsten's voice is not lost on Pro, who immediately closes the gap between the two, getting nose to nose with her "friend."  Hailey sees this and tries to jump in, but with reflexes akin to a cat, Kirsten's arm shoots out, blocking Hailey's way, and holding her back.  Kirsten slowly turns her head slightly, so Hailey knows she's speaking directly to her.

Kirsten Scott: Hailey... This doesn't concern you... This is something between two of a kind... This is something very personal, and Pro needs to see it and face it herself.  Pro doesn't need to feel she's being ganged up on.  She needs to express herself to me, and me alone, no matter how it goes...

Kirsten turns her head back to being nose to nose with Pro.  Pro just growls in her face as she talks.

Pro: You are definitely NOT "The One..." You lied... You tried to defraud my alter like everyone has in the past, and you treated ME, personally, like I was dumb, and not your equal.  You looked at me as below you and someone you could manipulate...

Kirsten Scott: Then tell me how... You want to make accusations and tell me that I haven't been completely honest with you, and completely legitimate with who I say I am, then you tell me HOW I haven't been legit with you.  Don't be vague.  Be direct.  You tell me what is different between "The One" and "Kirsten Scott."  You have to be the one to step up and prove it to me, and not just run your mouth and say that it's fact, without concrete evidence.

Kirsten leans forward, taking a more confrontational pose.

Kirsten Scott: ... So tell me, Pro... What... Is... Different?  Explain yourself... Prove your point...

Kirsten can see she is starting to get under Pro's skin, and doesn't hold back.

Kirsten Scott: ... C'mon... Do it... Give me your evidence...

Pro begins to grit her teeth in annoyance and anger, and Kirsten continues to pressure her.

Kirsten Scott: ... If you want to be the genuine one here, and prove I was the fraud, you tell me when "The One" and "Kirsten Scott" didn't act like the same person?  Give me your proof, or maybe you should quit making accusations that you can't prove?  Maybe you should realize that not everyone falls in the same damn mold.  Because I have never deviated from being the same to you and being constantly proving myself as loyal to YOU.  So where are you getting off saying otherwise, huh?

Seriously, Pro... PROVE IT!

You brought these accusations, so I'm saying you need to be able to back it up.  REAL friends don't just call one another on the carpet, and make a fucking scene unless there is a damn reason, so I'm asking you what that is?  Because you and I both know that I have not fit the mold of everyone else that you, Pro, have encountered.  I am different from everything you've seen.  I've always proved myself LOYAL to you, and I will continue to fucking do so, even though you're in my face, ready to hit me, right now... Why?  Because I know you don't have proof and you need someone to call the bullshit out.  You need someone to be willing to say that this garbage idea of yours about a name, is just that...

FUCKING GARBAGE...

My name has never, and WILL never matter.  I will ALWAYS be the same person.  And so now... I say it again... Where is your proof, and where is your evidence?  This is your ONE SHOT... ONE... SINGLE... SHOT...

Pro brgins to strain more and more.  She can feel the stress of being put on the spot and being openly challenged for what she sees on the surface.  Her anger continues to rise at the situation, forcing her to take a deep breath and take a step back, battling her inner emotions and inner desires of how to handle the situation.

After several moments of trying to find the words to say, looking to the side, back at Kirsten, and all around, Pro can only react in one manner that sums up everything boiling inside her at that instant.

Pro: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro then does the unthinkable and darts off in a completely tangential direction, which causes Hailey, again, trying to be the protectorate of the group, and try and chase after her.  Like the first time, Kirsten freezes her in place.

Kirsten Scott: Stop... It's fine...

Hailey looks at her with a look of confusion, knowing this is NOT the time to be "brave," but it is Kirsten who brings everyone down the Earth by stepping in Hailey's way completely, instead of just holding her back with her arm.

Kirsten Scott: ... No... Stop... I promise, it's fine.  This is not the situation we fight, but instead it's a situation we allow Pro to fight herself.  This is a chance for us to show we aren't like the rest, and let her fight her own battles alone.  If we try and put ourselves into the alter, we risk making ourselves the enemy...

This is her chance to truly trust in all of us...

Hailey tries to say something behind Kirsten, and she senses it, again shutting it down.

Kirsten Scott: ... No... We can't make her do anything... We can't force her... She has her alter and it is a very distinct hierarchy and I see it... She has to fight her own battles...

Out of the blue Emma steps forward toward Kirsten, and ultimately in front of her.  Without realizing she is doing so, Emma transforms into "The Oracle" and begins to try and reconcile with everyone, Kirsten especially.  Since joining Kirsten this is the first time Emma has channeled her ability to have "visions" and see things greater than the rest of the world.

Emma Taylor: There are many who wouldn't see the battle and the struggle that Pro faces.  Many would simply look at it and mock it, shun it, or completely disregard it in an unfavorable manner....

Kirsten takes a small step back, surprised at what she hears.

Emma Taylor: ... I see it, too.  I see Pro.  I see her alter as a whole.  I see the struggle she has in trust because of her role.  I see the furstrations she has deep inside.  But the biggest thing we need to accept and understand, if we are truly different, and her friend, is that we cannot be like the rest.

Pro has to be able to fight her own battles...

We cannot be THEIR savior...

That alter needs to come to grips with its own understanding of reality, and Pro needs to see YOU for who YOU are versus what others have been in the past.  We cannot control that.  But if we do what is right, if we allow her to be who she is and who they are, there will come the time when we all fight alongside together in the field of battle...

Kirsten looks off in the direction of where Pro ran, and sighs.

Kirsten Scott: I just... I just wish I could convince her, you know?

Emma Taylor: We all do, but the sad thing is, it is no longer our fight.  Our fight is to simply trust in the future and Pro's future with her alter.  We have to hope that Pro, and honestly the whole alter as well, see it the same.  Only then will SHE trust us fully, and it won't matter what member of the alter we deal with.

But the truth is, whether she does or not is her decision and truth to face... Not ours... We are the ones who have to have the level of understanding that others have not, to push her into this bubble she won't relent from..."

Hailey Brooks: Understanding of what?

Emma slowly turns in Hailey's direction.

Emma Taylor: Nicole and her entire alter, top to bottom...

As Emma says these words to Kirsten, Kirsten sighs, realizing that "The Oracle" has come through with her wisdom yet again.  In Kirsten's mind, however, there is a worry that she may have just lost a friend, pushing her too far, and pushing something she knows only some about to a point of fracturing even more than it already is.  She hopes that her words were able to break through to her friend, and help her realize that she truly is who she claims to be, and respects Pro for who she is, too.

But as Emma said, she can't make the decisions for Pro.  She can't make Pro do what Kirsten wants.  Pro has to make her own decisions and come to her own conclusions.  But the question will linger, how will this impact their relationship going forward, and will Kirsten be down to just her "family," versus what she thought she had in family AND friends?
[Image: W4cpQhO.png]

Overall Record: 26-19-3   |   2024 Record: 7-2-0

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SCW Television Champion - 10/13/22 - 12/8/22 (56 Days)
2023 Trios Tournament Champion (w/ Adam Allocco & Kimberly Williams)

SCW Television Champion (2x) - 07/06/23 - 11/02/23 (119 Days)